Minecraft 1.8

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
MC Beta 1.8 has now been officially released. Expect a few more bugfix releases, as usual ;)

For those people playing on our CMP and SMP servers, read this:

http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/what-will-happen-when-1-8-hits-us.1057/

and this:

http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/what-will-happen-when-1-8-hits-us.1057/page-3#post-21630

I will say it once more:

Due to the enormity of changes in this version update, we will stick with temporary vanilla servers for a while. Stay tuned for further announcements how we will proceed within the next few days.

All others - enjoy the 1.8 Beta!

Wortho27

Reaction score
No difference between this and pre-release 2 it seems :p

In my opinion, Minecraft still lacks an ultimate goal. Sure, find ruins and crap, get diamond armor... what happens after that though? D:

nuttyluke191

Reaction score
Cant wait for the smp to come on ITS GOING TO BE AWSOME as we speak admins are probably working on it :dance:

HadesHunter

Reaction score
who cares.
The people who actually play it. If you don't like Beta, don't play it. If you want to say you don't like it, tell your friends and not a community that is very fond of it.

If you say bad things, then you get something like what GmK gave you. We don't mind you don't like it, we don't mind that you tell people, just don't be uppety about it and say bad things to us. We don't take kindly to trolling.

Anywho: 1.8 is awesummmm!!!!! Infact, we already have a small mountain village established just outside of the spawn. AND we have a mineshaft located directly below us :) (Also plenty of room... Come help us build, if you wish. No theme for house, just make sure you stay on a mountain top or at least the side of one.)

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome update whenever the orbs don't holyfuckbork the server because someone dropped 5,000 of them despite the "fix" Notch put out.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
:C Hating the fact, Notch decided to use OpenGL for the lighting... And a version of it Mac doesn't actually have/supports... Hoping he fixes this soon or I'm wanting my money back....

And also, No one troll for me using a mac. Im sorry I'm not super rich like you who can afford the best gaming PC in the world...
Aren't Macs more expensive? :eek: