Mafia Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
And another thing, I noticed how in some cases you guys would ask me or JK to make a lengthy post. What I noticed is that both of us are willing to look back on previous days and come up with evidence based on reactions to roles we already know.

Guys, one of the most important things in mafia is to put trust in yourself over trust in other people. Don't be afraid to post what YOU think, rather than agree with what someone else thinks. Sure, you may be put in the hot seat, but explaining your rationale will help even if you die.

I was a bit sad that you guys didn't find that I identified JKang as civilian, with no civilian roles left. But that's a little deal, the important thing is that it can be used as evidence later, when my role is 100% revealed after death. It's an example of the rationale possibly being useful later.

(Also I think I've survived the longest as cop, and didn't get killed by HarmakPaul or taken out by a Contact)

• Useful
Reactions: JKangaroo

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Wow what a great game! I wish I lived longer but any who, it was a great game to watch. I must say good work Jkangaroo, you did a great job and digitalmez, If I read correctly you did get a lot of saves in the nights.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I figured out that Jk was godfather not based on the roles that were left but based on how fast after my lynch the night went. If Musta was actually paying much attention, it would have been guaranteed that the night would have lasted longer.

Also, after I figured it out, I chuckled when I reread this...
Good luck JK!

...because I was unknowingly wishing luck to the mafia because all the people I didn't trust as much anymore were the ones that lynched me with no time to defend myself while I was playin' UHC.

Gg guys, Hopefully next time I won't get lynched without having a chance of defendin' myself! :D

storm886

Reaction score
Great game guys! Notty and I were right about balloon being mafia. You go notty! In the end though, it was in the back of my mind that jkang could be the godfather, but I think you guys did the right thing by voting off mustabear. That's what I would have done. Who knows, maybe musta forgot about the thread altogether. Also, I have to agree with the others; I think voting off harmakpaul was too quick and there wasn't enough justification. I would like to congratulate jkang on a game well played! I would also like to recognize mariosatr and alpha for a job well done. This was my first game of mafia and I look forward to using my new skills in Mafia Season 7!!!!

And to carry on the tradition from season 5....

Who played their role to max effect: Alpha: He did a superb job as cop.
Who was the most effective in a short amount of time: Alpha: ^
Who was the unluckiest: Marnixxie: He was first off, and he was mafia.
Who did the worst job: Mustabear: He wasn't active, and he was an elite civilian.
Who deserves a medal for leaving the greatest lasting impact: Alpha: From what I understand (this being my first season), he was one of the longest lasting cops ever. And from my viewpoint, he did an excellent job!

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Alpha102 I only kept asking you on what to do so that you might have trusted me a bit since I would look to you for our next move :p
Also its kinda ironic alpha on the first night everyone wanted to vote you off but I said its unfair to kill off the new players at the beginning and that we should let you play and sure enough I made the worst possible decision!

I think I played well I ended up finding every good power role (doctor vig mayor elite civillian) so I thought I did a pretty good job.

Also JKangaroo Great job you did it!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Well I must thank you for letting me play balloon, as I really enjoyed the time I was able to. Shame I felt the need to investigate you though.
Night 1: I investigated HarmakPaul first because she has a habit of not getting voted out in mafia(admittedly a bit of metagaming).

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Night 2 I ended up investigating hockeyfan due to the clash between him and defiant, and I would know more about defiant. I found that hockeyfan was the civilian and targeted by the lyncher. Which defiant immediately claimed.

I didn't expect balloon to call me out for defending defiant, so I decided to reveal myself and start using logic more. Before that point I went with an under the radar approach which paid off and let me slip one investigation in. After I revealed myself I made sure to really up my game.

Night 3 I investigated JKangaroo as he stopped talking when I started, making me suspicious. Him being confirmed as civilian didn't make me confident in his role.

Then I get storm killed.(sorry)

Night 4 I investigated balloon, found out that he was the contact, and immediately had to come up with a game plan, I was a bit worried as I feared that the lynch on storm would make people reluctant to vote with me.

Night 5 I investigated mustabear and found out the role of elite civilian. Then I died. Meh.

On to the future: I have gotten multiple compliments from people (nottykitten and marnixxie) from my work on Seasons 1-4. That inspired me to speak to road, and confirm that I will be hosting Blocktopia Mafia Season 7.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm working that part out, I have a few ideas for when. Right now I want to let everyone know that Road still intends to host after me, but I think that for the future we should devise a system for mafia hosting, so that we can improve communication all around.

I'm going to notify Prizyms of this as I recall him hosting the mafia lite series.

And anyone who has an interest on hosting should speak up as well.

Reaction score
On to the future: I have gotten multiple compliments from people (nottykitten and marnixxie) from my work on Seasons 1-4. That inspired me to speak to road, and confirm that I will be hosting Blocktopia Mafia Season 7.
Because I am a very petty person I would like to say that this was with my permission.:p

Reaction score
Overall I want to say this season went over very well, inactivity was a bit of a problem but it went well enough over all. I will be signing up for a slot next season. 1 piece of advice, don't be so shy with voting a stagnate game is less fun than a lost game!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
That gives me an idea, what about a signup system for mafia host? I do want to be considerate of prizyms as he has hosted mafia lite for some time though.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
And one last thing to JKangaroo
Did you pick you pick Digi by luck or did you actually predict what she was going to do? :0 Eh, because it would be smart to recognise that Digi is kind and felt guilty for always protecting herself at the start so she would much rather had chose the other person. Atleast, that's why I thought you would have done it. Like I said - NEVER TRUST YOU AND YOUR LENGTHY POSTS!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Not to steal any thunder, but unless something else on the forum pops up I will start the Season 7 signup thread on June 20th. I will not say the exact time, except that I will take in the fact that people live in vastly different timezones into consideration.

It boasts an(updated since then) rule list from season 4, and takes into account the evolution of mafia since then.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
And one last thing to JKangaroo
Did you pick you pick Digi by luck or did you actually predict what she was going to do? :0 Eh, because it would be smart to recognise that Digi is kind and felt guilty for always protecting herself at the start so she would much rather had chose the other person. Atleast, that's why I thought you would have done it. Like I said - NEVER TRUST YOU AND YOUR LENGTHY POSTS!
Here's my exact quote during that night:
Erg.
I want to attack mario again, but seeing the past few nights---
How do I not know if Digi will save him again?

I could go for Digi instead, but what if she notices that her doctoring skills saved mario the past few nights and that I probably wouldn't vote for him again because of that and then saves herself instead.

Darn you WIFOM *shakes fist*

I...
I don't want to choose road. D:
It's too difficult to decide!
If only I was a telepath...
I, I think i'll will take a chance:
I don't know if this is right or not, but If I'm wrong, and digi does save my target, lets just end the game there, cause we don't need that final lynch. ;)

With all my power being the leader of the Mafia,
I, the Godfather will... will...

Will vote to kill off digitalmez the doctor using everything I've got left.

I attacked Mario twice, but digi decided to save him on both occasions.
I didn't know whether or not digi would save him again, or save herself on the final night, so it was really just a 50-50 chance to me...
...But now that you mention that, that idea actually sounds really reasonable and if I thought of that I might've just gone ahead and picked digi without the nervousness ^-^
So... really just luck I guess.
I didn't expect to win xD.
I want to play again.
JK well done! :D
I'm not evil anymore? :D
\o/

• Love
Reactions: digi
Reaction score
An interesting tidbit, where I live JK sent me his final kill shot at about 1:30 AM, digitalmez requested to change her target at 3:00 AM... Don't you just love behind the scenes?

• Informative
Reactions: digi
Status
Not open for further replies.