Accepted (no map name yet) [Capture the Flag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score

Map Name: Not decided yet. Would appreciate some ideas.
Map Author: Unusual_dude
Gamemode: Capture the Flag
Map Worldborder:
mapcenter: x 402, z 104
mapradius: 63

Download: You can find it at /warp AoD.
Game Time: Day, locked

[Optional] Minimum amount of players: 4 players
[Optional] Maximum amount of players: Maybe 12 players?
[Optional] Jump pads: One jump pad in 402, 64, 104 (the middle). Will launch you 9 blocks up in the air.

Colours of the Teams: Red and Blue.
Preparation time: 15 seconds.
Round Time: 6 minutes
Red spawns:

Spawn 1:

Spawn 2:

Blue spawns:

Spawn 1:

Spawn 2:

Flag Locations:
Blue flag: 402, 68, 64
Red flag: 402, 68, 144

[Optional] Fall damage: No
[Optional] Can drown: Do what's the easiest.
[Optional] Kits: Regular CtF kits (laser gun + two hit shovel)

G

Guest35486

Hi Unu, thanks for the map submission!

The map looks nice and uses clay/terracotta as usual. However, I would like to bring up some concerns that the other staff members shared.

My main concern is that the map is very open. It may be too difficult for flag carriers to reach their own side. Parts of it are also pretty chaotic. It may be beneficial to define some of the paths. (especially on the sides)

Other than that, the spawn points are not protected. While shooting at spawn and shooting from spawn fall under spawn rules and can be punishable, it's a good idea to give players some protection, especially for situations when staff are not online.

As a CTF map, making the map color coded will help players navigate the map. Right now, the only colors for each side are represented by the flags on top of spawn and the official flags. I suggest adding colors to the boats, structures, and rivers.

Lastly, the jump pad is 1x1 and may cause players to get stuck. Expanding them may be helpful.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
The map has now been added to the server after several internal discussions and changes. Please let me know if there's any issue with the map which you can't fix yourself.
-Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.