Nightswood Infiltration [Replacements]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Nightswood is a small village in the peaceful kingdom of Marendis. The population is under twenty and the people are happy. However, Nightswood is not an ordinary village. It sits on the bank of the greatest river in Marendis, where the main road of the kingdom crosses it, and in the village, there are hidden secrets of great power. The people living in Nightswood are not the same people that lived there ten or twenty years ago. They are specially chosen by the state to guard the bridge that connects two halves of Marendis... as well as the artifacts hidden below.

***​

Welcome to Nightswood Infiltration! This is the first game I'm hosting here and the first game I've hosted that is more than just the basic version of the game, so I actually have no clue if it's going to turn out great or fail horribly, but I'm hoping for and mostly expecting the former, so it's probably all good.

First off, the rules. These are Prizyms' Ten Commandments of Mafia, modified ever so slightly to suit my own preferences.

No editing or deleting posts.
No posting or rating posts if you're not alive in the game.
No screenshotting/copying & pasting role or action PMs.
No gaming the system (ciphers, bets, pre-game alliances).
No gamethrowing.
No discussing this game outside of the thread.
Do not use forum status (In a conversation, viewing thread etc) as a tool against somebody.
Living players may not discuss the game amongst themselves unless alerting them about new posts.
Do not use PM mechanics to prove a point.
Do not attempt to lie to the host(s).

Votes will be in bold and on a separate line from the rest of the text. This is so I can see the vote more easily, since if I don't see it or don't understand clearly that it is a vote, it won't count.

Proper format for voting:
vote [player name or no-lynch]
unvote

If you have any questions about the rules, or are unsure if something is allowed or not, you can ask me, and would prefer that you do that.

Next, the roles. Nightswood Infiltration is a semi-open setup game. That means that while most roles are known, there are a few hidden ones and there may be a surprise or two somewhere in the game. That is to make it easier to play, while still retaining a little bit of that thrill and those mindblowing moments that can sometimes happen in Mafia. All Town and Mafia roles are known.

Town roles:

Cop - can investigate one player per night to learn if they are Town-aligned or not.
Doctor - can protect one player per night from dying.
Honourable Vigilante - can kill one player per night. If he kills a Town player, he dies.
Tracker - can follow one player per night to see if that player performed any actions on anybody that night.
Armourer - has three bulletproof vests. Can give away one vest per night.
Conspiracy Theorist - can investigate one player per night for 'paranormal energies'.
5 - 6 Villagers - having no special powers of their own, the Villagers must rely on their wits and instincts to weed out the enemies. The exact number of Villagers depends on the amount of players that sign up for the game.

Mafia roles:

Forger - can forge one player's documents per night, making investigations performed on that player give out false results.
Brute - can kill through a bulletproof vest.
1 - 2 Underlings - no special powers, they serve to bolster up the mafia numbers. The exact number of Underlings depends on the amount of players thay sign up for the game.

That leaves the signups. Everyone is welcome, although I should probably mention that the game is not made with beginners in mind. Having said that, if you think you're up for it, then I don't care if you have or haven't played Mafia before.

Signups format:
/in (or whatever you use/want to use in that place)
Previous mafia experience (because I'm curious and am secretly gathering your data for the NSA):

Signups:
1. Ooglie101
2. raxo2222
3. 77thShad
4. Fiestaguy
5. CaffeinatedKitty
6. Nottykitten
7. Fragile
8. Fruit
9. Timdood3
10. Naoh
11. ShadeSlayer98
12. Samlen
13. Kallie_S
14. myusername22
15. JKangaroo
16. Vatumok
17. Jivvi
18. GmK

Last edited:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
/in

I played in one of the forum mafia that GmK hosted, have played quite some rounds of Town of Salem and have done a lot of variants of mafia and similar games like the resistance in real life.

Would like to play again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.