RoF - Declined Moderator/Server Builder Application

Reaction score
My name is Jared. I am 16 years old. I am a sophomore in High School.

What is your in-game name?
My in-game name is JaredTheGamer13.

What timezone do you live in?
I live in Eastern Time Zone.

How many hours have you played on the server for?
I have 15 hours 25 minutes on RoF.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?
I can spend 5-9 hours a week helping out on the server.

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)
I have been a moderator one two servers and a builder on another two and I am currently a builder on a gamemodes server

What do you think the role entails?
I think the role of moderator entails that you must be respectful to anyone and everyone no matter what and to help whoever needs it. For builder I think the role is kind of obvious and that is to build for the server like spawns or maps for RoF and to give advice to players if they ask.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staff member because I really enjoy playing on the server and I always have a lot of fun every time I get online. I also want to try to get more players to join the server and populate it a bit more.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
I work at a Boy Scout Summer camp (Camp Ransburg) and I work in the office so I have to deal with upset kids, upset adults, mad adults, etc. I am also a Boy Scout so I live by the scout law and I am respectful to anyone no matter how they act to me for whatever reason.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
For a problem I am unfamiliar with I would deal with the person if they are mad I would try to calm them down and do as much as I can then get someone else on staff that would know more about that problem. I would then wait for that staff member and keep the person calm until the other staff member get on.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
I am a Boy Scout First Class rank and I am also in YoungLife which is a Christian based club but it is not required. We basically "Throw Parties and Talk About Life".

I do not know any staff there isn't any on when I am on.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
The mod application readme states:
[Minecraft] Rituals of Fire moderator: 24 hours ontime (pre-wipe counts), 1 staff reference
(I've just changed it from 48, because I can)

Whilst you haven't got either of them, which I'll have to keep in mind very heavily, as there are requirements for a reason, I quite like your application, and judging by your post ratings, so do the community. Therefore, I want to see what @LavaStaff say anyway. Again, as you don't quite meet the requirements, you'll have to get a very big "yes" for me to be able to justify putting you on a trial, but I like what you've put.

Chop chop, mods.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses, mods.

Unfortunately, Jared, despite your good intentions, I don't think you currently have the activity levels we expect of a moderator. Not only do you not meet the total ontime requirement, you haven't been on this month at all. Once you meet the requirements, and you're a bit more active, please feel free to reapply!

Thanks for applying.

Declined

• Winner
  • Creative
Reactions: Fragile and Notme