Map Making Competition! V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score

Rejoice Rejoice! The second map making competition has now started!

That's right! You can get cool new shiz to show off in-game!

What cool new shiz can I get do I hear you ask?
Well, that depends on well you do. Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, as voted by our glamourous staff members!

1st Place will receive the following:

A Custom Title!
Custom Connect and Disconnect Messages!
5000 Brains!
A Rank-Up!

2nd Place will receive:

A Custom Title!
5000 Points!
A Rank-Up!

Aaaand 3rd Place will recieve:

A Custom Title!
5000 Points!

(These are negotiable if you already have a title etc. So if you won the last competition, feel free to submit again!)

How do I enter I hear you ask?

Simples. Just create a map, submit it on our map submission forums and include in the thread that you wish for it to be entered in the competition!

What are we looking for?

Well, this time round, we are especially searching for unique maps. Ones which redefine what AoD is, creating different gameplay styles such as that seen in Abyss, ExplosiveArena and Buildbox. However, you will also be judged upon how balanced for AoD gameplay your map is, among other aspects such as aesthetics.

Seems Great? How long have you got?

You have 3 weeks to submit your map, meaning that the deadline for submissions for the competition will be 7th September.

Anything Else?

Just keep in mind that all maps submitted will still be eligible to be accepted into the map rotation even if it does not win. If you have any questions regarding the competition, be it things such as where to put it or even how to upload the file, please feel free to contact me (Baker93), or any of our staff in-game, on IRC or via forums.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Looking forward to some crazy and amazing builds! Good luck everyone!

EDIT: As a warning to all of our potential contestants. The map must be original. No downloading a map from someone else and claiming credit. If you want to work with other folks and determine beforehand who gets the prize that's fine, but taking credit for other people's work is a bad move.

Reaction score
I will maybe make a map for the contest. Also can a friend help or no ? If a friend could help I would be happy but I can do it by myself.

Guinessis

Reaction score
So far you are the only official submission. Last time we hosted a competition most folks waited until the last few days to post, with a grand total of around 10 submissions.

For map feedback, people are welcome to post feedback and comments. However people judging the competition will withhold official feedback until the end of the competition.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So far you are the only official submission. Last time we hosted a competition most folks waited until the last few days to post, with a grand total of around 10 submissions.

For map feedback, people are welcome to post feedback and comments. However people judging the competition will withhold official feedback until the end of the competition.
Are you one of the judgers?

radman573

Reaction score

Thanks for the info :D
Good luck to other peeps when they enter :D

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Question! Are we able to create more than 1 map for the competition. Like we submit two maps both for the competition. Is this acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.