Donor
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Mountain Railway
  • Intended Gamemode: Surival
  • Creator(s): Llamaman5000-Suigin
  • Size: 64x64
  • Biome: Taiga
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) :
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Coal, sticks, pumpkins, stone sword
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Anvils and Gold blocks
  • Any extra information about your map?: Choo choo
  • Download link (optional): On the create realm

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
When I looked at this map on the thread, judging by the screenshots, it looked terrible and like just another uncreative grassmap with some structures put on it too hide a half-assed attempt at a map-- but after having a thorough look in-game I think it's a fantastic map and would make a great addition to the map pool. It feels like a map Shande would've made back in the days-- only smaller and more specific.

I didn't like the terrain at first (especially near the spawn) due to its "blandness" but I believe that the terrain is not boring at all. You've spiced things up just right with the addition of custom trees, complenting flowers and a nice progression from grass to snowy hill to ice hill. It's a subtle addition to your map but adds just the right amount of variety to make the map stand out.

In addition to this terrain, you've included a few structures and of course the railway. You've found the perfect balance between terrain and structures-- I feel like a lot of map have too many structures, while others are huge terrain-only worldpainter exports. Your map manages to combine the two just right without it feeling forced. The structures are nice and provide areas for explorers.

The map is well-suited for Survival due to it having plentiful resources; from the wheat fields under the railway for food to the stone bricks in the tunnel for Angry rounds; your map has all the basic elements which make a Survival map work on RoF.

Something else I really really really like about your maps is its size. You didn't overshoot or make it bigger than it had to be: It's compact and every single space feel like it has been used to its fullest potential. For multiple years now there's been this trend of always making RoF maps bigger and bigger- yours goes back to being small and cozy, and I'm a really big fan of that.

In short-- I like your map. +1

• Thank You
Reactions: Llamaman5000

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
While this is a small map with a fair amount of grass, this map is amazingly varied from snow capped hills to a lake and even a amazing looking train. I like the amount of height this map has as well. The chests in this may need to nerfed however however we can do that ourselves if needed.

I am very much in favor of adding this map +1

• Thank You
Reactions: Llamaman5000
Status
Not open for further replies.