Map Making Competition! V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEGOMAN2134

Reaction score
Cant wait to blow up the wall with tnt.
Also is it villagers to simulate the people of rohan?
why not! he he now that wall is by the chests :eek: i should rethink that wall
i guess i could just have a random explosion
i'm not saying these features will be in but if the people want it i must provide

Guinessis

Reaction score
One last request for all of our BuildBox users out there.

Currently Matt plans to export all of the submitted cubicles (thanks!) after the competition ends. If you post your submission before the deadline, please create a warp and let us know the warp title. That way we can get a head start on reviewing the maps and get a few good first looks at your creations. Thanks!

Guinessis

Reaction score
Results will not be immediate unfortunately. Each staff members will have to weigh in on the maps, each map will have to be exported as a schematic and appropriately placed in their own world files, config files will have to be tweaked to ensure that they work properly, etc. Getting everyone on the same page takes a bit of time, and a lot of work is necessary to ensure that each map works properly.

The optimist in me wants to say it will take a week tops. The pessimist in me realizes that I'll be out of town for the majority of next week at a very important (for me anyway) conference shaking hands and talking shop, and the odds of me being able to give each map the attention it needs before I have to leave town for the 100th time is low.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on the overall process, but I cannot guarantee that it'll be as fast as you'd like.

For now, use the extra week as time to tweak and tailor your maps as I see a lot of you have already done. Best of luck!

radman573

Reaction score
Well, then end the contest with the current submissions and have another one in a few weeks. This is really hindering the implication process into AoD because everyone is waiting for their map to be judged instead of having it put into the game. I really want to make more maps, but my current submission has been sitting in my cube for the past month, so I am unable to do that. (I already tried making a map in SP, didn't work so well XD)

Guinessis

Reaction score
If you are finished, it may be possible to export your current cubicle as a schematic. You won't be able to make any additional changes after this point, but you'll be able to reset your cubicle. Just contact a BB controller/admin and ask for your cubicle to be exported, wait a day for it to show up in the schematics list, and I'll verify that it was exported correctly before you reset the cubicle.

• Useful
Reactions: radman573

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you are finished, it may be possible to export your current cubicle as a schematic. You won't be able to make any additional changes after this point, but you'll be able to reset your cubicle. Just contact a BB controller/admin and ask for your cubicle to be exported, wait a day for it to show up in the schematics list, and I'll verify that it was exported correctly before you reset the cubicle.
So, ask Matt then?

Sploorky

Reaction score
Can you still join to this? C:
Read the date of the last post, and you will see it ended half a year ago =P. Also check the date of the last post to see that the thread has been dead for the past half year, and posting in a thread that hasn't been responded to for more than a month is considering necroposting(unless you're adding something useful to the topic at hand.) I'm not going to warn you for this right now, but please remember in the future to look at the dates of the posts, and avoid necroposting! You can read some of our other rules here(http://blocktopia.net/forum/help/terms). Thanks!

Closed for good measure.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.