Rejected Mob Suggestions (2)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Kit Selection (for mob, and maybe other game modes)
Describe your suggestion: I've found that waiting for the first wave to start (since apparently we can't skip mob prep time) can be a bit dull sometimes, and so, what if while players are waiting, they got to choose the kit they want if the map has multiple kits?
Didn't choose a kit on time? No worries, we'll just drop the default kit of that map on you (or a random kit, if no defaults were specified).
Preferably, I would like to see kit selection be executed with a GUI similar to that of the shops and revival charms that pops up upon entering the map, but if that's a bit too much to do, a pop-up message with some form of commands or something could also work.
Are you willing to work with our staff team to implement this suggestion? (It's okay to say no)

But of course, and I'll start by submitting a mob map with 6 kits so that we have something to work with here.

Per-map difficulty/difficulty option (either or)
Describe your suggestion:
(Per-map) adds an option for mapmakers to set the game difficulty (defaulting at normal) to modify mob damage for easier map balancing.

(Option) a pop-up poll that appears at the start of a mob map. At the end of prep-time, difficulty is shifted to Easy, Normal, or Hard, depending on the most popular option (ties are broken by random selection based on vote percent).
To counter-balance people always choosing Easy so that they can win all the time, Easy can decrease XP gain and nullify some specific mob achievements for that round, while Hard can increase XP gain and maybe have a couple of new achievements for extra-pro players.
Are you willing to work with our staff team to implement this suggestion? (It's okay to say no)

Sure, but I'm not certain about how I could help implement this beyond being a willing test-player.

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the suggestions.

After discussing these with staff and helpers, we have decided to decline them.

Multiple kits - If players drop the items from their kits then die, they can spawn in with new ones. The only items excluded from this scenario are armor pieces with Curse of Binding. However, players would want to purchase more armor as the game progresses. Shops should be more important than kits as they're achievable goals for the players in this game mode.

Selecting difficulty - The only adjustable factor at the moment is the spawn rate. While it is an interesting idea, it can be chaotic if multiple people are online and disagree with the difficulty choice.

Again, thank you for your interest in improving the server. However, these suggestions are difficult to implement and problematic in execution.

Rejected