Suggestion [Not Added] Remove !Psay from everyone except admins

Urban

Reaction score
Remove the command !psay from everyone except admins, its promotes ghosting and shouldnt be a available command to anyone without power.

Image says enough i guess.

Greetz,

Urban

• Disagree
Reactions: Aqua

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
The "Suggestion" section doubles as a "Report" section, if you find someone ghosting, report them. It's also generally easy to spot out ghosters once they start doing it a lot. I think the command should be kept in for everyone. If an admin goes to someone in private asking them a question, how are they going to respond? There's a lot more issues that come with taking the command away than leaving it in.

Maybe restrict use of the command to Guests and make it so people who reach the first rank and above can use it, but even then, that's causing a few issues there.

Urban

Reaction score
if you find someone ghosting, report them. It's also generally easy to spot out ghosters once they start doing it a lot.
Ive learned from experience that reporting ghosters is impossible unless you got like 5 viable witnesses.
Spotting ghosters is pretty easy, but like i said, reporting is just not worth the hassle.

Maybe restrict use of the command to Guests and make it so people who reach the first rank and above can use it
Thats a pretty good one. +1

Reaction score
Meh, it would make the server a bit too serious to restrict players from stuff like that, also making it so that guests can't use it wont change it, even residents and up PM.

Love,

KJ

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I personally don't think we should remove this ability to message. As aika said it has a lot of uses such as privately speaking with an admin and if it's abused you can easily take a screenshot of it as you've done above and report it to an admin. And as KJ said I don't think restricting the use of it to a certain rank would be useful since no matter how long you've spent on the server there's a chance you could abuse it one day, and even guests should have a way of messaging people with problems etc. Yes, removing it could get rid of the potential of abusing it to ghost, but personally I think the positives of having this ability outweigh the potential negatives, which can be tackled via moderation.