My resignation

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I planned to make a longer and better thread, but as the time came, I have just been too busy to make one (which is also one of the reasons I’m resigning).

I just don’t have the time anymore. Whenever I put in 8+ hours a day of staffing, or even just playing, it’s it’s at the expensive of the rest of my life. I usually have a great time, especially working on the SMP with the lovely people there. When I then have a few days, where I’m away for whatever reason, it’s a drag to get back to work, try and work in what I’m now behind on, and I really just don’t want to do that any more.

Another reason, which do relate to the first reason, is that it’s extremely hard to make something successful in this community nowadays. You can do fun events every now and then, but they usually take quite a bit of work to set up, and only last a short while. Every time one of these events fail, or people get mad for whatever ungodly reason about something on there event, and it developes into an argument, I just don’t want to spend hours upon hours working on events, it doesn’t feel worth it, and I don’t get any happiness from it.

I am very sad that I won’t be a part of the staff team releasing SMP. I have spent countless hours, planning my and working on it, and so has the others working on it, you know who you are, you are all wonderful. Thanks for helping me with making my vision of the best SMP come true, and sorry I’m letting you down by leaving as a staff member.

SMP should be moving along just fine as far as I can tell. uhtr5r has been promoted to Director of the server, he will do good.

although I have seen this coming for a while, some things came up in life, and with some recent events in the community, I no longer got ability, or interest to be a director.

I am thus resigning from all staff responsibilities in the community with immediate effect.

Contact Uhtr5r for SMP stuff. Contact Comp for vanilla SMP stuff.

(I will stay around for some time finishing up one project, but that’s the only thing.)

This is not a leaving thread, I will be around still, however probably less active than before.