Accepted New Forum Updates?

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey. We recently got a nice update to the forum background, which is refreshing, but wouldn't it be nice if there were a few more aesthetic updates around the forum itself? I have a few ideas in mind, but if you feel like these aren't good or you have something better, then feel free to reply!

Change Locations of Forum Logo and Search Bar
I think that it would be nice to have the forum logo centered at the top of the page and move the Search Bar below the Member name. It would probably look better with an updated forum logo though. The reason why the Search Bar is moved is to keep the banner area less cluttered.
Example:

Update Community Logo
The current logo is nice, but could be refreshed. Same fonts? New arrow? I never understood why the Community's website was under the logo when we're already in the website itself, but I think that it could be replaced with a nice slogan related to the Community. Slogan Community vote?

Archive Unused Subforums
The Gaming Section has four subforums which haven't been used in over five months - Guilds, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, and Hearthstone. I'm sure people would be opposed to removing them, but right now they seem useless and could be replaced with current games that members are playing. New Subforum Games vote?

Discord Integration
The Discord server is used quite frequently by Community members and I think that it would be nice to see something related to it in the Forum Sidebar instead of within the Chat section. Would it be possible to remove the Chat Section if a Discord sidebar was added? The TS and Discord info are already added under the Community Info sidebar.
Some Resources from Xenforo:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ah-discord-widget.5550/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wr-discord-integration.5399/

New Forum Style Options
I was looking at Brivium resources and remembered that this forum uses one of them. I saw a couple that look interesting. Maybe they could be added to the Style Chooser at the bottom so members can use a different style instead of default.
https://brivium.com/resources/silver.307/
https://brivium.com/demo/chlorine/

If you guys have any objections and prefer the old forum style, then y'all need help. That's all I have for now.

What do you guys think?

Scrable

Reaction score
Never noticed the slogan being the site-address again... So definitely a slogan would be appropriate.
Generally... Seems like this is the right kind of love the forums need... And more activity, but when was activity not a problem...(...)
So yeah, go with it

• Agree
Reactions: Rune

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like all of the ideas except for the forum styles you listed - personally I think the one we currently have is better so apparently I need help. But if those are just going to be optional then I don't see why not.

EDIT: Oh and I don't really see a point in a new logo design, such as different arrow, or re-positioning it to be in the centre, because personally I don't think the logo looks as good in the centre and I don't think changing the arrow would do much refreshing

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
EDIT: Oh and I don't really see a point in a new logo design, such as different arrow, or re-positioning it to be in the centre, because personally I don't think the logo looks as good in the centre and I don't think changing the arrow would do much refreshing

Just messing around with what I imagine the updated logo and position would look like.

Reactions: Rune and Vatumok
G

Guest35486

Hi Psycho, thanks for the suggestions.

A Discord widget is visible on our home page, as well as the chat page. I'll look into further uses for the chat section, since it's not really used at the moment. We don't really have the finances to purchase Discord integration, as it costs $30 and donations have been running low lately.

Subforums will be looked into. However, do note that most of the activity for the community occur on Discord now. If requested, there will be dedicated channels for the game. (For example, Destiny) If not, most people utilize the all-games channel.

New forum styles/updates/logo are not high on our priority list since right now we're focusing on voting/donor rewards, as well as trying to push out three different servers and an update for Create. This will be revisited.