Map Flaws/Improvement Thread

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I noticed most servers have this thread except for lava survival. (if there is? dont sue me) This thread is to report any issues which involved in any maps where the directors not know of. Ill update the original post regularly.

Report format:
Map name:
Issues:
Example/Proof: (provide a picture if possible or chat logs, players witness is possible too)
Method to fix: (Optional)

Map name: cloverleaf
Issues: timer doesnt work.
Example/Proof: unknown.

Map name: mirror
Issues: map isn't completely flooded
Example/Proof: unknown

Map name: ritual[Fixed]
Issues: lava starts early
Example/Proof: Suikae said it happened before

Map name: mob_dungeon[Fixed]

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
I don't know if directors know these, but hey...
~On cloverleaf, the timers go all wonky and the lava doesn't come out.
~On mirror(not sure if it's either mirror, or mirrors..)the lava doesn't always flood the whole map- I'm not sure if this is a real problem though

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
There is no edit button for mobile version of xenforo so ill edit them at the end of the week.

Edit: it seens i cant edit older post...

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Ritual - Sometimes the map floods before the lava is released. The round this happened on people were trying to get up to the timer, so it may just be that they kept pillaring onto the timer, but Suikae said it happened before.

mob_dungeon - Same thing as ritual. Lava started flowing early, luckily I saved the world in time.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Map name: mirror
Issues: map isn't completely flooded
Example/Proof: unknown
It fully flooded when I queued it. If it happens again I'll add another timer and see if that fixes it. The lava will slow down based on how many blocks it has to burn, which is why for example, furious lava on deep_trench doesn't get 10 feet.

Map name: cloverleaf
Issues: timer doesnt work.
Worked when I tested it. Someone might've destroyed the lava source with a sponge. If it happens again I'll add more op_lair just to be safe.

Map name: ritual
Example/Proof: Suikae said it happened before

Map name: mob_dungeon
I have absolutely no clue why this happened :confused:

The lava should only release early if the blocks next to the lava sources are touched or modified. Seeing as the lava source and blocks around it can only be touched be staff.... I dunno.

I queued ritual and it didn't flood early. Sometimes these things are just one off.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
When Ritual, Cloverleaf, and Mob_Dungeon released lava early -- Was the lava "active_lava" or "active_hot_lava"?
I do remember seeing active_lava being released early on each of these maps before.

Sploorky

Reaction score
When Ritual, Cloverleaf, and Mob_Dungeon released lava early -- Was the lava "active_lava" or "active_hot_lava"?
I do remember seeing active_lava being released early on each of these maps before.
When the lava is supposed to be released, all the active_lava will turn into active_hot_lava or active_cold_water. If it's released early, it'll be active_lava, because it wasn't scheduled to change.

ON THE PLUS SIDE.

I managed to find a way to release the lava early on one map. I'll fiddle with the other maps and see if I can find anyway to start it early.

EDIT-ritual and mob_dungeon should be impossible for players to release lava early on now. Sooo fixed.