[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
my reasons for thinking its fake:
- feelings
- the fact i was with tim that night too and tim was the tracker which means this was a weak watcher (i guess i can see it being a design choice of watcher having broadcasted results for the cost of full results or something) or faked
- tbh i think the car numbers should have been used here in reflection, since the race director was 'talking' (listening, i guess) to notty and alisha rather than looking at their cars when ltin's message about them being under investigation said car numbers [number] (3 letter name) rather than just (name)
- fullstop maybe?
- 'spent the pitstop' feels like a weird choice of words
- the fact it says 'reporting from the broadcast booth:' and then the 2 lines around the message
Sounds to me exactly how one would word a system message for watcher results though? I agree it could be broadcasted but it could very well just be public watcher results

• Useful
Reactions: Duffie

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Sounds to me exactly how one would word a system message for watcher results though? I agree it could be broadcasted but it could very well just be public watcher results
i mean if it was me id word it:
Cars number 31 (BOO) and 27 (TIM) spent the night together.
or something
also since when was the night called pitstop

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean this kinda sounds like some sort of wacky jailor and jailors tend to be town and anonymous
Not necessarily; could be a gator.

also i visited tim last night (not saying what my action is!!!) (also im saying this so i can get it out of the way now incase somehow there was a watcher on tim and they accuse me IM INNOCENT I SWEAR) and tim was the tracker, meaning that this role that exposed boo would have to also be a tracker-esque role rather than a watcher who was watching tim and then announced everyone who visited him (unless i was blocked)

so either this a weakened watcher or a setup imo
alternatively im defending the person who killed tim haHAA
alternatively i killed tim!!!!!!!!!
maybe i shouldnt be posting this WOOPS

also i can 100% see this being a setup by inf since tim gave me that dislike rating so thats motive to kill him and then he was gonna bring this up later
but then why setup boo unless this was a fake frame so people thought boo was being framed and so is innocent when theyre mafia??

idk
ITS INF
vote infected_alien8_
Is the dislike rating Inf's motive? Not really a meaty reasoning to sus here, esp. b/c Inf doesn't strike me as petty. That's moreso a play that'd be in your wheelhouse.

So, in other news I got put into a night chat with Good Skele last night. There was no independent entity or anything watching us in that chat. Also I pretty strongly townread Skele at this point.
Share a Skel tr with the class please.

my reasons for thinking its fake:
- feelings
- the fact i was with tim that night too and tim was the tracker which means this was a weak watcher (i guess i can see it being a design choice of watcher having broadcasted results for the cost of full results or something) or faked
- tbh i think the car numbers should have been used here in reflection, since the race director was 'talking' (listening, i guess) to notty and alisha rather than looking at their cars when ltin's message about them being under investigation said car numbers [number] (3 letter name) rather than just (name)
- fullstop maybe?
- 'spent the pitstop' feels like a weird choice of words
- the fact it says 'reporting from the broadcast booth:' and then the 2 lines around the message
The thing about it being fake means that either it was a lucky guess that Boo would visit Tim, or the faker already knew they'd visit.

BTW if I'm not on much I am vacation/limited access b/c wedding

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Is the dislike rating Inf's motive? Not really a meaty reasoning to sus here, esp. b/c Inf doesn't strike me as petty. That's moreso a play that'd be in your wheelhouse.
ya as in tim gave me the dislike rating so out of pettiness i would kill him (i mean spoilers thats why i visited him but i didnt kill him!) so inf could pin that as motive for me to kill him (since it would be accurate)
The thing about it being fake means that either it was a lucky guess that Boo would visit Tim, or the faker already knew they'd visit.
ya

• ❤
Reactions: Timdood3

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Gator = Interrogater. Same as Jailor but sides with maf.

In terms of roles, judging by Notty and Stranger, there are two roles that can make meetings happen potentially, w/one actively participating and the other making them happen. Like a party host or matchmaker shtick, which usually = town/3P. And then there's a potential third meeter/watcher that might fake actions/messages. Don't buy the latter, but the former are credible. Doubt there would be two meeting claims and one wouldn't be genuine.

Early game mass claims are fine only if they are full; holding back/crumbing/etc. makes it bad for info. I'm for it if everyone plays ball.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ya as in tim gave me the dislike rating so out of pettiness i would kill him (i mean spoilers thats why i visited him but i didnt kill him!) so inf could pin that as motive for me to kill him (since it would be accurate)
I guess that's up to you. I don't pay much attention to ratings unless there are rates w/o follow-up comments. Part of the reason why I opposed ratings since they can be reasoning cop-outs.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean if it was me id word it:
Cars number 31 (BOO) and 27 (TIM) spent the night together.
or something
also since when was the night called pitstop
Exactly - in fact Ltin kinda referred to the night phase as 'Safety Car' in his end of day post. I looked that up and a safety car is a car that goes out when there's potentially hazardous conditions on the racetrack. All the other cars are supposed to line up behind the safety car and follow it until the hazardous conditions are clear. So very much not a pit stop.

Share a Skel tr with the class please
He claimed a common role to me that I don't think is likely to be mafia or 3p aligned, and he's also confirmed that he's able to do the role action he claimed to be able to do.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
oog did you get the hint there
no?!
Exactly - in fact Ltin kinda referred to the night phase as 'Safety Car' in his end of day post. I looked that up and a safety car is a car that goes out when there's potentially hazardous conditions on the racetrack. All the other cars are supposed to line up behind the safety car and follow it until the hazardous conditions are clear. So very much not a pit stop.
interesting!

• Useful

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
He claimed a common role to me that I don't think is likely to be mafia or 3p aligned, and he's also confirmed that he's able to do the role action he claimed to be able to do.
Closed set-up, chief. Claiming common town prs is an easy scum out.

The gator example is basically to show town roles can also be refitted to different alignments.

Agree w/Notty, want Boo to join in here, alongside Skoomaeater and Okx . New day buckos, strap on your solving caps.

Reactions: Boooo

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I didn't visit anyone lmao
I've been neglecting the game again
Well that's problematic. Would you be willing to claim to redeem yourself?

Closed set-up, chief. Claiming common town prs is an easy scum out.

The gator example is basically to show town roles can also be refitted to different alignments.
I did consider that possibility and attempted to bait Skele into outing if they weren't town aligned. He didn't take the bait, which is also why I'm townreading him.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I did consider that possibility and attempted to bait Skele into outing if they weren't town aligned. He didn't take the bait, which is also why I'm townreading him.
Possible, but also likely they could have recognized a bait and sidestepped. No good reason to give a solid pass here imo.

Boooo

Reaction score
I'd rather hear Boo's defense first
If you're looking for why I haven't been active I honestly have nothing for you, I just didn't feel like playing

As far as not putting in a night action, I didn't check the forum and came on today because I thought it might still be night time

Message in the day post. States that you visited Tim during the night.
I definitely didn't visit anyone last night, which surely can't be that hard to believe as I haven't even been active

Perhaps its possible theres a framing role or something? Because i never even checked the forum until today

are you the reason night took 1000 years
Probably lmao

Well that's problematic. Would you be willing to claim to redeem yourself?

No i am not going to claim until I have to, and furthermore shame on your for fishing for one- I hate when people do that

You're town reading him because he didn't take a bait? This doesn't make much sense to me scum can recognize bait too and are more willing to do so because they're always looking for it

• Sad