Offline messages

D

DarkHender

There has been many times where people break rules and then quickly log out before you can tell warn or let them know something important (such as a final warning).

That player might not come back on for days and you've forgotten the player name by then.
Then I got to thinking... ( oh no darkhender is thinking! )

What if we had a way to "message" an offline player with a warning or an important message that they would see as soon as they logged in.
And if they needed to they could do something like /messages to be reminded.

D

DarkHender

Well, I wasn't sure if this was possible either, but I know WinX could probably figure something out if it was added.
I do know I've seen this command on other server's, premium ones for sure but I wasn't sure if it was possible for classic ( thank you sploorky for reassuring me! ).

• Love
Reactions: omgitsathong
D

DarkHender

Yeah Dio4344 sorta like a email/pm/private message on the server. Like your own mail system and reminders!

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Well, there's actually a command on the server called /inbox, as Sploorky said. However, it's currently disabled. I'd imagine you'd have to /send [message] to the said person, and they'd get it the next time they log in. All we have to do is enable the commands.

MacTarvish

Reaction score
Now wait, when an operator sends a player a message. Is the player alerted upon entry that they have an unread message waiting for them on /inbox. Or does the message appear before them as they enter?

D

DarkHender

If they have one or more messages would the number of the messages show up when you do /inbox ? And then to open open a message you'd do /inbox (#)?

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
This would be a great idea, but WinX might have his hands full already, so it might have to wait some time (ignore me if I'm wrong and WinX doesn't have his hands full).

EDIT: If /send and /inbox are in the server and work, that would fix the devving problem I guess.