[Map] Twister Ranch

(Operator+ only) Do you vote this map should be added?

• (+1) Yes, I think it is ready, and fits nicely in Rituals of Fire.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • (-1) No, I think is could use a bit more work until it is up to scratch.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Im not sure.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
^ The poll is so this can move along faster, and easier. ^
---
Im proud to present my newest map for Rituals of Fire: Twister Ranch.
---
Name of the map: Twister Ranch
---
Creator(s): roboboy777, Rubikird, TheJanHenrik.
---
Size: 100x100
---
Biome: Savanna
---
Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) :

Full album here: Full album
---

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): There are chests located in the house, but they're empty.
---
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Stained glass. Types: Light grey, grey. Panes/blocks
---
Any extra information about your map?: There is a cave, and at the end is one diamond ore. The whole map has been fully /naturalize'd. There are random horses around the map, wandering about.
---
Download link (optional): Lol
---
As always, I hope for some helpful feedback. Thanks!
---

Last edited:

Tamzies

Reaction score
I will type this on my phone, so bare with me. One side of this map is great, the other is just trees and flowers spawned in. It looks nice, but there aren't lots of thing to see or do. I miss the 'I want to play this map now' feeling. The idea is awesome, but it looks like you finnished this map too early in a rush. Maybe add more houses or flying stuff. Something to fix the dull other side. Since now it's a dirtmap with a house a tornado and some flowers and trees. It misses the wow effect and this is just my opinion. The idea is there and one side clearly has potential, but the other one is lacking it. And PS you cannot add ores, they are randomly put in a map, especially diamond. If you want the Diamond there it should be either no-break or no-drop.

Last edited:

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
I will type this on my phone, so bare with me. One side of this map is great, the other is just trees and flowers spawned in. It looks nice, but there aren't lots of thing to see or do. I miss the 'I want to play this map now' feeling. The idea is awesome, but it looks like you finnished this map too early in a rush. Maybe add more houses or flying stuff. Something to fix the dull other side. Since now it's a dirtmap with a house a tornado and some flowers and trees. It misses the wow effect and this is just my opinion. The idea is there and one side clearly has potential, but the other one is lacking it.
Thanks alot, I will make both sides equaly good.

EDIT: Alright, I made the changes and added stables:

Thanks for the suggestion!
Any more would be very welcome!
Thanks!

Last edited:

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I like it. It's a creative idea and I don't think we have something like it. Granted. I'm not a builder person at all. If there was anything that needed to be improved upon or anything of that sort, I wouldn't know. Besides that looks cool and I wouldn't mind playing it is the only help I can give sadly.

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
My goodness! I have never seen a map with a tornado on it! I must say that this is by far the most original thing I have seen in a while. I think this map would offer a great map to play on, and I would love to play on this map.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it all helps alot. I'll tell you where I got the idea from: I got the idea when chrisrocks300 was on BB, and was talking about how there was tornados in his area. So I though, it would be cool to make a tornado... And then it came to me, I should make a RoF map about tornadoes! And so then it happened.

Thanks guys for all the great support. :D

G

Guest35486

This reminds me of that tornado/storm map in classic lava

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
From what I've seen it's an interesting map and I will furthur elaborate. Also would you mind adding a warp to the map, I'd like to furthur look into it from a first person point of view rather then just pictures as it looks like it's on Buildbox.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
While I love the concept of an tornado map, this feels like just another plains map. I do know its in a savanna biome , but this still feels like just another plains map. The tornado does not simply change the feeling of an plains biome enough. A much larger tornado could help quite a bit. having an diamond in a fixed spot is quite OP in my opinion. Also do you want the glass blocks to be no drop or no break? If you want the glass to be no break I would not like that because messing with/building in the tornado could be quite fun. With that said at the maps current state, I don't feel this is ready for RoF at this point. However if you do what I say It may be much better

• Thank You
Reactions: Robo

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Personally not too sure about this, it seems like the classic "few houses and grass oh and let's chuck in a river" map to me. Maybe try making it a bit different, add something in that we haven't seen before (which I will admit is hard to do). Must admit though, the twister is pretty cool. But I wouldn't personally see it as enough to be added.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Personally not too sure about this, it seems like the classic "few houses and grass oh and let's chuck in a river" map to me. Maybe try making it a bit different, add something in that we haven't seen before (which I will admit is hard to do). Must admit though, the twister is pretty cool. But I wouldn't personally see it as enough to be added.
Alright, give me some time, and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Alright, I spent like... 2 hours photoshopping this (I stink at photoshop, and I was trying different things). So, heres what I added:

------
As you may see in the picture, I added
(Thank you Cooliorules for reminding me to do this)
  1. Wagon.
  2. Well.
  3. Stone path.
  4. Porch chairs.
~
  • Swapped diamond at the end of the cave, with iron. (Thanks, WiiGoGetter.)
  • And, I wanted the glass no-drop, Im worried that players will gain too much grey stained glass.
~

I hope this will suffice. I took all you're guys' suggestions.
At this point, I believe the map is finished. BUT, if you have something that you think is still out of place, or could be added, please, let me know.
Other than that, I will be expecting a controller+, to step in for the final decision. When they're ready for the map, of coarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.