Map Report Thread

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Map name: Sword Base
Suggested improvement: complete thee adminium box around the outside, there is a hole in the bottom wich makes escaping possible

EDIT: and on sword base there is a chance that you'll spawn on the roof when you enter the portal

Reactions: Pikmon2

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Map Name: Ascent
Suggested Improvement: The map ends too early for the Red Team due to a track issue. This track issue is located at the previous point where Red Team's track was not complete allowing them to complete the map much faster than Blue team.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Re-apply the 'OB' property to all blocks of rail.

Suggested Improvement: The spawns tend to suffocate people
Suggested Way to Fix It: Adjust spawns to be on centres of blocks or make the spawn areas larger and less confined

Map Name: Treasure
Suggested Improvement: One side of the map is both flammable and destructible
Suggested Way to Fix It: Fix the zones

Map Name: Suntemple
Suggested Improvement: The slabs are not OB'd and the spawns are not given spawn regions.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Apply five zones to each team (however the spawns are not rectangular, may need more) and apply OB to all forms of slab:quartz

Map Name: PortHamlet
Suggested Improvement: People are able to camp in the buildings with only one way in, of which they TNT all the time (it is a 2x1 doorway so it is the only way in and it's blocked)
Suggested Way to Fix It: UnOB the houses

Suggested Improvement: The pond is a death trap. For one swimming up takes forever and for two you cannot place anything inside the water.
Suggested Way to Fix It: UnOB the water and put the actual still water on all laters underneath the surface, rather than have it be flowing water

Map Name: Subterranean
Suggested Improvement: Despite red getting so far in the payload race, the blue team can pull a victory.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Not sure the cause. Has happened twice with red at ~98%. Alternatively the track needs to be ob'd.

Map Name: Campground
Suggested Improvement: Ladders are floating in the air
Suggested Way to Fix It: OB the Ladders & the Logs that they rest on at four points in the map.

Map Name: Egypt
Suggested Improvement: Biome should be desert
Suggested Way to Fix It: Use //setbiome desert

Suggested Improvement: Biome should be completely forest
Suggested Way to Fix It: Use //setbiome forest repeatedly to catch areas not included due to WorldEdit bugs

Map Name: Gunships
Suggested Improvement: Biome should be completely sky
Suggested Way to Fix It: Use //setbiome sky repeatedly to catch areas not included due to WorldEdit bugs

• Informative
Reactions: Pikmon2

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Suggested Improvement: Increased round time, with solid defense and strategy by both teams it takes too long to get it to the end that the round allots.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Increase round time by 5 minutes.

Map Name: TwoTowers
Suggested Improvement: You can't build on bottom bedrock layer, or on most bedrock it seems.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Make zoning more specific on bottom of map, and see if any flags are blocking building.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Suggested Improvement: The map ends too early for the Red Team due to a track issue. This track issue is located at the previous point where Red Team's track was not complete allowing them to complete the map much faster than Blue team.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Re-apply the 'OB' property to all blocks of rail.
Done

Suggested Improvement: The spawns tend to suffocate people
Suggested Way to Fix It: Adjust spawns to be on centres of blocks or make the spawn areas larger and less confined
Centred the spawns, if this doesn't work I will make the spawn areas larger.

Map Name: Treasure
Suggested Improvement: One side of the map is both flammable and destructible
Suggested Way to Fix It: Fix the zones
Definitely indestructible now, hopefully inflammable also.

Map Name: Subterranean
Suggested Improvement: Despite red getting so far in the payload race, the blue team can pull a victory.
Suggested Way to Fix It: Not sure the cause. Has happened twice with red at ~98%. Alternatively the track needs to be ob'd.
I ob'd the track, will keep an eye on the map and see what happens next time it's played.

Map Name: Campground
Suggested Improvement: Ladders are floating in the air
Suggested Way to Fix It: OB the Ladders & the Logs that they rest on at four points in the map.
All sorted.

Map Name: Egypt
Suggested Improvement: Biome should be desert
Suggested Way to Fix It: Use //setbiome desert
Done.

Suggested Improvement: Biome should be completely forest
Suggested Way to Fix It: Use //setbiome forest repeatedly to catch areas not included due to WorldEdit bugs
Done.

Map Name: Gunships
Suggested Improvement: Biome should be completely sky
Suggested Way to Fix It: Use //setbiome sky repeatedly to catch areas not included due to WorldEdit bugs
Done.

Regarding changes to PortHamlet I will speak to Stieben to see what he wants done with it.

Reactions: hihihilolHI

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Map Name: Hills
Suggested Improvement: Map symmetry design
Suggested Way to Fix It: The ramp at the coordinates 47 22 26 does not have the same design as the ramp on 81 20 34. One of the ramps has only a single block to get up for the last jump whilst the other has a proper gradient.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Map Name: Osiris
Suggested Improvement: Stop players from accessing the roof
Suggested way to fix it: Add glass over all open areas, or re-texture a block to be invisible to stop player accessing the roof.

The roof is easily accessable via 3 grenade throws.
http://imgur.com/a/bj1lW

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Map Name: Osiris
Suggested Improvement: Stop players from accessing the roof
Suggested way to fix it: Add glass over all open areas, or re-texture a block to be invisible to stop player accessing the roof.

The roof is easily accessable via 3 grenade throws.
http://imgur.com/a/bj1lW
There has been some talk about whether to keep this route accessible or to remove the possibility to access the roof and we haven't yet come to any conclusions, but we will be sure to look at it again and make any changes needed.

Reaction score
Map Name: Slaughter Courtyard (KOTH)
Suggested Improvement: Op all the blocks within a 10 block radius of the KOTH Point
Suggested way to fix it: Op all the blocks within a 10 block radius of the KOTH point.

Reaction score
Map Name: 2Fort
Suggested Improvement: Make the blocks at the bottom of the map indesructable
Suggested way to fix it: Turn them into OP blocks.

Suggested Improvement: Fix the pressure pads to work for all players.
Suggested way to fix it: (If this is possible I think I know why) change the pressure pads from OP ones to normal ones.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Map Name: Slaughter Courtyard (KOTH)
Suggested Improvement: Op all the blocks within a 10 block radius of the KOTH Point
Suggested way to fix it: Op all the blocks within a 10 block radius of the KOTH point.
Fixed!

Suggested Improvement: Make the blocks at the bottom of the map indesructable
Suggested way to fix it: Turn them into OP blocks.

Suggested Improvement: Fix the pressure pads to work for all players.
Suggested way to fix it: (If this is possible I think I know why) change the pressure pads from OP ones to normal ones.

All blocks are now ob. However, I do not know of the pads you are talking about - we had already removed all pads prior to testing the map aaand I just searched it again but could not find any. Thanks anyways for the report!

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Yes raxo, although the map wasn't up to standard the idea was good so I edited it and we have thrown it in, it still needs some changes but it's working pretty well.

Map Name: 4Clan
Suggested way to fix it: Allow the Placement of TNT (And other weapons) in TallGrass.
Will do this soon.

EDIT: Sorted

Reactions: Notme

Celebrir

Reaction score
Format:
Map Name: Blastcanyon
Suggested Improvement:
Suggested way to fix it: Disable the KOTH being destroyable by cannons.

Celebrir

Reaction score
map: TheGloryEdge
issue: I get a horrible FPS drop on the map. As fancy as the Portal in the middle of the map is, I would enjoy playing w/o it more.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Map: Treasure
Issue: Jumppads don't shoot high enough
Jumppads: 4 times twice at each side
They work. Try aiming yourself at where you want to go, but slant it so you hit both jumppads. Then turn and aim fully at where you want to go.

My trick to get up here are jumå sprinting, and jumping in the middle of the two pads, not completely sure how pads work, but this seems to work.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Format:
Map Name: Blastcanyon
Suggested Improvement:
Suggested way to fix it: Disable the KOTH being destroyable by cannons.

Should be fixed now.

Map: Treasure
Issue: Jumppads don't shoot high enough
Jumppads: 4 times twice at each side
They work. Try aiming yourself at where you want to go, but slant it so you hit both jumppads. Then turn and aim fully at where you want to go.

My trick to get up here are jumå sprinting, and jumping in the middle of the two pads, not completely sure how pads work, but this seems to work.
When you create a jumppad, you can set it's power ranging from 1 - 5 (including decimals). If there are two side-by-side, much like the ones on Treasure, you can use the power of both by stepping over each one. However for simplicity sake, I have increased the power so this no longer is a problem. :)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Map Name: Green Arches
Suggested Improvement: Fix being able to jump off the map
Suggested way to fix it: its been done on other maps already i think