Miyako's Operator Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
In-game username: MiyakoWolf.

Time-zone: No UTC/GMT offset.

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? 2-3 hours, depending on college. Possibly more on the weekends.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? An operator needs to ensure that the players on the server have fun and enjoy themselves. They must not abuse their abilities and should only tp or restore players within reason. If a player asks and there is no good reason to, then they should explain to that player that it is not possible and why. They should be social and respond to anyone that is in need of help. If a player is flooded then the source of the flood needs to be found and restores should be given as quickly as possible. If the players start to panic, an operator should try to calm them down and should let them know that they are sorting the situation out as quickly as they can. They need to reinforce the rules and be strict to players who may be breaking them, keeping calm as they do so. They need to be responsible and a good role model. They also need to be welcoming to the new players that join, answer any questions they may have and help them to their best of their abilities. I think it is important that an operator is also trustworthy and that they know that things that may be said in staff chat need to be kept between the staff and not spread across the server.

What sets you apart from other applicants? I'm nice and friendly and my confidence in talking to others has increased since the last time I applied. I treat higher and lower ranked players equally and i'm always happy to help out. I have been taking into account how other staff members have dealt with certain situations.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I've always found it difficult to voice my opinion, which I understand is an important skill to have for rof. I have been working on this and I will not let it effect my performance of being an operator. Sometimes I can afk without mentioning anything, this can be for long periods of time, but I'm working on that and feel I don't do it as often as I used to. Sometimes i'll get worried about doing something wrong, so I may be hesitant about it. This should improve once I've gotten used to doing things though.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? I would try to think of what I could do in the situation and if I couldn't then I would ask a fellow operator what they would do. If they didn't know either, then I would ask a higher staff member. Head Controllers/Directors would be a last resort.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? I am currently an operator on the lovely Buildbox!<3

References: Tamzies, Ragetastic96, Midnightgirl24, Std1997, Elandrir, CaffeinatedKitty

A huge thank you to all the people who referenced me!​

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I don't feel like writing an elaborate 3 paragraph response. You don't need it. Your actions in game speak for themselves. Extremely friendly player, very active, and you have experience on BB. There is no doubt in my mind you'll get a trial. Good luck! +1

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I've seen how you operate on BB and I think you do a good job there and I've also seen you around on RoF and you do well helping other players, and showing other qualities I usually look for in an Operator. I was more than happy to give you my reference and I hope to see you in the color purple soon.

Take a big +1 from me

Elandrir

The dutch moose
Reaction score
Can't say very much too. You are nice, friendly, you are in a good timezone and got staffing experience, I definitely want to see you on trial.
I give you a +1, Good Luck

Tamzies

Reaction score
I can type a frigging long paragraph, but I wont. Miya do not be scared to do things, I knew you would get one hundreds of Refs since you are really good. No need for second guessing yourself, you are good in whatever you do. You will probably BB -> ROF command fail, I do it too. You are going to be a great ROF operator and your timezone is especially a low staff one. You had some difficulty finding a weakness, but I think this one fits perfectly. You would be very welcomed in the team. Good luck on your app +1 from me. I was happy to reference you, since you seem like a great candidate for the job.
Tamzies Out!

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
I was more than happy to reference you and pretty much everyone has said what I wanted to say. You're a great player, very friendly, have staffing experience, and I have no doubt that you'd make a great member of the staffing team! So take my fancy +1 ! c:

(May add more, but currently on my phone, and it sucks to type on :3)

• Thank You
Reactions: MiyakoWolf

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Straight out honesty here, being as I had a brief intermission from RoF, I have to go with a 0 myself. If I can base it on how I know you from before, you'd definitely receive a +1. Again, I've been away because of personal issues, so I can't really judge properly. (I would enjoy seeing you on trial, though)

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hello MiyakoWolf,

I can attest to what others are saying in regards to how you present yourself on the server. You are an extremely friendly player and you are pleasant to be around. You open your home to other players and you consistently greet new players, as well. You know the rules of the server well. However, since I only really visit the lava server on a consistent basis, so I can't really reference how you present yourself as a staff member on build. I trust the input given by my fellow operators, however I don't see that leadership quality on ROF. Granted, you can only do so much, as a regular player. I will give you a +1 because I still think you will make an excellent operator+.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28
AKA The Rocketeer

Status
Not open for further replies.