Midnight's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightgirl24

You're gonna have a bad time.
Reaction score
In-game username: midnightgirl24

Time-zone: Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? I know I am capable of spending at least one hour a day. (I am normally on about 4-5 hours a day, but it depends on my school work and my Varsity Women's' Chorus class, but that is only about one day a month.) I know the weekends would be more evening oriented, as those days I spend with my family, but I still would be able to manage up to six hours those days.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? The responsibilities of an operator on RoF is that they are capable of enforcing rules, using the abilities they are given for the right thing, helping other players, and being social with other players in the game. They have to be able to enforce the set of rules, but they should not be too harsh. They need to be fun and friendly, but they have to know when to draw the line and get serious. An operator should be able to calmly handle a dispute, whether it is between players or staff members. They cannot be bias in a situation, especially when it involves a close friend or acquaintance. They have to make sure they’re doing their job correctly, especially when it comes down to rule-enforcement/discipline of a rule breaker.

What sets you apart from other applicants? I am a very friendly player that can be very social within the game. I am always willing to learn something new. I have been around the server for quite a while, and I’ve tried to get to know the people there. I’ve been getting to know staff members, and in a sense, I’m learning from them. I want to be able to help out on the one server I love spending time on. RoF has a wonderful player base, and I want to be able to contribute to this server. I am capable of working under stress, and I know when to go to someone higher up, or someone with more experience when I come across an issue I have no idea how to resolve. I am a hard worker that is capable of performing the tasks I am given.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I have a habit of over thinking about something, which in turn makes me start to worry if I'm doing something wrong. I honestly can be a bit self-conscious about how I’m helping, and I’m currently trying to improve on that. One other issue I have is that I struggle to type as fast as the others sometimes. I’m not nearly as fast as the rest of the staff, but with some of my computer classes, I’m improving.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? At first I would think if I know something that would fix the issue, but if I didn't, I would ask another staff member that is on for some help with the issue. If they do not know how to fix the issue, then I will ask a person of the same or higher rank that could know how to resolve it.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? I will admit that I have never staffed on Blocktopia before. I do lack the experience in staffing, but I am very willing to learn the ways. I am determine enough to learn each and every command I would have to learn, and I would ask for help from another staff member if need be.

References: 63LittlePiggy63 and Biblius

Thanks to all who takes the time to read this and reply!
~midnightgirl24

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Once again, midnight is an candidate who I had not expected to be applying for staff here. However, people are surprising in wonderful ways. Midnight is, like many past applicants, a long-standing member of the RoF community. She's given valuable insights into ideas, maps, and community discussions. She's very well-integrated into our server, which is a definite plus. I know when I applied, the same could not be said of me.

Were she to be accepted, this would be her first staff position. Now as many of you know, I'm a big believer in putting new blood into a staff team. Of the current RoF staff team, we only have 2 members who have not at another point staffed on another server. This means we have a mostly-veteran staff team. This is great, I myself can speak as one of the most veteran staff of the community. However, new staff have to come from somewhere! I strongly believe that midnight is worthy of a trial, and that if given the chance, she could more than prove her commitment, maturity, and wisdom throughout staffing. I believe she just needs that chance to prove it to us.

As I've referenced you, I vote +1, and wish you the best of luck!

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Once again, midnight is an candidate who I had not expected to be applying for staff here. However, people are surprising in wonderful ways. Midnight is, like many past applicants, a long-standing member of the RoF community. She's given valuable insights into ideas, maps, and community discussions. She's very well-integrated into our server, which is a definite plus. I know when I applied, the same could not be said of me.

Were she to be accepted, this would be her first staff position. Now as many of you know, I'm a big believer in putting new blood into a staff team. Of the current RoF staff team, we only have 2 members who have not at another point staffed on another server. This means we have a mostly-veteran staff team. This is great, I myself can speak as one of the most veteran staff of the community. However, new staff have to come from somewhere! I strongly believe that midnight is worthy of a trial, and that if given the chance, she could more than prove her commitment, maturity, and wisdom throughout staffing. I believe she just needs that chance to prove it to us.

As I've referenced you, I vote +1, and wish you the best of luck!
Thank you so much Biblius for giving me this opportunity, and for your kind words!

Reactions: Henry

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Completely out of the blue, this one is to me!
Okay well, I don't see you on very often (due to timezones?), and when I have, I haven't seen you helps out, that greatly. I will keep a closer eye on you for the next, say, week(?) and may change my vote. Going with a 0 for now
I'm sure timezones probably have to do with that, since lately I only see you on when I get on the server before school. I'll admit, maybe it's because I am busy getting ready for school, not fully awake, or I just plain miss someone asking for help in the chat. I'll try to improve on that a bit, even in the morning. Thank you Coolio for your input!

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
As far as the application goes, you're in great standing. On the server itself, I can't come to a conclusion on my opinion of you. I haven't paid enough attention in recent times to how you behave, but I remember you tend(ed) to keep to yourself. I'll try checking in on IRC or dropping into the server when you're online; hopefully, I'll see you more active than the past.

Although, no matter where you stand with that, you have indeed been here for a looong time, being one of the first few applicants we ever got. I think you're well deserving of a trial. +1, good luck! c:

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score

I agree with all this part. How-ever, I do agree with Coolio on this one; due to timezones I haven't seen you much on the server. I did see you being helpful few times. I won't be posting a 'number' because I can't judge yet due to my lack of knowledge about you.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
As far as the application goes, you're in great standing. On the server itself, I can't come to a conclusion on my opinion of you. I haven't paid enough attention in recent times to how you behave, but I remember you tend(ed) to keep to yourself. I'll try checking in on IRC or dropping into the server when you're online; hopefully, I'll see you more active than the past.

Although, no matter where you stand with that, you have indeed been here for a looong time, being one of the first few applicants we ever got. I think you're well deserving of a trial. +1, good luck! c:
Thank you for saying that Forseti! That really means a lot to me. As of lately, I've become a bit more social on the server.

I agree with all this part. How-ever, I do agree with Coolio on this one; due to timezones I haven't seen you much on the server. I did see you being helpful few times. I won't be posting a 'number' because I can't judge yet due to my lack of knowledge about you.
Yeah, it's hard for me to be on when you're on because of timezones. I'm normally in class when you two are on. (Except Coolio was on for a bit last night when I was.)
Thanks for your input French!

D

DarkHender

Well I suppose it's my time to post here, to be honest this was a surprise.
But, you haven't really stood out to me,
I'll have to go with a 0 with lack of seeing you/noticing you in-game and or in chat.
Though if I see things change I'll think back on maybe giving you a +1.
Goodluck with the rest of your application!

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Well I suppose it's my time to post here, to be honest this was a surprise.
But, you haven't really stood out to me,
I'll have to go with a 0 with lack of seeing you/noticing you in-game and or in chat.
Though if I see things change I'll think back on maybe giving you a +1.
Goodluck with the rest of your application!
Thank you for your input Dark! c:

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't see this coming, and along with your having never staffed, not 100% on a decision. Haven't seen too much of you, so I'll go with a 0 for now. At the very least, trial to see how you'd do.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Didn't see this coming, and along with your having never staffed, not 100% on a decision. Haven't seen too much of you, so I'll go with a 0 for now. At the very least, trial to see how you'd do.
I appreciate the input Clock. c: (I don't know if you not seeing me is because of time zones or what)

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
You're a great person and very nice. But most of the time I see you around you're afk, not sure whether it's bad timing on my part, but if you are an operator online you need to be at least aware of the chat and whats going on. Like clock said, I would not mind at all to see you on trial, but I will be going with a 0 for now until I can see more of you when I'm on.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hey Midnight!

We have a lot of history together on that server, huh? You're a great friend and generally get along well with others. Being an operator can be a stressful thing at times. Sometimes the decisions you make, though correct, will not please everyone. There will be times where players may give you some attitude and you will be expected to stay level headed and make calculated decisions. If you feel like you cannot make that kind of decision, you can always ask for assistance. I feel that you have this ability and that you are very intelligent so you can make good decisions out in the field. I will give you a +1.

Only thing I would like to see more of is you interacting with the playerbase a bit more.

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
You're a great person and very nice. But most of the time I see you around you're afk, not sure whether it's bad timing on my part, but if you are an operator online you need to be at least aware of the chat and whats going on. Like clock said, I would not mind at all to see you on trial, but I will be going with a 0 for now until I can see more of you when I'm on.
Thank you for your input Buta. c: As for me being afk, (if you're talking about recently. If not, then this doesn't mean much) it's been hectic the past two weeks, dealing with my ill mother and doing some hardcore house cleaning. I apologize for being afk, and I'll try to improve on that.

Hey Midnight!

We have a lot of history together on that server, huh? You're a great friend and generally get along well with others. Being an operator can be a stressful thing at times. Sometimes the decisions you make, though correct, will not please everyone. There will be times where players may give you some attitude and you will be expected to stay level headed and make calculated decisions. If you feel like you cannot make that kind of decision, you can always ask for assistance. I feel that you have this ability and that you are very intelligent so you can make good decisions out in the field. I will give you a +1.

Only thing I would like to see more of is you interacting with the playerbase a bit more.
We do, don't we? c: Thanks for your input Kevin. Just like everyone else's repsones, I really appreciate it. It'll help me improve on things.

midnightgirl24

Reaction score
Sorry, been away -
I think you should at least have a shot at it! You are very friendly and a fun person to be around. You're responsible and that is a key part to staffing for a server. Including everything said above, I'd love to have you join! c:

+1
Thank you so much piggy for this opportunity by referencing me! It means a lot to me. c:

• Thank You
Reactions: 63LittlePiggy63

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Heya midnight,

So after some consideration, as regretful as this might be, we have decided to decline your application for now. You and others might disagree with me here, which is completely understandable, but he higher staff and myself thought that you haven't stood out to us enough yet. We need to see an increase of your activity on the server, and we need to see some better interaction before we think that you are ready. I think that you're a great person and you could definitely have a positive impact for having this rank, but we need to see you absolutely prove that to us first. If you feel that you're able to improve yourself in these, then feel free to re-apply in the future. We hope to see you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.