[Monthly] Arcade Game Requests!

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Hello one and all, welcome to the "Pikmon2 needs ideas for games and needs to finish a game for once" monthly thing! Here's how it works:

1. You post your suggestion for a simple arcade game!
2. I choose one of the ideas to create in a months time (hopefully!)
3. You get to play the game (Other people can to!)

Now here are some things to remember when going into this!:

1. Not very good with 3D.
2. I suck with platformers (Well... really collisions with platformers)
3. Remember to make these simple! Nothing like "Make super mario sunshine k thnx" or something, even if I would like to make a game like Super Mario Sunshine. Also remember to think "Arcade games" when you have an idea!
4. Not very good artist with 2D!

All games will be done in Game Maker 7 Pro. Before anyone says "gam makr sux", look at Spelunky. Look at it. Look at it.

If this should be in the games thread then if someone could move it that'd be nice, but I figured it'd fit in the creative thread, either way, thanks!

Now go ahead and post ideas! I'll be here! Waiting! ENDLESSLY

(PS: All games will be free. They may be uploaded to some free games sites with your permission only! You'll get credit in the opening and in the... credits, as well if you wish! Just tell me.)

CURRENT SUGGESTED IDEAS-

Arena-Style Fighting Game nitasu987
Racing Game - zezmi.
Portal/Arioch's Life - AriochIsVengence
Plane Fighting Game (Such as Galaga)
Street Fighter/ Marvel VS Capcom (nope.avi)
Shoot 'Em Up or Bullet Hell Style (Duffie)
Breakout (755someone755)

nitasu987

Reaction score
Hmm... A simple game...

Maybe make an Arena-style game with the player being some gladiator, and you fight a bunch of increasing difficulty gladiator guys until you win? You can get new weapons after beating certain enemies?

Another suggestion:

American Ninja Warrior o.0

• Thank You
Reactions: Pikmon2

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Hmm... A simple game...

Maybe make an Arena-style game with the player being some gladiator, and you fight a bunch of increasing difficulty gladiator guys until you win? You can get new weapons after beating certain enemies?

Could you give a bit more details? Just so I can get a better idea, thanks for the idea though!

nitasu987

Reaction score
Hmm... A simple game...

Could you give a bit more details? Just so I can get a better idea, thanks for the idea though!

Hmmm... Like... The arena is well a Colosseum, and the player starts out with a chain helmet and a spear and after each fight you get money and some prize stuff (Weapons, Consumables, etc) and there could be some quests to fight Monsters like Hydras, Sirens, etc.

• Thank You

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Make a puzzle game about a sentient computer with a human slave called Stan! Or just a puzzle platform game. your choice.
An arcade game = A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game (for PC or console), requiring hand-eye coordination skill to play. Pinball games for the PC would be considered an arcade game.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
So Pikmon, what have you decided on creating?

I'm still in a decision phase kinda, but when I do decide, don't worry if yours(anyone who suggested anything) wasn't picked! There's a reason I have them all listed ;)
That's fine if mine aren't picked, other ideas are better then mine!

• Love

Pikmon2

Reaction score
IDEA PHASE TO END ON THE 31ST OF JULY

So feel free to fill out your ideas, give more suggestions, ect, and the game will start *full* development on the 1st of August/31st of July!

nope.avi

Reaction score
Hmm, how about something like street fighter at the least, or marvel vs capcom 1 at the most :bounce:

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
You could also go for the Shoot 'Em Up or Bullet Hell style, in which you play as a flying character on the bottom of the screen, with oncoming enemies from the top screen. You could even add in power-ups that change how the player shoots!

It's similar to Galaga, but the enemies don't retreat back into a Space Invaders formation, but instead keep moving until they go off-screen, usually behind the player.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
You could also go for the Shoot 'Em Up or Bullet Hell style, in which you play as a flying character on the bottom of the screen, with oncoming enemies from the top screen. You could even add in power-ups that change how the player shoots!
Thanks, and thanks for being descriptive! (Nothing against the others!)
Added

Pikmon2

Reaction score

It's similar to Galaga, but the enemies don't retreat back into a Space Invaders formation, but instead keep moving until they go off-screen, usually behind the player.
Ba da da da! Duffie's game idea was chosen to be the Arcade game hopefully finished in August! If you could please PM with some details and stuff you'd like in the game, that'd be nice! For others, continue suggesting ideas :)

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
I know!
Pong! As simple as that, pong!
Also, isn't there an option in gamemaker to export apps to Android or iOS?
I want pong on mah phone! Please? :3

Edit: damnit, y I no read entire thread?
Okay, what about Breakout? Also awesome.

Also, raxo, there were games before pong. Those old ones made of radar equipment...