Declined [Mob] LanternSQ: Pottery District

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: LanternSQ_Pottery
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: Self-Contained (don't even bother with the world border unless you're THAT determined to thwart cheaters, or unless the system needs it).
Download: /warp LanternSQpottery
Game Time: midnight
Screenshots: (At bottom of post)

Maximum amount of players: 5
Jump pads: All jump pads are located in the water. I wish for them all to be strong enough to launch players to the top of the map (if possible, otherwise just get them some air).
Notes:
*This would be a good map to bring guardians back with.
*The banners and shulker boxes on top of the map to please be removed in final version.
*One of these things doesn't belong... (see the on-land decorations).
*An endless water-breathing effect would be very useful here...

Wave time: Standard Duration
Shop Locations: All of the shulker boxes within the area of play (not the ones on the ceiling).
Mob spawn locations: All the glowstone pads (they tend to be in the corners, both on land and under water)
Player spawn location(s): The Central glowstone pad on the bottom center of the map.

Kits: See the shulker box on top of the map with a sign labelled "mob" next to it.
Fall damage: No, I'd much like to not break my ankle just because I took a short-cut out of the water, thanks.
End Wave: 26 (that is to say, it ends after the completion of 25) for now...
Mobs which can spawn:
Zombies (until something else can spawn on wave 1)
Spiders
Ghasts
Vexes
Skeltals (Skeletons)
Extra-tall doot-doots with swords (with skeletons)
Zombie Pigs
Ghosts (Ghasts)
Guardians (if/when they make a comeback)
Slimes
Magma Cubes
Blazes wait, no, those basically insta-die in water... hmm...

Let me know if this can work as a short zombie map.

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the map submission.

The AoD staff/helpers have agreed that using water for the majority of the map is not suitable for any game mode, especially Mob. While Depth Strider helps a lot in navigation, it does not affect the speed of ascension or descent. The slow speed will be rather annoying in combat. Other than that, mobs will just float to the top of the surface if the player is below water. I believe we've discussed this when modifying Lantern Square.

Declined

Catcocomics

Reaction score
maybe next time, I should incorporate water in a more solid state, then.
I'm honestly surprised that nothing's been said about how small the map is (though in fairness, I did copy the bedrock base from October Woods, making it the same size in area, but idk).

Status
Not open for further replies.