[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
im confused what do you mean
To state it more clearly, both you and I have the capability to roleblock people. Notty is supposedly immune to my roleblocking due to her role. If you roleblock Notty the same night as she uses her action, she will lose her action if I'm understanding things correctly. Giving a 1-shot roleblocker immunity to my ability specifically prevents the same thing from happening should I choose to roleblock Notty. If I was the only other role in play with roleblocking capabilities this would make sense. However, having another plain roleblocker in play basically reintroduces that risk back into play - doubly so since Notty has far less capability to predict whether or not you'll roleblock her than she does to predict whether or not I'll roleblock her (bc I can only penalize people in the race director chat).

Basically what Im saying is that Notty's immunity is a very weird immunity to have in play given that there's another roleblocker in play and my voteblocking ability is pretty weak all things considered.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
hey oog can you see a scumteam of inf/notty?
ya
mostly because i think inf is scum and based on nottys role i see the decent possibility of them being scum (not their behaviour tho)

as a link between the two, infs interrogation on my trust in notty from day 0 about the whole naive thing felt so like overplayed (idek how to describe it) so it could have been inf intentionally distancing himself from notty while doing it under the guise of furthering his scumread on me but thats it tbh

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
To state it more clearly, both you and I have the capability to roleblock people. Notty is supposedly immune to my roleblocking due to her role. If you roleblock Notty the same night as she uses her action, she will lose her action if I'm understanding things correctly. Giving a 1-shot roleblocker immunity to my ability specifically prevents the same thing from happening should I choose to roleblock Notty. If I was the only other role in play with roleblocking capabilities this would make sense. However, having another plain roleblocker in play basically reintroduces that risk back into play - doubly so since Notty has far less capability to predict whether or not you'll roleblock her than she does to predict whether or not I'll roleblock her (bc I can only penalize people in the race director chat).

Basically what Im saying is that Notty's immunity is a very weird immunity to have in play given that there's another roleblocker in play and my voteblocking ability is pretty weak all things considered.
I think usually if your 1-shot action is blocked it isn't used aka you can retry

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

I think usually if your 1-shot action is blocked it isn't used aka you can retry
ya this
also are you acting as though notty is town or scum in this scenario
my faith in notty being town relies on mafia having a penalty giving function (which is unlikely given nothing happened day 0 presumably) not the ability to avoid yours (it would work if you were 3p still but youre not!)

also regarding the whole okx thing i realise it is more likely to be him since he sent 21375 aka from the url and he was complaining about not being given the url so ya i guess the messenger probably is okx

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i said before but im pretty certain that the mafia are essentially all the inactives (skooma and okx and possible skele but their claim is reasonable) + maybe hk but back then i thought that they were the message sender when i think its duffie now but i dont think duffie is mafia but i dont see the point of hips role if the messenger is town but hips eagerness to claim makes me hes not mafia so whomst knows

but i didnt, inf is right
youre claiming i think everyone sees inf as scum
i obviously dont and think theres only a tiny amount of people who think this (so far limited to me + stranger)
i still dont get why you think its duffie

1) Except it does. I'm done retreading this.
2) Literally did, and he confirmed. NAGL
3) Deja vu when you pulled this on me, and w/last game context my take is def in your scum wheelhouse. You were much more focused on a Stranger lynch and this game you have swapped through multiple lynch targets. Don't see how this is off to you.
4) Not meat on that charge bucko.
5) Don't buy not going for Notty still in this context.
1) can i get backup from someone that mars is wrong here
2) wrong
3) what do you mean deja vu when I pulled this on you? and just because I did something as scum doesn't mean I don't also do it as town, personally I think I'm far more likely to push on vibes as town, though I do it as scum if I think I can get away with it too since then people will meta-town read me. why is what im doing this game relevant to this point though?
4) is for me
5) ok

I didn't word it like that, though; I worded it as that being what you wanted to happen or expected to happen.

Argument is relevant for as long as Inf wants to keep debating it.
you did word it like that because your counter argument was "but people arent bussing inf".

if you truly thought oog was just saying "i think people should see inf as scum", then your counter argument "but people arent bussing inf" makes no sense because you dont need people to bus me for oog to personally think people should see me as scum

and when i worded it as 'oog doesnt think everyone thinks im confirmed scum' like three times each time you disagreed with me

so to pretend that isnt what happened now is clear backpedalling

Making up the wincon seems to make the 3P claim more thought-out than it seems, and tbh I still don't understand the 3P claim angle; it was meant to make the role understandable as town, but now it's obscured it more in my eyes.

There's room for two town inn-makers although it is unlikely, and I find it odd yours comes anonymous while Skel is announced. Which brings me to: what do you think about Skel's claim in this context?

Boooo your turn please.
she claimed 3p since she thought people would believe it and be less likely to lynch her, compared to if she said it was town

Don't understand the confusion; my posting directly states should vs. everyone thinking Inf is scum from your POV. The quote is even included in the pulls you made.

Once again, relevant b/c Inf kept pushing the point and I continued to clarify. Idk how that falls upon me here.
it literally doesnt? i just ctr +f'd that whole string of quotes and the only time you say 'should' before this conversation with oog just now is when saying 'people should vote inf because hes openly scum'

(1) A neighborizer such as myself would be a very weird fit inside of a mafia faction due to my role having to make a choice on who to put in a night chat during the day, when mafia chat is normally locked, (2) in addition to the complexity of my role putting a huge target on my head once I claimed, which is definitely not ideal for mafia roles.
(1) same applies to skele
(2) thats why youd be anonymous; to let you fakeclaim
also i just find the rolename 'championship contender' suspicious for a town role but then again tim was literally called 'dive bomber' so idk!
why do you find that name suspicious

aaaaaaa is notty actually mafia
yes
No. Had my action been successful, the message regarding my investigation at daystart would have specifically stated that Notty had been penalized instead of saying "no further action taken". I cannot penalize people in a solely cosmetic way afaik.
so the penalize part is an actual entity in the game

can you ask ltin this just to be 10000% sure

since it could easily be that penalise is literally just the flavour way of saying 'you did x effect' but penalise itself isnt an actual action

Explained this previously, and given this post any argument I make will confirm-bias the team you're making.
dont remember this at all and saying 'oh if i explain it it'll just make you scumread me' is hardly a convincing excuse and completely dismissive!

quote yourself explaining it please
it doesnt have to be massively significant, and if notty truly is only a 1x roleblock then it makes sense to have a perk of being immune to a mafia ability so youre basically a vanilla but not really

+ if youre a mafia/3p immune to a townie ability which can be tested and proven (like it has been now) then that essentially gives you the power to roleblock every night or block a specific vote of someone every night and to out someone as scum ontop of observing a nightchat between 2 people of your choice everynight making you a big powerhouse in an already fairly good town setup (1 tracker, 1 cop, 2+ roleblockers)

so idk which is more realistic/likely since i can truly see it going any which way
what do you mean out someone as scum

i doubt ltin would have thought 'oh town will assume that anyone immune to stranger's ability is mafia'

Yes it makes sense to have someone immune to penalties! The oneshot roleblock is odd considering you already exist but at the same time we are a team.

Speaking of what about teams, we have two messengerish roles and two innish people are they teamed?
ltin has already said teams arent relevant

I'm happy lynching Skooma but isn't Okx the messenger
nice avoiding oogs question

+ why do you think okx is the messager

also im not sure if i can explain why i think its okx that delivered it since it's meta reasoning related to it being a filthy DAY ACTION
i thought you thought hip did ?
hipmeow do you know the message that youve intercepted before broadcasting it (e.g. did you know it was '21375' and/or sent to alisha) or do you find out with the rest of us when you publically broadcast it
he said he wasnt sure what to make of it and that he outed it in case someone could figure out what the code meant, so the first one

anyways i have three questions id like everyone to answer please

What do you think of Mars? What do you think of Notty? Can you see them being a team?

ill answer too - i think mars is scum faking reads, i think nottys scum who got maf to kill tim so that she could push boo to claim under the guise of it being a reaction test + hence why shes avoided mentioning mars at all this entire game cuz hes her teammate, and yes i think theyre a team!

HKCaper would especially appreciate your response to these questions!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i still dont get why you think its duffie
well i dont anymore but i did because it just felt like they knew hips message didnt come during the night from the way they were talking but maybe im just the stupid one
why do you find that name suspicious
im extrapolating from my role name + strangers what the town flavour theme is (me ft relying on flavour arguments) (i dont want to say it yet so mafia dont have an upper hand) but tims rolename kinda threw a spanner in the works but also like i interpret nottys rolename as 'ill do anything it takes to be #1!' which isnt very teamworky + im kinda imagining the 1x block be an item in mario kart
what do you mean out someone as scum

i doubt ltin would have thought 'oh town will assume that anyone immune to stranger's ability is mafia'
but what use would town being immune to strangers ability to have unless it was intentionally a red herring from ltin in which case kinda rude
What do you think of Mars? What do you think of Notty? Can you see them being a team?
mars: i 'trust' them because of the way youre arguing against them and i think youre mafia but outside of that idk tbh
notty: i trust their behaviour but i dont trust their role
team: sure i guess but it wouldnt be my first thought?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i know it beforehand
in that case i can maybe understand you being town (which i think because of your behaviour and readiness to claim earlier) AND the messenger being town so that you can essentially set up a 3 way messaging service between a message recipient (like a proven town who you can trust), the messenger themselves and you so you can have semi private discussions from the safety of scum ears

to confirm if you intercepted the message received person could ask you in thread to keep the identity of the messenger concealed, and maybe the messenger includes a coded response/responses from a list of given options or something to see your opinions on things

but this seems semi farfetched + idk what these private discussions would be other than the message recipient being able to claim to just you 2

hipmeow

Reaction score
no idea, no idea notty does weird things both as mafia or town, sure i guess i mean i can see anyone being a team

also im just saying i really havent really been following everything which has been happening at this point whats up with the notty vote and whatever. also i have no vibes to like tunnel on this game so if im not talking as much i guess thats why

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
no idea, no idea notty does weird things both as mafia or town, sure i guess i mean i can see anyone being a team

also im just saying i really havent really been following everything which has been happening at this point whats up with the notty vote and whatever. also i have no vibes to like tunnel on this game so if im not talking as much i guess thats why
idk if you read this part but stranger swapped their 3p claim to town
so they give out penalties to one of two people in their night chat and that penalty is either to block them from voting the other person/roleblocking the target
notty claims to be a 1-shot roleblocker (when me + stranger already exists as full on roleblockers) and to be immune to penalties meaning theyre immune to a town person's abilities
so this all makes little sense

and then people also think notty predicting tim to die was suspicious and the way they were framing boo at the start but honestly i see this as not mafia at all

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
he wouldnt know the identity of the messager anyway!
ya i know thats why its concealed!
as in
messenger -> recipient [message + can you ask hip if he got this otherwise ill send it again]
recipient in thread: hey hip did you get that message
hip in thread: no
*messenger sends message again until hip responds yes*
this way the messenger conceals their identity from both recipient and hip if they want (idk why since in my mind this would be a private 3 town message thing) but more importantly the town have 0 idea who the messenger is (as long as they dont pay attention to online statuses i guess which is illegal anyway!)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
and then people also think notty predicting tim to die was suspicious and the way they were framing boo at the start but honestly i see this as not mafia at all
i mean i could easily see notty do this as town like i said earlier, the thing about tim being dead isnt the reason for WHY im suspicious of notty, im just explaining what i think happened there in the context of notty being scum

moreso i find nottys lack of interaction/commenting on mars at all despite him being a big topic twice now + mars' reads on notty feeling like a read of a teammate to me, to indicate theyre a team, + nottys ignoring of your question earlier + her townread on stranger which i think makes no sense and is therefore faked are what make me sus of notty as an individual as well

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ya i know thats why its concealed!
as in
messenger -> recipient [message + can you ask hip if he got this otherwise ill send it again]
recipient in thread: hey hip did you get that message
hip in thread: no
*messenger sends message again until hip responds yes*
this way the messenger conceals their identity from both recipient and hip if they want (idk why since in my mind this would be a private 3 town message thing) but more importantly the town have 0 idea who the messenger is (as long as they dont pay attention to online statuses i guess which is illegal anyway!)
what did you mean by "to confirm if you intercepted the message received person could ask you in thread to keep the identity of the messenger concealed" then

cuz saying 'to x' at the end suggests that the first part is causing the second part aka the person msging in thread causes the identity of the messenger to be concealed

so either you just typod or im completely misunderstanding what you mean so i just want to make sure!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what question
from an outside perspective would you believe your role exists and why/why not!
Yes it makes sense to have someone immune to penalties! The oneshot roleblock is odd considering you already exist but at the same time we are a team.

Speaking of what about teams, we have two messengerish roles and two innish people are they teamed?
but the penalties supposedly come from a town role only (noone has said theyve received any other penalties over night) so how would it make sense to have someone immune!

and ya a lot about this game doesnt make sense (well factoring in my reads) which is why im confused especially

now im stuck at a point where i want to lynch skooma/okx since theyre inactive and i think theyre mafia but at the same point doing that wont give any info on any of the current conundrums surrounding the claimed roles (unless one of them is a mafia that gives out penalties i guess)

hrrrrrng when is deadline anyway or is one still not set
I'm happy lynching Skooma but isn't Okx the messenger

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
what did you mean by "to confirm if you intercepted the message received person could ask you in thread to keep the identity of the messenger concealed" then

cuz saying 'to x' at the end suggests that the first part is causing the second part aka the person msging in thread causes the identity of the messenger to be concealed

so either you just typod or im completely misunderstanding what you mean so i just want to make sure!
so the messenger doesnt have to ask hip in thread if they received the message so noone (specifically the rest of the people in the game) knows the identity of the messenger
o (amazing quote)
tbh its moreso nottys townread on stranger that makes me sus of them as an individual

calling it 'very town-like statement' felt so off + also doesnt even make sense
youre not wrong but youre mafia go away

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
moreso i find nottys lack of interaction/commenting on mars at all despite him being a big topic twice now + mars' reads on notty feeling like a read of a teammate to me, to indicate theyre a team, + nottys ignoring of your question earlier + her townread on stranger which i think makes no sense and is therefore faked are what make me sus of notty as an individual as well
If it helps I agree with you on the thing about the boo read but I couldn't be bothered to bring it up again after you guys rehashed it about 7 times
tbh its moreso nottys townread on stranger that makes me sus of them as an individual

calling it 'very town-like statement' felt so off + also doesnt even make sense
What is off about it? I would of literally be lynched if Stranger claimed it was cosmetic for her too so them telling the truth is a decently town-like thing to do which I appreciate

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If it helps I agree with you on the thing about the boo read but I couldn't be bothered to bring it up again after you guys rehashed it about 7 times
thank you MarsKid see your scumbuddy agrees with me

=

What is off about it? I would of literally be lynched if Stranger claimed it was cosmetic for her too so them telling the truth is a decently town-like thing to do which I appreciate
just the way that post was written felt 'off'

+ i disagree it should make you townread stranger, if stranger lied + we lynched you and you flipped town and telling the truth about it not being cosmetic, stranger would be sus next (just like boo is sus now for saying hers is purely cosmetic)

and i think youd have considered that ^ yourself and so i dont think your townread of stranger was genuine