Accepted Minun/Eeveon's Sub-Forum Mod Application

Eeveon

Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Discussion, Introductions and Departures
Time-zone/Country of origin: GMT -6, USA

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
My first course of action would most likely be to contact another administrator. I feel that they would have a better idea and grasp on what exactly do to do if something like this were to actually take place. Depending on the content of the posts, I would probably delete the posts. If there is a way to temporarily delete posts then obviously I would opt to do that. (Gathering screenshots as proof may also be something helpful to do if I do end up deleting them and there's no way to temp. delete something.) But anyways, this mostly depends on if the things said could be offensive to other users. My main course of action, though, would be to wait and see what the higher-ups decide as this is fairly out of my grasp.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
Again, this mostly is about what is being said in the posts that will decide the course of action. If the argument was a mostly minor one and nothing too personal was said, I would simply post in the the thread telling people to stay on topic and/or shoot the people involved a quick PM about the posts. If the argument has mostly devolved into throwing insults and such at each other then I would most likely delete the posts and PM the people involved about the incident as a verbal warning of sorts.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
Firstly, I would most likely lock the thread (if the thread was in my subforum) and ask that the poster please start a conversation with me and anyone else involved so that we can talk it over privately and not air dirty laundry. From there, we could discuss what the problem is and try to find a solution. Getting a second opinion from a higher-up could be done, if needed.
If I happened to be wrong then I would admit my mistake, apologize for the inconvenience and such, and attempt to correct my mistake.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:
What is brown and sticky?
A stick.