Accepted NeptuneShuffle/tommyd11 Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy

Reaction score
Username: NeptuneShuffle (tommyd11 was my previous username)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)

How many hours can you contribute per week?: I can generally be on daily for a few hours depending on a few factors and usually even more hours on weekends. For a rough estimate I would say around 10-20 hours with a guarantee of at the very least 8 hours.

Previous Staffing Experience: [Trusted] on Blocktopia Zombie Survival from October 30, 2012 to a few weeks later I forget the exact time (demoted due to inactivity).

Why do you want to be staff?: I really enjoy my time on the server and I would love to be able to pass that enjoyment on to other players new and old. I also adore helping out on the server in anyway I can to maintain the fair, fun, and friendly environment. I also greatly enjoyed my previous staffing experiences in this community and would love to be given the same opportunity I was given years ago.

What qualities do you believe you would bring to the staff team?: Well to begin I am a active member on the server I also try my best to keep the server in a good state. I believe that I have a strong understanding of the rules and what is expected of staff and players and I can put this knowledge to good use. Additionally if I am ever at a point where I am having some sort of trouble or encounter a problem I can not handle (which is unlikely) I am not afraid to ask for help if it is the right thing to do. I know that I can be a fair and unbiased staff member whose main goal is continuing the established positive environment. Due to my time zone I can extend the servers hours of activity well beyond what other staff members would like to do. I am almost always available whenever I am at home even if I am not on the server you can reach me through Discord, Skype, IRC, Forums, Steam, and anything else you may know me on.

Additional Notes: Although to some I may seem like a "newcomer" (which is understandable) I'd like to remind everyone that I have hundreds of hours of play time on the old Blocktopia Zombie Survival. I have a strong connection to the community again and I relish my time spent on the server and interacting with others and it would be a dream to have the ability to improve everyone's experience on the server and give them a similar feeling to what I have. Thank you dearly for taking the time to read this.

Reference from: Vatumok (Thank you soooooo much <3)

Sincerely,

Tommy

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Hello tommy, thanks for applying.

It was quite clear that you had the intention to apply from the moment you joined the server. This is not a bad thing and you've shown a lot of dedication as a result, it's just important that keep that dedication up if you become staff. You are extremely friendly and active on the server which are 2 of the 3 things I consider most important in a staff member right now. I think you deserve a shot to show us if you that you can handle tough situations on the server, that you can solve conflict using a little force as possible, which is the 3rd thing.
I would be lying if I said there wasn't a bit of doubt but I think you probably would do great as a staff member. Therefore:
+1, suggesting trial.

Reactions: Fragile

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi Tommy,

First I wanted to thank you for submitting your application.

Secondly, I've read your application and I saw you said you were demoted a few weeks after getting staff on CZS due to inactivity, can you assure us this won't happen again if you are accepted?

Then I also read that you said that due to your time zone you can extend the servers hours of activity well beyond what other staff members would like to do

What exactly do you mean by that?

Reactions: Fragile

tommy

Reaction score
Secondly, I've read your application and I saw you said you were demoted a few weeks after getting staff on CZS due to inactivity, can you assure us this won't happen again if you are accepted?

Then I also read that you said that due to your time zone you can extend the servers hours of activity well beyond what other staff members would like to do
Mastersten,

Well obviously there is no way I could comfirm 100% that I will not become inactive at some point. I am at a point in my life where some things need to take president over being on the server (I hope everyone can understand this). With that being said I doubt that in the near future there will no longer be enough time for me to be active on the server and unless there is a real life reason for me to become inactive I doubt that I will anytime soon. Like I said in the application I want to get into the community and get more involved.

Second about the time zone situation I mentioned this because usually during my night time there is rarely any staff on and if there is they tend to leave soon for sleep. So, if and when there are people on late, I will be available to moderate the server while other staff members are asleep.

Sorry for any formatting errors, posting from my phone.

Edit: Unfortunately posting from my phone messed up formatting :/ will fix when I get home.

Last edited:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
So, after watching you play for a while I decided to give you a 0, you just don't stand out in chat when people ask for help or when new players join you don't welcome them.

Some see this as a small thing but I see this as an important aspect of being a staff member since people must always come to you for advice without getting the feeling they aren't heard.

Further, you're much on and are passionate about the server so that's a good thing!

tommy

Reaction score
So, after watching you play for a while I decided to give you a 0, you just don't stand out in chat when people ask for help or when new players join you don't welcome them.

Some see this as a small thing but I see this as an important aspect of being a staff member since people must always come to you for advice without getting the feeling they aren't heard.
Hello Mastersten,

So your reasoning is fair and I honestly do agree with it to be honest, not having the best day today and I just wanted to unwind and play for a bit. I also felt somewhat irritable for a bit so I didn't want to talk to much and end up seeming too angry. I am not trying to change your opinion or anything it is fair from my behavior today I was not "above average" but I just want to let you know that there is a reason why I wasn't talking too much. Thankfully I tend to get over thinks relatively quick (at least in my mind) so I feel better now, but I hope you don't just take my earlier behavior to make a full opinion of me.

Thanks,

Tommy

Last edited:

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
After watching you play for a bit, (without actually realizing it was you) I've decided that you're mature enough for the position. I'm a little worried about your ontime, and as Mastersten said you could help out a bit more, but I think that you're at least ready for a trial. [BCOLOR=#99cc00]+1[/BCOLOR]

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten, I wanted to some more time to monitor you on the server.
I have noticed that your on time has decreases slightly since you posted your application, however this could be due to timezones as I know you are EST.
Although as other people have mentioned you don't particularly stand out, I think it would be good to have a staff member who is able to staff at later times, as currently we don't have any staff members who aren't on leave in your timezone.
Overall, I have decided to give you a trial.
Be good and don't break anything!
-Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.