New Game on BLocktopia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Seems like something that would get old pretty quickly :/ Plus, someone would have to code it, unless there is already a plug-in. Then, the game wouldn't be very fair because of lag and such. And we wouldn't have the resources to staff it and such, since we can't staff a CTF server either.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Seems like something that would get old pretty quickly :/ Plus, someone would have to code it, unless there is already a plug-in. Then, the game wouldn't be very fair because of lag and such. And we wouldn't have the resources to staff it and such, since we can't staff a CTF server either.
There is plenty of plug ins, defiant, but having tihs would just clog up the server, would get boring quickly, and quite f rankly, is silly.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
i think this is a possibley good idea but why not just use a gun mod instead? would add more depth and possibilities.
also would it not be possible to ask the current ops+ (or vetops+) if any of them would like to temporarily staff this new server until new ops for that server could be found.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
Well, I don't think anybody would really go on to play it. Even if it was a seperate server. (It's not going to be) I mean, who here remembers CTF in CMP? Remember how many people played it? Like, 4 at maximum.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Hmmm, this seems like a good idea...so, what would the rules of the game be? How would we keep players interested? What would count as cheating? What would be the rewards for hitting a lot of people? Not to mention that we're already strained in regards to head staff members, but of course that's not something you'd be able to come up with a plan for. Oh, who am I kidding, this is a terrible idea.

I'm having a hard time believe you spent more than five minutes planning this out. If you want to suggest a server idea that you've put a lot of visible effort into, then by all means, come back and try again. But if your only idea for a new server is having people throw snowballs at each other, you might as well not bother.

I'm just sad that the first (of, I suspect, many) server suggestions on the new forums was a perfect example of how not to pitch an idea.

miniman6

Reaction score
Maybe it could be inside SMP. As in: there could be some sort of gym where you can play with friends to gain money. Or it could be a server event?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it could be inside SMP. As in: there could be some sort of gym where you can play with friends to gain money. Or it could be a server event?
Hmmm, this seems like a good idea...so, what would the rules of the game be? How would we keep players interested? What would count as cheating? What would be the rewards for hitting a lot of people? Not to mention that we're already strained in regards to head staff members, but of course that's not something you'd be able to come up with a plan for. Oh, who am I kidding, this is a terrible idea.

I'm having a hard time believe you spent more than five minutes planning this out. If you want to suggest a server idea that you've put a lot of visible effort into, then by all means, come back and try again. But if your only idea for a new server is having people throw snowballs at each other, you might as well not bother.

I'm just sad that the first (of, I suspect, many) server suggestions on the new forums was a perfect example of how not to pitch an idea.
Nice necropost you got there...

miniman6

Reaction score
That's a lotta quotes. Why don't you "summarize" your statement, so we actually know what you're trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.