Mob Theory Contest - [CLOSED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNBrisson

Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I got very, very particularly bored. Working on dungeons is fun and all, but sometimes, I can't make all the ideas. There's definitely, not ever going to be enough ideas to satisfy all of you hungry players, is there? My only solution is CLEARLY to hold some sort of contest... a contest? Yes, a contest.

A CONTEST!
Mob Theory!
So you may be asking yourself, why a contest? Well, son and/or daughter, that's because competition is a fun and healthy sport!
But what's curtailed in such a competition? Well, it's pretty simple! All you have to is make up a mob!
But what's in it for me?
Well I'm glad you didn't actually ask that, but I need to give an answer anyways; Based on number of submissions, the first, top 2, or even top 3 ideas will be added to the server as natural spawns! Also you get an amount of emeralds based on how well you did. 500-250-100. Also also you get bragging rights.

But wait, top... submissions? How do we vote?
You can submit your theory to this thread in a response post, and other players can react to your post based on their feelings about it! The top posts with the most positive reacts by Tuesday, Jan.29th will receive the prize!

Well, how do I submit?
STEPS TO SUBMISSION!:
1) Think up like, a super wicked concept that people might like. Don't just go "he's a fast zombie named Fred"
2) What type of mob are they? It can be any living, non-ambient entity in the game! (Sorry, End Crystals and Bats!)
3) When you think about the mobs currently on the server, would they ideally be on the same tier as Pestilents, Howlers, or Dreadknights?

4) Multiple submissions are allowed per player, however, material prizes will not stack.

I will happily code and give stats to the mobs myself based on what wins, but you, the community, are the judges!
Best of luck to all, play fair, play nice!

Last edited:

fantome

Reaction score
going to use an idea you and I talked about before
but godly aspects these mobs could be either bosses or high tier enemies (probably a bit higher then dread knights)
for the aspect of Drachenfel, it could be a wither skeleton wearing a dragonhead that deals fire and wither effects called aschfäule

for the aspect of Arcadia a shulker blaze combo that could be a more souped-up version of a flame-caller with the shulker projectile attack called kataigída

and for the aspect of Kvaldite could be a necromantic version of a synthesizer called the död-kallat

Reactions: KNBrisson

DeekayDragone

Reaction score
If command blocks are able to replace the heads of mobs with other mob heads, my suggestion would be a Werewolf Templar for a completely unique new mob! This mob would most likely be hostile, but if there is a possibility, perhaps this rare mob could aid the player somehow?

Some bonus concept art!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d286f1edfd8uyfx/Werewolf Templar.png?dl=0

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I think there are many ideas being put forward that are complicated and convoluted. To make a truly innovative mob, we must carefully examine, deconstruct, and build from the ground up. Take for instance the Zombie, one of the most beloved and classic mobs in Minecraft.

With it's terrible groan and unblinking eyes, it's truly a frightening sight. There have, in our server, been many fine derivatives of this mob, including those derivatives of its baby form. But they all stand, walk and fight in exactly the same way. What we need is something different, a creative new take on this beloved classic. I'm proud to say I've made just that, and that's why it gives me great pride to introduce this artisanally crafted new mob suggestion: the Upside-Down Zombie

This terrifying new creation strikes fear into the hearts of all, as it head-scoots towards an unsuspecting player. Its locomotion differs entirely from all previous iterations. It is, in every way, the most perfect and superior form of the Zombie.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The phobic.

Level 50 mob.

Unlike it's nether brethren, the phobic is a very timid creature. Rather than passive until attacked, this unusual breed of pigment actively flees players until attacked.

You know how they say that spiders are more afraid of you than you are of them? Well, the phobic is like a black widow spider that you just pissed off. It's macabre blade will cripple you, slowing your escape whilst it's powerful wither attack will hurt even seasoned warriors.

When the phobic enters this blood lust, there's only one way to stop it: kill or be killed.

This mob is inspired by creator of the original zombie pigman skin and former community member XaPhobia.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Spiders that grapple people from 5 miles away.

Oh wait, we already have those.

Hmmm....

I know, we could have Freezards!

Unmasked snow golems that spam weak ice element snowballs in a cone area every 5-7 seconds, the attack is relatively short ranged (no more than vanilla potion chucking range).
They'd probably be mid-high tier in far snowy mountain and as relatively common enemy in any later ice dungeons out there.

You can also go with a more original name for them, like Arctic Whistlers or Sleet Breathers.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Eggsweeper
  • A chicken that lays explosive eggs.
  • If it lays them near you they explode within 7 seconds causing damage in a 3 block radius.
  • If you hurt it, it will run around like a typical chicken and lay 4 eggs around itself as self preservation.
  • These eggs have a 15% chance to spawn another Adult Eggsweeper instead of exploding, and another 15% chance of just spawning baby chickens.
  • Baby Eggsweeper chickens hatched from an agro chicken will be angry, and will start to peck you. They can only peck.
  • Adult Egssweeper chickens hatched from an agro chicken will throw an explosive egg at you every 7 seconds. If you hit them, these too have a chance at spawning more adult or baby eggsweepers.
  • Mob is passive unless provoked, but they will still lay eggs as randomly as a normal chicken when a player is nearby. Remember these explode after 7 seconds of being laid.
  • If an egg of an non-aggravated chicken hits you, it will consider you a threat and will start spawning it's 4 defensive eggs.
  • Drops include: feathers, cooked chicken, gunpowder, coal, and emeralds.
  • Biome: Nether, and desert biomes.
(Inspired by the classic annoying 90's game, Minesweeper)
[If this is made, don't give me a prize, I'm already a mod. Do still host 3 prizes for the others :) ]

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Flamethrower skeleton

*A skeleton
*It's firerate will be upped so it's able to shoot once every 0.5 (or so) seconds.
*Damage from it's arrow is reduced, and knockback is completely, or almost completely, removed.
*Arrows that are fired are on fire (badum-tss).

It's firedamage might make it fit more to nether, although having a fire-mob in the overworld would be a nice change. I would imagine it being on the same or a better level as pestillience, as it's little knockback would make it easy to kill.

Alternatively: make a witch fire fire blaze things which do firedamage and burns the target.

Last edited:

_ChoasLego_

Rabbit
Donor
Reaction score
Stone Army: An army of soldiers from a ruined kingdom whose name was lost to history. They roam aimlessly, protecting lands that are now lost to Arcadia. On their own, they are not that tough. When they fight together, they are a force to be reckoned with.
They can spawn in any biome, but more often in mountainous areas and plains. They usually spawn in groups of 4 to 5, with at least one Stone Commander among them, and the spawnrate is about as the same as dreadknights, legionnaires, etc.

Stone Knight:
A husk wearing full iron armor wielding a stone sword. Its attacks apply the same effects as pummel once every 5 seconds.

Stone Archer:
A skeleton wearing full iron armor wielding a bow. Its attacks apply the wither effect and nausea.

Stone Mage:
A zombie wearing full iron armor and wielding a blaze rod. It fires a snowball once every 4 seconds to slow you down.

Stone Cleric:
A zombie wearing full gold armor and wielding a stone hoe. It heals its allies once every 3 seconds and can grant them extra health occasionally.

Stone Commander:
A wither skeleton wearing a gold helmet and iron armor and wielding a iron sword. It does not have as much health as its subordinates do but it can summon more of its subordinates every 6 seconds, so take it down fast.

Last edited:

TehBrian

Reaction score
Website
t3hbrian.github.io
Everyone knows Eschen's lore. Once, it was an established town, however an "event" happened and was then overrun by the undead, but was returned to it's former glory by adventurers across the land. But what was the event that happened? Why was Eschen run by the undead? And what happened to those undead, and where did they flee? Those undead were cast out, and are aptly named.. the Outcasts.

They were an army that sought after power and glory. They wanted to take over one of the greatest cities in their area, Eschen. They however weren't powerful enough, so they contacted a dark wizard. This dark wizard transformed all of them into a more powerful army, a great army, but at a great cost. They all became undead, unsightly to mankind. They then attacked Eschen and had reign over the great city for a while, but were overtaken by adventurers more powerful then they, the adventurers fighting for the good and with their skills rather than the power of a dark wizard. They were then cast out of Eschen, never to return in fear of their lives. All of the outcasts are level 40-50, and can be found wandering on the corners of the maps. There are three variants of the Outcast. The Leader, the Scout, and the Troop. The physical mob they take shape of is a Husk.

-=- THE SCOUT -=-

The Outcast Scouts have 100 health, but to make up with their relatively low health they are very fast and also silent. Being able to sneak up on their enemies and silently assassinate them helped with the overtaking of Eschen. The army believed that only the left handed should be Scouts, as they were believed to be faster. Additionally, only army men who were able to see far away were chosen to be Scouts, so they can see their enemies from up to 32 blocks away, helping them even more. However, they have a very low knock back resistance so with one hit they will go flying up to 3-4 blocks away, being very easy to kill with ranged weapons. They are outfitted with a stone sword and black leather armor, to help them be invisible in dark areas. They also have an ability to Backstab, every 20-30 seconds, where they almost instantly (teleport) go 4 blocks behind the thing they're attacking no matter where they were before. If you're quick enough you can turn around and hit them.

-=- THE TROOP -=-

The Outcast Troops have 200 health and are the middle tier of the Outcasts. They have a middle-ish health and unlike the Scouts, are not silent and are not left handed. They are meant for the front lines and charging, and not much else. They can see enemies from 16 blocks away, like normal monsters, and have a medium knock back resistance and are not very fast. They are outfitted with an iron sword and iron mixed with gold armor. Their ability is Charge, and every 15-20 seconds they will gain a slight speed boost and charge towards their enemies. They won't jump like Juggernaut, just gain a short and temporary speed boost. Very average, but their gold and iron mixed armor will be different with every troop.

-=- THE LEADER -=-

The Outcast Leaders are the masterminds behind this entire plan and meeting the dark wizard. They are very rare and you won't find them often, however they have a whopping 300 health. They are also not silent but are fast. Not as fast as the scout, but decently fast. They are also not left handed, as well. The Outcast Leaders take relatively no knock back at all because of their heavy armor and they can easy kill you if they corner you. They can see enemies from only 8 blocks away because of their giant helmets on their heads, which are always diamond. They are outfitted with diamond swords, diamond helmets, diamond chest plate, iron leggings for a bit more maneuverability and diamond boots. They are fast and powerful because they specifically asked the dark wizard to bless, or rather, curse them the most. They have the ability called Bloodlust, which gives them a temporary strength boost, speed boost, and resistance boost. These boosts only last a couple seconds but are very powerful, and they can only use Bloodlust every minute at most. When they use Bloodlust you will hear a noise and they will have particles all around them.

-=-

I hope you liked my suggestions. I'm hoping maybe there can be a quest where you learn about the backstory of The Outcasts and Eschen in detail, but for now it's just a nice rare set of mobs for more advanced players. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sporadic Vessel.

"When I were a wee nipper, me paw told me of lands where plants and animals were not the dominant life forms. In this land, the fungal growth was king. No, I don't mean those little things lying around in forests that you make in to soup. Big mushrooms, the size of houses each and every one! His brother, a brave yet foolish man, decided to settle in one of these lands, believing this region would bring him fertile grounds to establish his own cattle ranch.

We never heard from his brother after he left for these lands, but I've been hearing rumours recently of a ship that crash landed near narcotia, made of pure mycelium. It's said that a herd of toxic cows burst from the wreckage, but they weren't exactly like yer normal cow.

They say that they are possessed by something strange, their flesh carved through with ungodly growths one and all. They say that they produce an aura that would make any grown man shudder should they come within four paces of the infernal things. On the upside, it's also said they make for a bloody good stew."

-Accounts of an Elysian Peasant, pg. 37-39.

The Sporadic Vessel is a neutral, yet friendly mob. With the appearance of a mooshroom, the Sporadic Vessel produces a cloud of mycelium within a 4 meter perimeter. This toxic cloud controls the Sporadic Vessel, drawing the cow towards other life forms so that it may infect them too. Although the mooshroom itself deals no harm, the cloud gives the victim a nausea, poisoning and hunger effect. The mooshroom can be killed, but killing it will cause a lingering poison and hunger effect at it's point of death for a minute.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
As we know there are no ghasts in the nether right now. I think it would be cool/funny if we had a Overworld Ghast that just flies around shooting fireballs. Just walking though the world and hearing the ghast would catch any player offguard.

Reactions: Roobarb Pie

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
As we know there are no ghasts in the nether right now. I think it would be cool/funny if we had a Overworld Ghast that just flies around shooting fireballs. Just walking though the world and hearing the ghast would catch any player offguard.
Danni did this to me on kami's realm to see how quickly i responded to my surroundings. Took me ten minutes to realise I was being followed by a trail of ghasts

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Flicker Bomb

Name: "Flicker bomb" (bad name, but I didn't find anything better (feel free to find something better))

Ability: A creeper who is invisble, except when it charges right before explosion, where it becomes visble. I think that when the classic tssss-sound starts the creeper will become visible and it won't turn invisble after that. I think it would be fitting to not let the creepers spawn in caves, and only overground.

Short lore: As a sub-species of the creeper, this species is widely known for it's terrifying ability: It is invisible. Unfortunate colonist and travellers who encouter this species, are rarely left alive to tell the tale. The species' origin is unknown, but the species is thought to have inhabited the lands after the events of Arcadia. Many in Elysia's established community has speculated that the species is powered by some sort of Void-magic, although it is only speculation...

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Trouncinator

Iron Golem with permanent slowness 3 mounted on an invisible little slime (the slime has permanent jump boost 12).

The idea is that the Trouncinator tries to super-stomp it's opponents. However, if it falls from too high, gets hot footed, or takes the arrow to the knee, it loses its jumping power and is forced to go into melee combat. It's not even remotely fast, and without its jumpy slime, it's pretty much crippled.

Low tier dungeon enemy

Trouncinator MK II

Severely upgraded Trouncinator, which uses a small invisible magma cube instead of a slime, eliminating both hot-footing and long-falling endangerment.
What's more, the Trouncinator MK II didn't miss leg day, so if you mess up its feet, it has speed 4 and will try to mow you down as fast as it can.

High tier dungeon enemy.

Slime and magma cube insta-die when their golem dies. If the player did not kill the slime/magma cube before defeating the Trouncinator, then the slime/magma cube does not grant xp.

KNBrisson

Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to remind everyone that the deadline, TUESDAY, JANUARY 29TH is quick approaching! Vote for your favorites or submit your own ideas, maybe you'll win!

KNBrisson

Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
And the end of our very valuable week has come to pass, and that means the contest is CLOSED! This means a lucky few will be chosen to be implemented, as well as prizes will be distributed when possible.

Third Place, At 3 Votes - Roobarb's Phobic!
This maniacal pigman will arrive to grace the nether sooner rather than later. Prepare to never want to go quartz mining again.

Second Place, at 4 Votes - ChoasLego's Stone Army!
Be weary of these ancient invaders, come to liberate Arcadia in the name of their own long forgotten lands.

First Place, at a whopping 6 Votes - Deekay's Werewolf Templar!
(I've yet to find out if a wolf head is possible.)
Prepare to face off against the startlingly bipolar werewolf templar, who will either attack other mobs during the day, or will lunge in a bloodlust-induced rage at nearby players during the night!

Status
Not open for further replies.