MEDIEVAL MAFIA: INTRUSION [DAY 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownlee123

Reaction score
std1997 said:
Day 0! yay! First time playing an online Mafia game so this will be interesting to watch/learn, I'm sure it will be a great experience!
So, I was gonna say something like this, but apparently I was beat to it...
Anyway, just want to let you all know I'm a first-timer (but I HAVE played the IRL party game thing mafia, and it looks very similar). So if I do something stupid, which I will, THIS IS THE WARNING.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
brownlee123 Just make sure you read the rules and understood all that :D

///

Anyhow, I was thinking, since we all sort of assume "We won't lynch on Day 0 anyhow":

If we don't lynch on D0, we can't analyse the bandwagons on D1.

E.g.: If a Sariou Soldier gets lynched D0, we can try to look at the bandwagon and figure out who was bussing / who was avoiding the wagon. If a Tralfaye person gets lynched D0, we can try to figure out who was pushing it, etc.

And - as always, every NL = one free kill for scum...

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We cant really trust anything we might get out of analyzing the band wagon on day 0. keep in mind. many people would push for a no lynch, and even if a sariou soldier gets lynched, a lot of people would defend him before the vote, as we have no real evidence.
think about if. even if we do lynch, its more likely than not that we lynch a Tralfaye person, AND then Sariou gets two kills instead of one.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
What is happening in Tralfaye... This place used to be so peaceful and full of happiness. Now we have among us a group of savages. I hope us town make the right decision on voting whoever's guilty for such crime.

Its going to be okay Ansorious Sexyness II. Just keep your eyes opened.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Oh Gods... Tralfaye, a land I had come to to escape the terrors of the Southern Kingdom of Nevandivel.. Not even ONE BLOODY AIRSHIP. NOT ONE. WHAT IS WITH THESE PEOPLE!??!?!?!. And now panic? I don't get this one bit AT. ALL. GODS! TALOS PRESERVE US. PLEASE.

Anyways, I guess I better go talk to these random nutjobs I've been herded near to. I think there's that King fellow... Whoever HE is. Pah! Who needs a King when you can have an Aristocratically Revolutionary Tralfayian Democratically Elected Council of Officials who can save us? (Yes, that spells out Art Deco.) Better start strippin' down those homes so I can build an airship to get us all out of this whackjob kingdom.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Let's just make sure we don't let the discussion get too slow, as Day 0 can have issues with that.

I'm perfectly fine with talking it out, but let's not get noose-happy. (apologies)

nitasu987

Reaction score
I notice that people are saying that killing is a no-no. Back in Nevandivel, Thieves, Scoundrels, and other foul people mugged you on the street and slit your throat regardless. At least I'm here, in this equally disastrous dump of a city.

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
Learning from older mafia games, NL'ing gets the town nowhere on Day 0. Like Alpha said, we want to avoid this topic getting slow but I believe if conversation is flowing someone might trip over their words and say something they might regret.

As for questions, I never have any ideas of what to ask :p

Reaction score
The one they call Otto Bann hails from the North eastern lands in between the black jungle and the frozen death-lands. From the village of Krieg, beset on all side from monstrous invaders and pillagers. Otto ventured out several years ago in search of examples of technology that may help his people. With the recent murders one might lose faith but never a Krieger! With steely resolve any problem could be overcome, including this one.

I would sympathize with starting a discussion but I'm not sure how it would get started. If I were mafia I would just sit in the shade while everyone else pranced about accusing someone or another, and its hard to put the pressure on day 0

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
For some of the newer members, I recommend reading a lot on the MafiaScum.net Wiki. One example would be this http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Beginner's_Guide_to_Being_Awesome_At_Mafia - imho required reading for first-timers.

Moving on, how about a round of questions to get the mental juices flowing? I feel they give a good impression of people, once again especially since we have new players:

---

How experienced are you with Mafia games?

What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?

How suspicious do you deem yourself to be?

---

I'll start:

Quite, been playing both on- and offline since a few years, but generally in a more casual way. Personally I am not into the real competitive, logical edge like it has on EpicMafia, but am more a friend of a psychological approach.

What are your strengths / flaws (What do you think your strengths / flaws could be) in a game of Mafia?
I usually have a good gut feeling and am able to read inbetween lines where others don't see connections. I am usually not that good with logic, and can try to argue against the common sense.

Being an experienced player always makes you suspicious to a sense, since people presume you can easily hide everything. So on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd be a solid 8, simply for that reason.

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
This will be my third Blocktopia mafia game but I've played a few epic mafia games and irl games too.
What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia?
I seem to have a good hunch on people and their roles, but I never fully work on those hunches when I know I should and eventually get misguided at times. So I guess that's a strength and a weakness yay.
I hope by my second post, im not suspicious yet :c. But being someone who has played before, I guess there is a natural suspicion on me.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
When you realise this has started and it's at 3 pages.
Well, hi all! Yeah, I'm alive.

Second forum season, but have played quite a bit on epicmafia.
I don't really know yet, I haven't really figured that out..
Well, this is my first post, so, I don't think I'm very suspicious. Idk.

• Agree
Reactions: digi

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I've played a lot of the mafia forum games, IRC mafia and a bit of Epicmafia.
I can be a bit manipulative. Which can be good for me in some cases.
A weakness would be that once I have the feeling someone is mafia, I tend to see every post he/she makes as mafia-like.
I'm always suspicious, so a lot =P

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com

Um... are you quite alright? Your faces appear really pale...
...Eh? What? Oh! Thank you for mentioning it, I still have yet to introduce myself. Please excuse my lateness!
My name is Sonia Nevermind. It is a pleasure to make your esteemed acquaintance! May we endeavour to maintain a lasting friendship! Good day!

Eh... eh...? The kingdom is about to be destroyed? We have to find the killer?
...It truly is a sad state of affairs.
I have finally made some friends... and now I must be suspicious of them?!
But... I am not at all confident about this.
However, I think if we have to find out the scums, it is the only way... to ensure that everyone survives this ordeal.
I think we should have a nice proper discussion before deciding anything!
Let's work hard together and save the kingdom!

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
^^^ (I mean to say enemies instead of killer. I copied the text from a list of the character quotes, sorry about that.)

I would say this is my second proper mafia game and the fourth game I have played in. My first game I was lynched on Day 0, my second as Dillionsaysrawr's replacement and Jkang's partner, and the previous one The Doomed Cruise.

From my second mafia game I have realised I am quite good at having hunches on who might be anti-town! However my weakness would be that I rarely take risks. Which would include acting on my hunches.

Second post, I'm not sure. Depends on what you think.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I have a decent amount of experience, mainly from EpicMafia.

I'm normally very patient in making a suspicion known, waiting and gathering as much evidence as I can to prove it. I'm pretty good at noticing things others wouldn't, and, when I get it, am the best doctor :D

I normally am found suspicious due to my tendency to defend myself and how I react to things, so I'll bet I will be caught up in suspicion eventually!

FYI, sorry about no roleplay or anything yet, been busy and will have some more proper things later.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Somewhat, I've played in a good amount of Forum Mafia games here, but never got too far (Pro tip: Don't RP as an old prospector whose parents are native american shamans when you're the passenger bodyguard.)
I guess I'm a good Rp'er and I am open to all possibilities.
I don't think I'm that suspicious, but you never know.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I would say probably very experienced given the results of the last game. I've played and hosted many forum games at this point as well as a lot of IRC mafia.

What are your strengths/flaws (What do you think your strengths/flaws could be) in a game of Mafia?
Strengths: I'd say that the way I present my arguments seems to connect with people a lot. I'm also able to remember minor details in games naturally and be able to use them for my advantage. Sometimes I'm also able to 'set up' situations that work in favor for the team I'm on as well.
Flaws: I have difficulty reading emotion in people's posts, sometimes I think I made someone mad where instead they are making a strong argument. I'm also not able to think on my feet that well, whenever I play IRC mafia I tend to have mixed results.

Probably very suspicious already. I don't think I'll make it that far.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Hello, lets try our best to scumhunt this day, so we can get some good stuff to go off of day 1.

How experienced are you with Mafia games? I've been playing mafia on the blocktopia forum for easily over a year. Was a part of Season 3, 3.5, Mafia Lite 1, Season 4, Mafia Lite v2, Season 5, Season 7, Doomed Cruise, and Mafia Lite 4, meaning this is my 10th game of forum mafia. I've played a tad of EpicMafia, but usually end up quiting because, like gmk mentioned, it's not too much about the psychological aspect, which turned me off. I've done a lot of irc mafia, but that's more goofy and just dicking about, so it's not much practice :].

What are your strengths (What do you think your strengths could be) in a game of Mafia? I'm a logical thinker and I cover all bases. I think I play a pretty strong bad guy as of late, also(but I'm good, I swear!).

How suspicious do you deem yourself to be? I think after doomed cruise, I'm not going to be trusted much by the town no matter my actions in the coming times. So very suspicious.

Reactions: Alisha

Pim

Reaction score
Well, I've played alot IRC mafia games, though this will be my first forum one.

Hm... I would say I can think quite logical, making connection between people's posts.
Though I'm sure I will have to change my way of thinking, as it wont be as quick as im used on IRC, giving people much more time to think before posting certain things.

Hard to say now, though there will always be a chance I will look suspicious to others.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Well, I believe I'm getting better. This is my 4th time playing. I think I've learned a lot from these past seasons.

What are your strengths / flaws (What do you think your strengths / flaws could be) in a game of Mafia? Something I've noticed about me is that I usually get right who mafia is. So I'll say my logic is pretty good. My flaw in the other hand it can be my aggresivness. Sometimes I just want something to be done my way I push very hard for it to happen. And that can bite me in the ass.

How suspicious do you deem yourself to be? I don't really know about that. There's always a chance I can be suspicious to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.