Should a new city be made here?

• Nay!!! We only need one city

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!!! Build it somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, so it's no secret that our current city looks bad, and when I say it looks bad, I'm being generous. We need a new city. Many builders have left Aeres and are threatening to leave, and who can blame them?

For all these reasons, I think we need a new and organised city. I have literally spent like half an hour walking through aeres territory until I found this spot and I think it is a very nice spot to set up a city if not the capital.
I have screenshots and a plan or what it could be like. If we are to build this city, it has to be well kept and very well co-ordinated, most materials gathered first, then building. I feel that when this city is built, it will look awesome.

I think for the little peninsula, we should have all the primary buildings like shops and buildings for people to get inventive (cafes, library, whatever you want). The entrance to the main house should be in the base of the mountain with a code lock to get in. Then when inside, you go up stairs into the house. Through the first lock there will be another lock leading to the vault. Double security!!! There could be a short way to get into the main house aswell. I think the main house should contain all the services like a nether portal, potion brewing, enchanting, etc. It should look like a fortress.

For the overview of the whole town i have gone with another grid formation thing. However, unlike the first town, the streets will be wider and you will be more free to build as big as you want. The bay is pretty big you we can expand outwards. Houses on stilts could look cool but we could also terraform other bits of land. This is my idea for the layout:

obviouslt the houses could be swapped with the farms and etc and the walls would extend around. Also there would be a lot more houses. I just think that if we are to be taken seriously as one of the best clans, we need a very good city.

It is situated at around 1940, 890.
I haven't started any building yet as I haven't checked with other members which is why I am making this thread.

Iggish

Reaction score
From further inspection, the aeres land claim runs out 2/3 down the peninsula. I guess we could terraform it to make the non-aeres bit into lake but I don't think that it would work. Also, we could build the base on the other side of the mountain and then we have the lake on the left and this means we are definitely in aeres territory.
Since posting this, Jolt and I have been searching through aeres land again for good city sights. We found a good flat topped mountain but the claim ran out there aswell. If anyone has any good spots, please let us know.

Iggish

Reaction score
I was saying about building the base on the other side instead. This is what it looks like:

I think the plan could be the exact same, with a castle on the mountain, entrance at base, a main road and houses expanding out. On this side, we have even more space to expand and build all the stuff we want!

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I love the terrain surrounding this area!

(lovely MS paint skillz)

But my only problem is that we need to have a certain theme, perhaps not 'strictly' going by it but trying to keep the whole city looking the same. The problem with our old town was that we let ourselves be too random, just use what you want to sort of thing. In order to have a good looking build is to have a theme, without a theme, we get confused and will drift off. We also need a theme that everyone can build, so no elven dwarf town and no science fiction. Our theme also needs to have materials that are easy to gather, wood and cobblestone for example. Quartz isn't so bad to get but the nether is dangerous. We also need to have more coordination with the town, we need to speak to each other and not just raid whenever we feel like it too.

However, a move would be a good idea. We certainly need a fresh start.

Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
I love the terrain surrounding this area!

(lovely MS paint skillz)

But my only problem is that we need to have a certain theme, perhaps not 'strictly' going by it but trying to keep the whole city looking the same. The problem with our old town was that we let ourselves be too random, just use what you want to sort of thing. In order to have a good looking build is to have a theme, without a theme, we get confused and will drift off. We also need a theme that everyone can build, so no elven dwarf town and no science fiction. Our theme also needs to have materials that are easy to gather, wood and cobblestone for example. Quartz isn't so bad to get but the nether is dangerous. We also need to have more coordination with the town, we need to speak to each other and not just raid whenever we feel like it too.

However, a move would be a good idea. We certainly need a fresh start.
Planning and road laying down has already begun. No buildings have been constructed yet though. Not a whole lot has been done.

• Thank You
Reactions: sessybessy