NogTrog's VetOp Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
In-game username: NogTrog
Staff references (Controller+):@Biiblius @Danni122112 @emosquirrel
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): BB Operator, JtE Trusted-Op, and PTNT Trusted.
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: The Veteran Operator’s tasks include teaching newer staff commands, running and helping with events, and of course staffing the server. However a lot is also expected of them in how they handle themselves on the server. They must act friendly and approachable but also be serious when situations arise where it becomes necessary. They must have a diverse knowledge of commands and the rules. Most of all though I feel that the veteran operator has to be connected with the playerbase to understand what they want for the server.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I feel my experience helps me a lot. I’ve staffed a lot of servers and know the commands of many different plugins. I’ve learned how to build quite well if I do say so myself from my BB days and have also come to know a lot of people outside the smp playerbase from staffing on TNT. I feel this is one thing that stands out about me.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: Well I would hope by now not too many of these situations would arise as I know the ins and outs of the server well by now, but if one did arise I would contact a higher staff member or anyone who knew how to fix the problem if I couldn’t reach any I would then to the best of my ability try to solve the problem without making it worse.
How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I have a large knowledge of all the commands on DoD as well as commands used on JtE. I normally pick up commands pretty quickly as long as I’m using them a good bit.
What’s the best thing you have ever read?: That would be a three way tie with The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay… Yeah I like Suzanne Collins stuff if you couldn’t tell.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: I would like to say thanks to all my references!

Last edited:

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This is a no-brainer, but you deserve a proper response.

As many of you know, the Temples project was a gruelling one, and we were much farther behind than we had planned to be. However, whenever I needed someone to do the extra legwork, NogTrog was the one to do it. Need a portal remade to look awesome? NogTrog. Need a temple finished because someone wasn't able to? NogTrog. Hell, need a temple built from scratch? Need FIVE of those? NogTrog.

NogTrog has done an awesome job, and shown amazing dedication and conviction. Given his experience on JtE, his promotion is common sense.

Also, as a note for those complaining about my high-reference volume, I don't plan on stopping. I will reference anyone I believe is up to the task, because, if I am backing someone, I am completley backing them. I believe in everyone I reference, so I may be an optimist, but it is not something I plan to stop being.

• Thank You
Reactions: EggNog

JtTorso

Reaction score
Seeing as how I've been busy with the new server and all, I wasn't able to "watch you" and see if you were VetOp material when you had asked me, however my experiences staffing with Nogtrog has been nothing but good staff quality. As Biblius said he's done a lot of work with the Temples and I've had the pleasure of working with him on some projects involving the server, you've got the experience and you've been directly been involved with a lot of the events. These are some really great qualities that I believe should be a standard, you've presented these things long before you've shown a desire for the rank.

• Thank You

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
I know I'm not allowed vote on VetOp applications, but NogTrog becoming a VetOp would just be common sense. He is always working hard and is very involved in staffing.

• Thank You

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I was going to vote on this earlier, but I forgot and have been, ah, absent for the last days, apologises for that.

Well, Nog got all the qualities I want to see in a vetop, he is hard working, he is already working on his own events, and last but not least, as biblius said, he have been helping out so much with the temples. Your experience with staffing is both long and good.

There is no reason, as I can see, for you not to get VetOp, and surely alot of reasons for you to get it!

• Thank You

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've been hesistant to leave a vote here since I've been away lately, however after giving it some good thought I have to agree with what has already been said. NogTrog already has previous experience from staffing JtE, he has put a large amount of time and effort into building the dungeons and has also ran the successful easter event as well. I feel he is ready to take on the rank of vetop and I wish you the best of luck Nog.

• Thank You

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Greetings @NogTrog. After reviewing this application, we noticed you spelt "Biblius" as "Biiblius" which makes us think you don't pay attention to detail and this is why we are going to deny your application.

But then we thought about how dedicated/hard working you are and your contributions to this server. We're really impressed with the work we've seen so far and we hope this rank will help you help the server more! So congratulations! Your application has passed.

No matter how overused that joke is, I will still always do it. I hope you realized it was a joke - hah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.