Declined Moderator Application

Reaction score
What is your steam username/ID )? STEAM_0:0:89682661

What timezone are you in? UTC

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what? Murder server operator.

How often are you able to play on the server? Almost every day, almost 24/7

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator? I like to matter, but also help control the server from injustice.

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are? Stop RDM, stop hate, handle reports, keep things fair

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator? I'm fun, reasonable, have a passion for justice and a nice guy,

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are? My strength is my intelligence, and my weakness is if people mention dead grandparents, since it's a very touchy subject because mine died recently.

Do you have anything else you would like to say? I love this server, you're all great and nice and i like that you're social with me.

Last edited:

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
+1, Although I don't like getting involved in these sorts of things, I feel I'm obliged to in this case.

Justice. You do have some other weaknesses such as friction between players which I have seen in your reports and in game. However, you are 'at heart' a nice an friendly player who is on the server frequently. Although I'd say we have enough mods atm :p. I'm sure you'd make a great addition to the team as long as you can get a long with everybody I don't see a problem.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I meant to come on more to see if I could see him but I had a lot come up this week. If you're looking for a vote right now, it's a 0. I have seen Doc Brown once but only once so I would need more time interacting to come up with a different number.

◘◘◘

Reaction score
Hello [KOSC]Justice⚖Rose@--- I want and need to give you a 0 because you are a good player and because you are a bad player you are a good player because you know the game and you know the rules and you are a good moderator because you are happy to help and you are a bad player because you break one or two rules once or twice and I believe if you try to you can work on your weaknesses and you can make them strengths and become a good player and a good moderator.

Last edited:

MacTarvish

Reaction score
I wanted a bit more time to see you online but seeing as I'm getting busier with work and school I'll be make my decision now.

Thanks for applying, Justice.

I do see you as helpful, and friendly. I like it that you interact with other players, and are very approachable. You understand the rules, and are not afraid to ask for help if need be. On the other hand, you tend to get into scuffles with other players over smalls things.
You are on the server quite a lot and your quarrels are becoming less and less. +1

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello Justice, thanks for applying. Aika, Elliot and Vino are unable to vote at the moment so everyone has now voted.

Although you’ve received two +1’s, unfortunately I’m going to have to decline your application. I know it seems a bit ridiculous to make you wait a week for the votes and then go against them anyway, so sorry about that, but I wanted to be sure I was making the right decision and that the other moderators hadn’t got any other great reason that would persuade me otherwise, and the positive comments made by the others only contradict with what I’ve seen from you.

I’m worried about your attitude. First, the fact that you say you want to be a moderator because you “like to matter” is a bit concerning – please understand that players and moderators "matter" equally, moderators are simply volunteers who are trusted to use commands to keep rule breakers from ruining the fun, but without players there would be no moderators and no server. You becoming a moderator won’t make you “matter” any more, it will just enable you to help everyone have fun. The fact that one of your reasons for applying seems to be just to boost your status is a bit alarming.

Your attitude ingame is also a bit concerning – as said by Aqua and MacTarvish, you do tend to get into scuffles and have friction with other players, and whilst I understand this can’t always be avoided because at the end of the day there will always be people you won’t get along with, the way you deal with these scuffles isn’t always mature. I’ve also seen you aggressively caps swear at people for RDMing you, which isn’t the way you should be handling these situations. You also seem to get the wrong end of the stick in quite a lot of situations and I’ve seen you complain about incidents where you’ve simply misunderstood them and been in the wrong yourself.

I also don’t think you thought about your application enough, particularly your strengths/weaknesses response. It’s a bit concerning that you changed your weakness from something about friends, which wasn’t clear what you meant (although I think you meant you have a difficult time punishing friends?), to having no weakness at all, to having a weakness about being upset when reminded of dead relatives, rather than being able to identify the weaknesses mentioned by the other staff and me, which I think are bigger weaknesses than the one you’ve mentioned since that hasn’t caused any issues from what I’ve seen. Being able to reflect on yourself and understand your weaknesses is very important so please work on that.

Overall, whilst, as Circle said, you definitely have potential to improve, for now I’m going to have to deny your application due to the amount of concerns there are regarding you being a moderator. Please work on the weaknesses addressed to you and you may reapply in a minimum of three weeks’ time.

Application denied.

Last edited: