Oceanus' Second City Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Once, the area I speak of was nothing but water. Then the storm roared, crashing the ship of adventurers searching for land. The land they would start a empire from.
When they crashed, they though in despair they had no hope. No land to start from, no beginning but a end. Then from the water below, a light flashed giving visions of a glass building under the sea, complete with food, resources and more. When the captains looked at each other, they noticed a blue aura around each other. The blessing of Oceanus, a land was indeed born.
Through hard work and dedication, many joined this land and empires of afar joined as well. They no longer look at the water as the end, but a beginning. A beginning of something new. The legend will continue to blossom, from today and forever more.
City Name: Oceanus.​
City Theme: A city under the sea, blessed by the Titan Oceanus.​
City Location: -1107, -576.​
Members:
MayaDS (Nomad)​
digitalmez (Citizen)​
theCstar (Nomad)​
SeafoamTheDragon (Settler)​
piper143 (Nomad)​
bl1997 (Settler)​
pecks7 (Nomad)​
pjbrough (Settler)​
TacoLove231 (Settler)​
morgan552 (Settler)​
loublue123 (Nomad)​
JustAGuitar (Settler) [Trusted]​
PotatOS24 (Settler)​
Natsubros (Nomad)​
Jummbl (Nomad)​
H3NRYx (Citizen)​
Tyler1157021 (Nomad, banned)​
SocialTitan (Settler) [Head of Resources]​
megan_blaze (Settler)​
Da_Jinks (Citizen) [Co-Founder and Co-Leader]​
theWeakGuy48 (Settler) [Co-Leader]​
DeSeppi (Citizen) [Co-Leader]​
alex1998 (Settler)​
Aidangrant44 (Settler)​
Andyg34 (Settler)​
Alang24 (Settler)​
DKnucklehead (Settler) [Trusted]​
BiggestKirbyFan (Settler) [Head of Building]​
IncredibleNaki (Settler)​
Endersteve5 (Nomad)​
Shopkeepers: We would like to buy 3, will be building rooms for them soon and will discuss trades with Oak if accepted.​
Portal: N/A.​
Region Benefit: N/A.​
Preferred Tag: We would like to keep the one we have, [Ocean]
Screenshots: http://tinyurl.com/mwwvkqt, may add some new ones later ;)
Why your town should be official:
I was asked by several people after our last app how Oceanus would go on. How did we? We got the citizens and settlers, started planning new expansions and have shown even more activity and dedication. We have started one of the first PvP zone satellites and are hoping to help Port Fisk grow and become active once more. In short, we are dedicated, active and will continuously grow for ages to come.​
Thank you for considering, Co-Founder and Co-Leader, Jinks.​

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think I'll be the first to answer this.

Oceanus, you've worked long and hard to get where you are now, I can bet that it was no easy task building a city underwater. I have to say, after a thorough look through, Oceanus looks great! It astounds me how much it grows after each and everytime I visit, to me, that shows a lot of dedication. Your activity as a town is also something I enjoy, more often than not when I log in I usually see the Oceanus tag in some form or another.

Oceanus is also a part of the Sancti Empire as a sattelite, but even so, I feel Oceanus has its own unique feeling to it. It's so welcoming to new players, which is probably why it has such outstanding growth! I personnaly feel that this makes Oceanus stand out in a way that other cities don't, even from Sancti.

Of course there are a few niggles that I have naturally, after taking a look through some of the homes I noticed 2 things; they were either decorated beautifully or were really quite empty. They were mostly pretty homely though and the more empty homes I noticed belonged to a few of your newer members. There is also that wood platform in that one part of the city, I understand you are trying to remove it, so I suggest you do so as quickly as possible as it stands out like a sore thumb.

Other than that though I really didn't have many more issues, your activity is quite nice, you have a consistently growing town population. Plenty of room for expansion as well, I also enjoyed the several community buildings around the city and the member shops as well.

So with that all wrapped up I'll be happy to hand over a +1
As for your merchants, I'll be happy to discuss them if and when this application is accepted and we can talk about it as soon as you have a location ready for them.
Goodluck!

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Oceanus is a great looking place. It has it's own unique theme, reasonably active/dedicated members, and a lot of new ideas. I don't really have any problems at all, so let's keep this short and sweet eh? ;)

+1

• Thank You
Reactions: Undefined User 7

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
This is an awesome city. I like the openness of it and there's some nice work put into it. The building's also up to snuff and there's a cool theme put to it. While I think there could be some more organization and cleaning up, and more uniform homes/areas, there's some nifty redstone things and creative things you don't see elsewhere. Nice work, I would be glad to see Oceanus as a city. You have my vote!

• Thank You

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Alright, here we go.

I'll start with the cities' structure (for I have a bit more to say about this). Reminds me of one giant, underwater motel - which serves its purpose well, for you do have a lot of members. I can see you've been expanding, and innovating new things (did I mention I absolutely love that museum?) for your land. Some rooms are rather empty sure, but I think you guys will fill them up with ease. You've got neat things, and I think players really enjoy exploring the place you've made. -that little underground river that you guys made is simply beautiful, love to see more stuff like that, its perfect-

You seem to have a healthy and active playerbase with many, many members. There's almost always a Oceanus member or two online - and there always up for fun and adventure.

Based on these reasons and many more I've probably forgot - I'll be giving a: +1

Good luck!

• Thank You

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Of course there are a few niggles that I have naturally, after taking a look through some of the homes I noticed 2 things; they were either decorated beautifully or were really quite empty. They were mostly pretty homely though and the more empty homes I noticed belonged to a few of your newer members. There is also that wood platform in that one part of the city, I understand you are trying to remove it, so I suggest you do so as quickly as possible as it stands out like a sore thumb.
Just as a answer to some of this, we tell all ours members to decorate there houses as they please and do as they want EXCEPT edit there walls and ceiling, so the platform will be removed soon. Anywho, thanks for all the pluses folks and a quick, more organized roster by Mr. Biblius ;3

Staff:
Da_Jinks - Co-Founder and Co-Leader.
theWeakGuy48 - Co-Leader.
DeSeppi - Co-Leader.
DKnucklehead - Trusted.
JustAGuitar - Trusted.
BiggestKirbyFan - Head of Building.
SeafoamTheDragon - Head of Building.
SocialTitan - Head of Resources.
pjbrough - Head of Resources.
Biblius - Honorary Co-Leader (DO NOT COUNT FOR APP SAKES, JUST THERE ;P)
Members:
digitalmez
H3NRYx
Aidangrant44
Alang24
alex1998
Andyg34 [Banned]
bl1997
IncredibleNaki
megan_blaze
morgan552
pjbrough