Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nah, I don't want it

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hi, its ChocoParrot,

Recently, I've made a new train station replacing passengerpigeon's pigeon rail into the new CRS monorail. As this rail is intended so that people can travel more easily to certain areas such as the Mushroom Biome without having to /sethome there or remember the coordinates. The CRS is almost lag-free and has 9 selectable destinations as it uses no untoggleable clocks. Currently, there are only 3 done stations.

Thus, I've been planning on adding a new monorail to flatland but I'm not sure wether to do it and I want your opinion on wether I should build it or not. The rail at flatland will be slightly different from the CRS in terrain as it is a lined system. Which means, to get to a destination, instead of selecting it, you can ride the cart at spawn station and wait until you reach the place. This will reduce bulkiness as the space in flatland is already very limited, and I'm planning that this rail will help encourage people to build further away from spawn instead of using warps.

However, there is a drawback. Stations will be fairly huge and bulky. As the first line I'm intending to do is the Green line, there will be 10-15 stations scattered about 2mins ride from each other station. Station coded G1-G15. Also, a lot of redstone is involved in this process. I will try my best to simplify the station as much as possible and I have already plotted a safe and almost lag-free prototype. So here's to sum it up:

+ Points
  • People can travel easily around the flatland
  • Builds can be less squashed together
  • People can build more privately in a bigger space
  • Monorail tracks are not at all bulky
  • All stations have the same structure, making everything look formal

• Stations are bulky
  • Stations take time to build
  • Monorail tracks may skip over low buildings such as villages, but not player made structures when made.

I hope after reading the article, you would give me a response if I should make it. Of course, I will come down to asking an Operator wether to make it or not. But I want the players to give me opinions and advice too.

Thanks,
ChocoParrot

PS. After reading the thread please leave a comment below to tell me wether you're :) or :furious: or even :banghead:. If you don't feel like commenting vote below! :)

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I'd have to say that the terrain railway system is quite impressive in the way the redstone works, especially how the carts don't mess up the system if there's an overflow. I think it'd be interesting to see what you do with a railway system in flatland as well since there isn't much space to build underground and such. You'd probably have to build in the air and create bridges or just on the ground in some parts.

Just so you know, Flatland and Terrain are open to anyone that wants to build, so you shouldn't have to ask. But, just be mindful of other player's builds when you do start a railway system. I would suggest that you build at least 25+ to 50+ blocks away from another build that's in progress so that the other player will have room to build if they needed it. Also, there may be builds along the edges of flatland that other players have started working on -- and they might not want other people to have access to it because it may get griefed. Basically respect other builds.

Overall, I think your railway system could be a good way to give players a sense of direction if they get lost.

• Agree
Reactions: BetaPanda
Reaction score
Yeah this sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm :) at the moment.

Edit: If your building a huge railway line in flatland you might want World Edit.

Last edited:

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
4 Stations done :) Construction of stations will now be at maximum efficiency. Do reply to me how do you feel about it so far

Zeus42000

Reaction score
There is one problem, and that is that the speed of mine carts will increase in 1.8 to speeds faster then flying. You might want to make extra brake tracks or else you might zoom away from the station. Overall, this idea is good. Maybe call it the BlocktopiaMover? (PeopleMover reference, yeah buddy)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There is one problem, and that is that the speed of mine carts will increase in 1.8 to speeds faster then flying. You might want to make extra brake tracks or else you might zoom away from the station. Overall, this idea is good. Maybe call it the BlocktopiaMover? (PeopleMover reference, yeah buddy)
didnt they revert those new physics?