Minor /board expansions! Extra layers of gameplay.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Just a few minor /board tweaks that Damer_Flinn said could be coded in that I think would add to the fun of the server;

1.) An addition of a "streak" /board section. This would show the largest winning (survival) streaks of all time. (Note: by streak I mean consecutive survivals; i.e. Bear Grylls is 10).

ex: /board streak 20

1.) Chillingworth: 23​
2.) Nillbugwtw: 12​
3.) omgitsathong: 8​
... and so on.

2.) An addition of a "killstreak" /board section. This would show the largest killstreaks on the server of all time. (Note: these are killstreaks, those things that go 2x kill! 3x kill! and so on).

ex: /board killstreaks 20

1.) HypeBurst: 8x kill!​
2.) Myst24: 5x kill!​
3.) Damer_Flinn: 3x kill!​
... and so on. (Note: this idea was suggested by our lovely resident VetOp, omgitsathong)

So, whaddya think, WinX64? I know you're swamped with Lava work, but if you could hop on and add these nifty little commands we'd love to have them. Thanks!

Also, comments and suggestions are welcome, of course!

tommy

Reaction score
I love the idea but /board survives 20 is already a command to find the total amount of survives a player has,/ so we could use /board streak 20 instead.

Reaction score
We don't store streaks or killstreaks on any field of the db, but i will see what i can do.

I bet Ansoro will drool at this idea. Everyone will forever see his amazing 17 win streak :p

But Yes, I really like this idea. The more /boards the better in my opinion.
Even if i add the new fields to store kills and killstreaks, everyone would start at 0 :(

Chillingworth

Reaction score
We don't store streaks or killstreaks on any field of the db, but i will see what i can do.

Even if i add the new fields to store kills and killstreaks, everyone would start at 0 :(
Ah, I was wondering about this. Even though if I've won two rounds in a row and it shows next to my name - ex; Chillingworth (2) - that doesn't store? Interesting.

Keep in mind I know nothing about this x)

Thanks for the effort!

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
My only concern is that there would be a giant amount of people with the same amount of streak # making for a giant section of the board being something like 2 survives for 152 people.

Chillingworth

Reaction score
My only concern is that there would be a giant amount of people with the same amount of streak # making for a giant section of the board being something like 2 survives for 152 people.
At first, it would probably be like this, right? But over time, I think it would get individualized. Also, I think that the first person to get the streak should remain on top of the others if there's a tie.

Conor

Reaction score
Website
cipbot.webs.com
Ah, I was wondering about this. Even though if I've won two rounds in a row and it shows next to my name - ex; Chillingworth (2) - that doesn't store? Interesting.

Keep in mind I know nothing about this x)

Thanks for the effort!
Hello. The (2) is a variable stored in the temporary memory of the server. If you disconnect, it will refresh.

The data required for the command would have to be retrieved data - stored from the past - i.e. in the mySQL database which unfortunately WinX64 didn't think about.

That should answer your question :)