Map Name: October Woods
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: self-contained
Download: /warp OctoberWoods
Game Time: 18000
Maximum amount of players: 4
Notes:
*Create currently lacks any sort working of player head plugin that I am aware of atm, so I will need the steve heads to match their names (the jack-o-mask, ghost, and fox mask).
*Player to all have permanent glowing effect, and maybe resistance 1 if strongest masks are too weak.
*Only armor type is masks, and there are only 3 tiers because, let's be honest, who really buys anything other than the strongest armor in a mob round anyways (unless it's on Lantern Square where buying some chainmail is actually necessary).
that said, the strongest mask tier has different cosmetic options (feel free to add more spoopy halloween masks if you so desire).
Wave time: 70 seconds
Shop Locations: note that the anvil is not in the final map

Mob spawn locations: Ender Dragon heads (by the crypt, the big tree opposite the crypt, and the armor stand in the center, if there are no issues with that one)
Shop Items: In black and orange shulker boxes, orange for masks and support options, black for bows, swords, scythe, and tnt.
End Wave: after 20
Mobs which can spawn: everything

Screenshots:

I am aware that I still have 2 maps that need tending to, I'll go ahead and try to add more terrain to the sword keep at... some point, but the elements map will either be scrapped or turned into ffa/tdm.

Reactions: Danni122112
G

Guest35486

Mob spawn locations: Ender Dragon heads (by the crypt, the big tree opposite the crypt, and the armor stand in the center, if there are no issues with that one)
The armor stand in the center seems to be missing. I can only find the dragon heads by the crypt and the tree, could you direct me to the third spawn or add one if it's absent?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Hey, I'd appreciate if someone would say something about how this and Spirit Hollow are doing in terms of balancing and everything. I don't mean to put any sort of real time limit or anything, but we do only have about 10 days until Halloween, and I don't want to disappoint the young spooks, ya know?

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the map submission.

The map has been added to the server. We felt that the masks were a bit strong, so we've modified them so that they're Protection 10 and 16 instead of 12 and 20, respectively. Please let us know if there are any issues with the map.

Accepted

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Apart from what we discussed with fixing the campfire and shop npcs, I would like:

*a little raise in prot levels for the skull and other masks (10 and 18 will work for minimums)
-it won't make a ton of difference, but it will help make the vexes feel a little less cheap
*where is wave 20? I was really looking forward to fighting the wither.
*remove tnt. It's hella too expensive to bother with imo, and it's not really needed anyway, since the swords are sufficient crowd control on their own. I personally didn't even buy any, much less use them.

And for AoD mob as a whole, I would like to see magma cubes pushed back towards at least wave 10 or 11, since they effectively 3-shot through chain armor.

G

Guest35486

Apart from what we discussed with fixing the campfire and shop npcs, I would like:
*a little raise in prot levels for the skull and other masks (10 and 18 will work for minimums)
-it won't make a ton of difference, but it will help make the vexes feel a little less cheap
I played through the map a few more times with some other people, 16 seemed sufficient. Will revisit this after getting feedback from more people.
*where is wave 20? I was really looking forward to fighting the wither.
*remove tnt. It's hella too expensive to bother with imo, and it's not really needed anyway, since the swords are sufficient crowd control on their own. I personally didn't even buy any, much less use them.
Done.
And for AoD mob as a whole, I would like to see magma cubes pushed back towards at least wave 10 or 11, since they effectively 3-shot through chain armor.
I personally think there are enough new mobs introduced on wave 11 and grouping them all together may be more chaotic than beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.