jackamel

Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score
Account Name: jackamel

Timezone: UK

Staff References: Olive44 Swift_Siren Mulbery

Previous staff experience: Operator on Classic Zombie

The Role: Offer build advice, maintain rules, rank standards. Keep the server from falling apart, but having fun at times, the best mod's know how to maintain a balance, plive... swift.... so fun. I understand that it is a responsible role, and I have the maturity for it.

Why me: Welp, since will be changing on create following Psycho's departure, I thought it would be a good time to apply, since Mod numbers are down. I've been considering applying for a while, but the time feels right now. I know I have some stuff to improve on in terms of modding, but I know the server and its players very well, 49 days on-time proves that.

Notes: I've kept it short and sweet.You all know me, so i'll leave you to judge rather than listen to me ranting on about how great I am. Thanks for taking the time to consider me.

jackamel4mod makecreategreatagain

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4601

You're a good fella, you're patient and you get things done. You might just need to learn how to be friendly to people, and how to constructively criticise people without getting anyone hurt. Suggesting trial, +1, good luck! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: jackamel

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Plive Maethia Friendy
Would love to hear your feedback/thoughts!
Thanks for the tag, was meaning to do this yesterday!

I'm a little torn to be honest, while I do agree you could very well maintain a positive and fun atmosphere for players, I am rather concerned about your attitude; to expand on this, I've seen countless times where you've lost your temper and sworn at players or had arguments with them, or you'd say "bullshit" and leave rather than keep it to yourself or constantly complain/say "ffs" whenever you die on aod, and it wasn't too long ago that you kept being sarcastic and rude to me because I warned you for breaking the rules which I find quite immature.

I would like to see an improvement in your attitude before you become staff, so for that reason I will vote -1, however please don't feel disheartened by this as I would love to have you on the team, I just feel that your attitude isn't quite there yet, good luck!

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
I can't really give a fair opinion on this due to inactivity on my part which I do apologise for. For now i'll give a 0 but i'll keep an eye on you and maybe that answer will change. Good Luck!

jackamel

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the tag, was meaning to do this yesterday!

I'm a little torn to be honest, while I do agree you could very well maintain a positive and fun atmosphere for players, I am rather concerned about your attitude; to expand on this, I've seen countless times where you've lost your temper and sworn at players or had arguments with them, or you'd say "bullshit" and leave rather than keep it to yourself or constantly complain/say "ffs" whenever you die on aod, and it wasn't too long ago that you kept being sarcastic and rude to me because I warned you for breaking the rules which I find quite immature.

I would like to see an improvement in your attitude before you become staff, so for that reason I will vote -1, however please don't feel disheartened by this as I would love to have you on the team, I just feel that your attitude isn't quite there yet, good luck!
I haven't argued with players as implied in recent months, I agree that there were times earlier in the year when create got a new wave of BMC players that tensions were high, but this has passed now. I understand and have acknowledged that I have areas to improve on, mostly my build advice. As for swearing, not in arguments recently (if you have logs or examples that would help). But all the staff members swear, as do most players, so please don't hold me to an unrealistic angel like position. I know we have 'clashed' a couple times if you will, but that is probably down to personalities. I do however feel that it is slightly unfair that you get to judge my app since you've just become mod on create yourself, but thats out of my hands. I would also like to say in my opinion, aod is aod, create is create. I'm applying for create. The aod related critique is kinda irrelevant, so I would like if you could keep the two servers separate when judging. I know I have the knowledge and ability to help players on create. Despite what you may think, I am very mature and I have morals and I know exactly where the line is, in terms of acceptable language/behaviour/topics on create.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I haven't argued with players as implied in recent months, I agree that there were times earlier in the year when create got a new wave of BMC players that tensions were high, but this has passed now. I understand and have acknowledged that I have areas to improve on, mostly my build advice. As for swearing, not in arguments recently (if you have logs or examples that would help). But all the staff members swear, as do most players, so please don't hold me to an unrealistic angel like position. I know we have 'clashed' a couple times if you will, but that is probably down to personalities. I do however feel that it is slightly unfair that you get to judge my app since you've just become mod on create yourself, but thats out of my hands. I would also like to say in my opinion, aod is aod, create is create. I'm applying for create. The aod related critique is kinda irrelevant, so I would like if you could keep the two servers separate when judging. I know I have the knowledge and ability to help players on create. Despite what you may think, I am very mature and I have morals and I know exactly where the line is, in terms of acceptable language/behaviour/topics on create.
I have seen arguments between you and other players in recent weeks, let alone months, unfortunately I do not have logs but there have been however -- these are more aod related, and as far as I'm aware it has always been this way, you're judged based on your behaviour throughout the community and on create - and I've no problem with you on a personal level bear in mind. I was asked to judge your application so I have.

Yes staff members do swear, staff members can act immature, but when they do it is done in the correct way whether it is having a laugh with players/friends and not excessively, and keeping the atmosphere fun; this is something I wouldn't compare to the way you do and have acted on aod, I'd just like to point out Jackamel that this is my opinion on your behaviour, and I would like to see improvement!

jackamel

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen arguments between you and other players in recent weeks, let alone months, unfortunately I do not have logs but there have been however -- these are more aod related, and as far as I'm aware it has always been this way, you're judged based on your behaviour throughout the community and on create - and I've no problem with you on a personal level bear in mind. I was asked to judge your application so I have.

Yes staff members do swear, staff members can act immature, but when they do it is done in the correct way whether it is having a laugh with players/friends and not excessively, and keeping the atmosphere fun; this is something I wouldn't compare to the way you do and have acted on aod, I'd just like to point out Jackamel that this is my opinion on your behaviour, and I would like to see improvement!
I'm not an excessive swearer as you are seem to imply. And I haven't argued with players on create for at least the past month, as i've had reduced activity compared to what I usual have. I fail to see how you can be judged on your 'behaviour' throughout the community, I'm not applying for Rof, Aod and Create, thats just silly. It's like saying I'm gunna judge you for something you said to a player in the lobby... Bit daft. You can ask many of the players on create, they'd say I'm a fun guy

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not an excessive swearer as you are seem to imply. And I haven't argued with players on create for at least the past month, as i've had reduced activity compared to what I usual have. I fail to see how you can be judged on your 'behaviour' throughout the community, I'm not applying for Rof, Aod and Create, thats just silly. It's like saying I'm gunna judge you for something you said to a player in the lobby... Bit daft. You can ask many of the players on create, they'd say I'm a fun guy
You may as well not argue with the decision, what you're doing right now will only making it worse.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You may as well not argue with the decision, what you're doing right now will only making it worse.
Since I don't have the option to press disagree, then I might as well say I am disagreeing with what you are saying. An applicant should be allowed to justify himself. You telling him that you can't because you are going to make the situation worse is just bad because then you are not allowing the applicant to justify himself and therefore having a bias mod review on what one mod is saying without the applicant not even encouraged to disagree. I will say that I haven't seen Jack get angry on AoD. Anyone should be allowed to say that I disagree with your choice because of this and that, because then mods can make a more informed choice on the basis of witnessing both sides instead of one.

And yes, I know I'm not allowed to post here. Since there isn't a negative rating, if you do disagree with the points made so far or agree with my opinion; make sure to give the rating here. Also, Vatumok gave me permission to post this.

-Rune

Last edited:

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Since I don't have the option to press disagree, then I might as well say I am disagreeing with what you are saying. An applicant should be allowed to justify himself. You telling him that you can't because you are going to make the situation worse is just bad because then you are not allowing the applicant to justify himself and therefore having a bias mod review on what one mod is saying without the applicant not even encouraged to disagree. Anyone should be allowed to say that I disagree with your choice because of this and that, because then mods can make a more informed choice on the basis of witnessing both sides instead of one. I might as well say this, I would love to see Jack as a mod because the qualities he displays is perfect for a staff member, and is one of the most suited to apply for mod for create. Using evidence which doesn't even apply to Create is like grasping at straws to find a excuse to not give that person mod.

And yes, I know I'm not allowed to post here. Since there isn't a negative rating, if you do disagree with the points made so far or agree with my opinion; make sure to give the rating here. Also, Vatumok gave me permission to post this.

-Rune
The reasoning behind a staff member looking at a user's actions on the other EscRes servers is to gauge their overall maturity. It can easily expose a user's true maturity - Create is a calm server, so a more frantic, frustrating server like AoD can easily expose people's actual maturity, or perhaps they behave completely differently on Create, RoF and AoD because they're trying to be mod (I'm not saying Jack is!), and that's why it's a perfectly acceptable thing to look at. Also, seeing as we have the Trusted rank, you do have to be mature on other servers. If you can't look mature on AoD, and you're holding a staff rank on there, then it's not going to go down very well.

If we want to go on with this, we may as well shove it in a PM. This is a mod app, after all.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
jackamel

Please take into consideration the comments that have been made above. If you are to become a Mod, you will need to represent the entire Community, which seems to be where your downfall is currently - when you're in a different environment to Create - based on the complaints that I have heard. We're going to be watching you carefully to see if you do Improve your overall maturity in comparison to the maturity that you display on Create. I believe that you would make a Great addition to the current staffing team though, simply because you do uphold the Rules on Create and contribute to the atmosphere. However, you should probably work on helping players more, which would come easily with the job.

Good luck with your trial.

• Thank You
Reactions: jackamel