Survival New Year, New SMP

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Hello!​

We know you’ve all been waiting for some news on SMP and we really can’t blame you. I can assure you that work is being done on the server every day, progress is moving along quite quickly at this point! We have so many great builders that spend a lot of time on the server and are quite frankly doing amazing work. We’re also not short on developers and a lot of our plugins are going to be custom developed to fit the needs of the server and player base. Our team is starting to function as a single unit now and you can see that morale is on the rise.

• So why is it taking so long?
The scope of the server is massive, much larger than any other SMP we’ve ever had before. Where in previous SMPs we had barely fleshed out ideas we are making sure that those ideas are fully fleshed out and perfected and that there is no lack of content. The server is the amalgamation of all our previous SMPs along with a ton of new ideas and content. It is our last chance and we absolutely can’t afford to waste it. We are not going to be setting a release date just yet but we can however deliver a feature overview and progress update.

• Why I think this server will be the best SMP we are able to make
I have read through every single thread on the forums about SMP to identify what worked and what did not with every previous SMP. I have also played on every SMP since Legends of Primordia and have personally experienced what worked and what didn’t on these servers. We have been sure to avoid all of this and have made sure there was few flaws as possible in the fundamental ideas of the server. We are also ensuring to test everything before release to prevent any bugs.

• When is SMP being released?
There will be no release date before we are 100% sure the server will be ready at that date. We do not want to cut any features or release anything untested just to meet a set release date.
The server will still take several months in development, but more progress is being made than ever before.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Develop it carefully, and try to trigger every bug and fix them, so server gets released on vacation :p
No school means you could attract more people.

As for emeralds can we put them to bank for safekeeping?
Carrying them all time would be bit risky :p

How PvP will be done?
That is will be there PvE zones for example in quest settlements/shops?
What are raiding (both for raider and defender) rules?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Duffie

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Develop it carefully, and try to trigger every bug and fix them, so server gets released on vacation :p
No school means you could attract more people.
Yeah, with 3 developers currently on the team, we are have better ways to add features, and don't have to rely as much on buggy or slowly updated plugins. A vacation release would be nice indeed.
As for emeralds can we put them to bank for safekeeping?
Carrying them all time would be bit risky :p
There will be something to solve this to some extent.
How PvP will be done?
That is will be there PvE zones for example in quest settlements/shops?
What are raiding (both for raider and defender) rules?
These questions will be stated in their own posts closer to release, explaining everything about it to the best of my ability, and also the reasoning behind it.

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Yeah, with 3 developers currently on the team, we are have better ways to add features, and don't have to rely as much on buggy or slowly updated plugins. A vacation release would be nice indeed.
So you, Jolterino cheatyface and FreakyCupcake ?
There is four of you in SMP staff team so four developers in total ;^)
Nice to see you, Freaky and Jolteon in same time zone, idk about Cheaty timezone, that makes teamwork easier.

Short story of SMPs:
SMP 3: Your standard SMP (this Beta Minecraft SMP actually had that name - plain "SMP 3")
Primordia Legends : Lets make ultimate RPG server
Vanilla SMP: Something went wrong in LoP
Elysium: Vanilla SMP was too hectic
Discordia: Elysium was too peaceful
Kami: Lets make five clans far away from each other
Primordia Legacies: Make Primordia Great Again
SMP 10: Tenth time is charm

What about elytras?
You can fly like beetle when you have fireworks - 1 paper + 3 gumpowder makes 3 fireworks, that lasts for 3 seconds and fizzles out after 3 secs.

1.14 will be released before vacation - meaning that you can update oceans before release, as 1.14 will update them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Five people are in SMP team - Danni, Jolteon, Cheaty, Freaky and Okx
I guess Danni oversees them all and does everything, Jolt, Cheaty and Okx are developing, and Freaky is bugtesting SMP.

What is your stance on elytra?
Will be it treated as yet another mode of transportion on beginning (for example easily obtainable in shops), or it will be The End reward, when everyone gets double chest of unexplosive fireworks so they can fly not just glide?

Is enchanting and brewing going to be limited by class?

I will be lone adventurer. Also I will be as neutral as Switzerland :p
Just exploring and doing quests.

Last edited:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Five people are in SMP team - Danni, Jolteon, Cheaty, Freaky and Okx
I guess Danni oversees them all and does everything, Jolt, Cheaty and Okx are developing, and Freaky is bugtesting SMP.
An update on the staff team will be released soonish

What is your stance on elytra?
Will be it treated as yet another mode of transportion on beginning (for example easily obtainable in shops), or it will be The End reward, when everyone gets double chest of unexplosive fireworks so they can fly not just glide?

Is enchanting and brewing going to be limited by class?

I will be lone adventurer. Also I will be as neutral as Switzerland :p
Just exploring and doing quests.
Questions like these will be answered in later posts.

Kurizmaah

Reaction score
Is this just a tweeked version of the old classes and stuff becuase if its the same skills and shit its not going to be gooda

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this just a tweeked version of the old classes and stuff becuase if its the same skills and shit its not going to be gooda
Disclaimer: I am actually not very involved in the class side of things, Jolt is doing them.

However, as far as I am know, each class is "hand made" by jolt.

The classes are different, if not always in name (there are only so many good names for an archer class), they are different in actual abilities.

While I am sure some inspiration has been taken from the different Heroes classes, we are using a completely different plugin to this, SkillAPI.