Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: Self-contained
Download: /Warp Shooting Gallery
Screenshots:

Hi chisel!
Maximum amount of players: 4
Notes:
*Map is fairly unique in terms of game play, though players probably won't be too confused about what they need to do.
-Don't worry about the mobs finding their way; if you've played on Night Siege, you know they're good at long-distance tracking.
*Only weapon available is Bow, with premade variants.
*Players must defeat the mobs before they walk all over the pressure plates, or else parts of the player box's floor will break and fall into lava.
*Both shops to sell the same items so that players can continue to buy so long as any ground remains.
*Arrows being vital can be bought (64 for 1 gold), and all premade bows come with infinity.
*Appropriate measures against endermen cheating have been taken.
*Melee gear for dealing with Wither and Endermen provided in kit.
-Armor will suffice for dealing with the wither, but will promptly break in the lava, assuming the player doesn't die first.
Wave time: Anywhere from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.
Shop Locations: In the player box.
Also, players spawn where the green shulker box is.
Mob spawn locations: Far end of the map on the bedrock.
End Wave: End on completion of wave 29
Mobs which can spawn: Zombies, silverfish, endermites, zombie pigmen, skeletons, wither skeletons.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map catco.
We decided to give the map as a try, as it could potentially be quite fun. However, we've had to make a few modifications to get the gameplay to where I think you'd want:
  • Increased the length of the map
  • Added punch to the default kit
  • Added more shops, otherwise some became inaccessible
  • Changed the map to use command blocks
We'll give the map and see how it goes!
-Accepted

Catcocomics

Reaction score
after play testing a bit, I got a few ideas to try and improve the map, and I've implemented them pretty well:
*Raised TNT line
-this makes it easier to shoot at the rest of the field
-this also prevents the TNT line from blowing itself up on its first use
*Replaced the TNT dispensers with wall dispenser that each contain a variety of items
-based on layer, the dispensers have a few of at least 2 of the following:
TNT
Fireballs
Arrows
Lingering Slowness potion
-this is also far less cluttered than before, again allowing players to shoot more of the field.
-a little light above each dispenser signifies if it still has something in it
-each dispenser can only be used 9 times, use them wisely.
*Replaced the segmented floor destruction with a more nutrition-based system
-includes a health bar clearly visible from player box
>player box has a total of 16 HP
>if the HP reaches 0 (the last red block in the meter going away), then everyone dies.
>only 1 HP can be lost at a time; big scary mobs of mobs can't instantly drain all your health away
>>for this reason, I left out cobwebs and soul sand because they would make it all too easy
-this also means that you don't have to remake your shop modification, since now all shops are accessible at all times
*removed mob spawn roof and put a big hole in player box roof
-should hopefully allow wither to attack player box
-cave spiders can also not get stuck, let's let them happen pls

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I've kinda merged some of the changes you made with what the map was like before.
Catco, I would really appreciate it if you tested the changes you made before submitting the changes, because I had to change a lot of things due to it not working properly.

Regardless, it should all work mostly now. Here's whats actually been changed:
  • Health based system - only 12 lives instead
  • Mobs trigger trip wires then fall down and die
  • TNT moved up (I think?)
I haven't added any dispensers due to having to modify the map several times. I honestly don't think they're necessary for the map, but a staff member (arelic)could re-add them if they're really needed.

Let me know if staff need to make any more changes

Reactions: HKCaper

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Catco, I would really appreciate it if you tested the changes you made before submitting the changes, because I had to change a lot of things due to it not working properly.
but... I did test it. What didn't work?
Health based system - only 12 lives instead
the only reason I can think of for this change would be because I didn't bother hiding some of the concrete powder, unless 16 lives was somehow too easy.
Mobs trigger trip wires then fall down and die
I'm not 100% sure what this implies...

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
but... I did test it. What didn't work?

the only reason I can think of for this change would be because I didn't bother hiding some of the concrete powder, unless 16 lives was somehow too easy.

I'm not 100% sure what this implies...
The piston could only push a maximum of 12 blocks so when you got down to 4 lives remaining no more blocks were pushed so you couldn't die. Reducing it down to 12 allowed it to work. If you did test it on Create, its possible it could be a difference between the servers

The problem with the pressure plates as it was, the mobs wouldn't go any further past the pressure plates and just kinda sit there. So I've change it to use trip wires and command blocks to remove the blocks underneath the mobs to kill them

Status
Not open for further replies.