Meeting Recap 08/29

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score

Meeting 192

General

The Pixelmon map is available for download here: http://smp.blocktopia.net/maps.php. Sadly the server was not compatible with Java 8 and had other issues which led to its abrupt ending. It should have everyone's Pokemon data/inventories attached as well!

RonaldoSkillz has stepped down from Rituals of Fire Director. Thanks for everything!

Many thanks to Mikey for doing such a great job of keeping track of the meeting numbers.

Dusk of Discordia

We've released the End Temple! Come battle it out against DoD's latest dungeon: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/end-temple.16844/

Dusk of Discordia has had some great times, and I have to thank everyone who has helped keep it alive, especially in these last few months. However with 1.8 on the horizon we will be shutting down DoD and will be releasing a brand new server, we will have more details available Soon (Removed due to copyright infringement)
In the meantime to celebrate the the final week of DoD (and in an effort to prevent us from making a new server) an event is being held which you can find more details about here http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/one-last-story.16853/

Promotions:
Biblius has been promoted to Controller
Lee_Scar has been promoted to Veteran Operator
Demotions:
Stretford01 has been demoted for misconduct
Warnings:
--

BuildBox

The summer building competition is over, the plots have been judged, and the winner is...
Olive44! Runners up are name_goes_here and Jubjubers.

Promotions:
--
Demotions:
--
Warnings:
--

Rituals of Fire

- We're bringing back the old voting form this week! Expect it by Wednesday, there will be a staff password for premium staff given out similar to how it used to work!
- Staff Applications have been closed!
- Map Submissions are currently closed but will open this week!
- We want to remove the horrible maps! Vote here!
- We've removed the /ignore command! If there is someone you cannot stand, ask an Op+ for the secret command to /ignore as a last resort.
- King of the Ladder has some new additions. You can also now use /kotl to get to the arena at any time!
- New armor shop for Master+! It's right after the Expert shop.
- Maps have been added except for Gravity_Pull. We'll do that soon.
- We're planning on implementing several changes, including changes to ore spawning rates, iron man warnings, changes to the [Tip]s, and the Library needs to be changed!
- Thank you to all the staff, you all had great times for the week! :D
- Post-meeting party for RonaldoSkillz and all the hard work he put into the server! We'll be having a Classic lava style round or two and some other fun things! Join us!

Promotions:
DarkHender continuing trial!
Midnightgirl24 and Elandrir promoted to trial Operators!
Demotions:
--
Warnings:
--

Army of Darkness

Nothing interesting to share to the public

Promotions:
- theCstar has passed their trial
Demotions:
--
Warnings:
--
Adventure & Tournaments

Staff applications are still open, if you have an interest in the server feel free to apply.
Nog is hosting a Mixed Event, click here for more info!

Promotions:
--
Demotions:
--
Warnings:
--​

Infection

Very Very Soon

Promotions:
--
Demotions:
--
Warnings:
--

Trouble In Terrorist Town
TTT map list can now be found here: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/map-list.16769/
A larger rules list is still in the works, coming soon.

Please post your Suggestions in the newly created Sub-forum. From maps to addons, we're open to anything!

Operator Applications are now open, if you wish to apply go here: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/operator-application-format.16850/

Promotions:
--
Demotions:
--
Warnings:
--

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YouWould

Congrats to Batman!

EDIT: I am congratulating someone on working hard and earning a promotion. It would be nice if you would refrain from rating this post and others like it as "Disagree"

Last edited by a moderator:

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, I am not even remotely excited anymore. Its been far too long and with all this "Soon" talk, I bet hardly anything gets done while they work on it.

Does anyone else not feel the same way about this...?
First you guys say it'll be released sometime in July and it's almost September and still no infection. I've almost given up hope on infection ever coming back.
I can promise that tons of progress has been made (and I have seen it first-hand) and that WinX and Mikey are taking their time to make sure that this time around, the server is done right. That is, making Infection complete and with many more features as well as being as bug free as possible. While it's taken quite a while it is on the way in the very near future. I'm sure Mikey and WinX64 can go into more detail if they'd like but it's certainly on the way and it's going to be better than ever.