Suggestion New rule suggestion

Mars

Reaction score
So uh, there actually isn't a rule about traitor room camping currently which can lead to prolonged rounds when the traitor sits forever in the room on i.e. 67thway and spams the trap (The only relevant rule is the no camping rule in Overtime but since it takes 5 minutes for that to kick in the traitor has ample of time to sit in the traitor room).

Rule I used on a different community was that a total amount of time allowed in the traitor room was 45 seconds and rulebreakers would be punished at the staffs discretion.

Also if this is implemented should it apply to detective rooms aswell?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How about instead of having a certain time frame we just have a rule that says no T/D room camping for extended periods of time, and explaining that an admin will warn them to exit if they feel they've been in there too long and are delaying the round, and if they don't exit they may be forced to leave? Maybe that will work better because if we have a set time, say 45 seconds, sometimes it might seem a bit harsh to get punished for staying in the T room for that long depending on the circumstance, e.g. someone is using a radio to trap people in the pool trap but needs more than 45 seconds for it to work effectively. Or someone might want to camp the T room and work the traps while their T buddies kill outside of it, and since that isn't delaying that's fine I guess. So we just teleport them out if it is becoming an issue. What do you think?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Added this rule:

No delaying the round by camping in Traitor or Detective rooms for extended periods of time. If you are considered to be camping in a Traitor/Detective room for too long, an admin will ask you to exit it, and if you don't, you may be forced to by a teleport.

Thank you for the suggestion!