[Official] Features and suggestions

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Last thread we're gonna open now to get player feedback so that we can make AoD a fun server for most players.

Previous topics:
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/official-planning-a-new-ffa.19495/
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/official-ranking-title-system.19563/
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/official-zombie-gamemode.19605/

What do we want from you?
Most big/important subjects that are gonna get some changes have been discussed now. This thread is to post any ideas you have for new features but also old suggestions that you want to bring up again. Anything really that you want to see new or changed on AoD can be posted here (that doesn't fall under one of the other threads). If you have really big ideas like new gamemodes it's probably best to open a new thread.

Keep it constructive. Posts like delete CTF are simply not helpful. It's okay to dislike features, gamemodes, etc.. but make sure to think about a good solution or come up with alternatives.

With kind regards,
Vatu~

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
delete ctf
Ctf suggestions

I think you should remove the guns or make them less OP. To actually capture the flag on some maps, you'd need the whole team to protect the flag carrier and then even that isn't enough.

Maybe if somebody has a flag, make everybody receive a kit with a the 2 hit shovel or a gun that doesn't 1 kill somebody.

Game roles would be good too like,Defender and attacker sort of stuff.
Defender- Has to protect the base/flag (and would most likely be a majority of the team)
Attackers- Has to attack the other base in an attempt to steal the flag.

This would make the gameplay harder because right now it's just every man for themselves in the CTF games. Everyone wants that flag and nobody defends their own team flag (which makes it easier for the other team to get a straight up 3 capture win)

that's all folks
That is all I have for now
-Jen

Reactions: Vatumok

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
delete ctf
Ctf suggestions

I think you should remove the guns or make them less OP. To actually capture the flag on some maps, you'd need the whole team to protect the flag carrier and then even that isn't enough.

Maybe if somebody has a flag, make everybody receive a kit with a the 2 hit shovel or a gun that doesn't 1 kill somebody.

Game roles would be good too like,Defender and attacker sort of stuff.
Defender- Has to protect the base/flag (and would most likely be a majority of the team)
Attackers- Has to attack the other base in an attempt to steal the flag.

This would make the gameplay harder because right now it's just every man for themselves in the CTF games. Everyone wants that flag and nobody defends their own team flag (which makes it easier for the other team to get a straight up 3 capture win)

that's all folks
That is all I have for now
-Jen
I don't know if you are aware, but map makers have the option to have any kit they want for CTF, and also they can change the range of guns if they wish to have them. However, it may be useful to change the damage for guns.
An issue with game roles is that you may have to have more players to be able to have these roles, and also some players do enjoy defending or attacking. I'm not sure giving everyone the flag carrier kit would work, but I'm open to the idea.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't know if you are aware, but map makers have the option to have any kit they want for CTF, and also they can change the range of guns if they wish to have them. However, it may be useful to change the damage for guns.
Ah, I've never made a ctf map myself so I'm unaware of the kit choices and the range of the guns (I knew that mapmakers could change the range but I wasn't sure that was added yet)

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Please make it so you don't need to destroy your own flag to capture. Walking within a certain range of your team flag should count as a capture to avoid stalemate when both teams have the other's flag.

Also, breaking the wool seems unnecessary, maybe have it so simply left clicking the flag transfers it to you?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Please make it so you don't need to destroy your own flag to capture. Walking within a certain range of your team flag should count as a capture to avoid stalemate when both teams have the other's flag.

Also, breaking the wool seems unnecessary, maybe have it so simply left clicking the flag transfers it to you?
I actually like the stalemate, however I wouldnt mind just clicking the flag.

• Agree
Reactions: S_swimmer