Mafia Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Blocktopia Mafia Season 5

Globberous-van-zan-zerbous(or Zerbous for short) is a mine that runs through a mountain, and it is rapidly becoming an underground destination for people who are dedicated to mining diamonds. Recently a new ore was discovered with highly experimental properties called phlebotinum, which amazes and excites inventors and scholars to no end. The opening day for the settlement is rapidly approaching, several key figures will be there to commemorate the occasion.

How to Play

The people who sign up for a mafia game are given a role in a private message. Do not share the message.
Many roles have additional properties that will be covered later.
There are three factions in this mafia game.
Town-They aim to eliminate mafia members and others. Lynching during the in-game day is their most powerful asset. The town wins when all the Mafia members and some anti-town 3rd party members are dead.
Mafia-The mafia aims to equal their numbers with the rest of the Town-sided players left, and all non-town sided threats to them.(E.X. Serial Killer).They target one player each in-game night to kill.
3rd Party-These are usually players that are by themselves. 3rd party roles have been regarded as very skill based roles, due to the players with these roles typically having no allies. Their win conditions will vary.
Reminder: Multiple parties are able to win together provided they each meet their respective win conditions.
Mafia is played in two phases, day and night.
Day
In the daytime all players are able to select who to vote off, and when a majority has decided on a single person, that person will be lynched and out of the game. The killed person will have their role revealed and have a last statement to the remaining players.(With exception)
Night
Mafia members will be able to PM each other and decide on ONE person to eliminate from the game. When a decision is reached they will PM the host(Alpha102 for this game), saying which player to target and which member of the mafia will carry out that target. Certain power roles also have the ability to PM the host with a decision according to what they can do.

Role List

Civilian
Victory conditions: 1. The Serial killer is eliminated
2. The Mafia faction is eliminated
Defeat conditions: 1. You are eliminated
2. The mafia faction accounts for half of all players
Description: A civilian has no role abilities and simply wants to see the town succeed. Vote off suspicious people during the day and try to eliminate the mafia and the serial killer

Mayor
Daytime abilities: You have two votes at your disposal per day
Description: Almost an average civilian but your a little more well known for your wisdom and experience, and your word (and vote) carries a little more weight to show for it.

Detective
Night time abilities: You may investigate one person per night, revealing their role to you
Description: A more observational member of the community, the detective has the resources to, through some means or others, find out more about people. The detective can find out the role of one person every night.

Vigilante
Night time abilities: You may eliminate one person at night, you can abstain
Description: A more proactive villager recognizes the need for action, once a night the vigilante will stalk the town and deliver what can be called an honest attempt at justice.

Elite Civilian
Special conditions: You have one extra life at night
Description: The Elite civilian has been luckier in life and a lot richer, so rich in fact that the elite civilian can afford extremely well made armor composed of the finest materials.

Doctor
Night time abilities: You may save one person at night from elimination
Description: With a background in medical practices from pharmaceuticals to advanced trauma surgery, the doctor can save anyone from death given they survive long enough to get to him...

Godfather
Victory conditions: The Mafia faction accounts for half of all players
Defeat conditions: You are eliminated
Special conditions: If investigated you appear to be a civilian
Night time abilities: 1. The Mafia faction may eliminate one player at night, you can abstain
2. You have the final say in who is eliminated by the mafia
Day time abilities: You have two votes at your disposal per day
Description: With a long time of service to the mafia, the godfather has risen through the ranks and taken command of his own crew. With a scheme in mind his followers have moved into the city with intent to take control and is willing to do anything needed.

Contact
Victory conditions: The Mafia faction accounts for half of all players
Night time abilities: 1. The Mafia faction may eliminate one person per night, you may abstain
2. You may investigate one person per night
Description: Some blackmail here, some greased palms there, the contact is the mafias scout. With information so vital to the mafias cause it is no wonder an individual such as the contact was chosen to be amongst those to enter the city.

Serial killer
Victory conditions: Eliminate all players
Special Conditions: You have one extra life at night
Night time abilities: You may eliminate one person at night, you may abstain
Description: Not much is known about the serial killer due to the variation in cause. Some are extremely driven megalomaniacs with intent to steal this city from both the mafia and the town, others are deeply disturbed psychopathy, operating under insane logic and intent to kill. One thing people can count on is the danger, they may have advanced armor and highly advanced weapons, others may have booby-trapped sancutaries and specialy developed tools.

Fan-boy
Victory conditions: The Idol survives
Defeat conditions: The Idol is eliminated
Special conditions: You may win even if eliminated
Description: A true devotee to their idol, this person is willing to do anything to protect someone as special as they have found. Even if it costs them their lives...

Lyncher
Victory conditions: Your rival is lynched
Defeat conditions: 1. The rival is eliminated at night
2. The rival survives
Special conditions: You may win even if eliminated
Description: Anger has consumed the lyncher and he is willing to do anything to knock this guy down a peg. The lyncher has gone over the situation time and time again wants it to go down perfect.
--
Mechanics

I will assign roles using random.org.
If I find a day period is becoming stagnant with few or none people talking, or night roles are not sent to me quickly during a night period, I will ping people that have not spoken in the last 48 hours in the thread and tell them to say something within 24 hours. PMs. If they do not resume participating in 24 hours, I will replace you or remove you, depending on if alternates are available.
The old 'Highest lynch number in 24 hours' rule will only be used as an absolute last resort. Seriously, don't let that rule happen.
If the host or the mafia moderator says that you have a majority vote against you, do not talk anymore. This is to prevent psuedo-last statements.

Forum Rules

Be respectful and polite.
ONLY sign up if you think you are able to commit to a game of Mafia. These can take a long time to finish.
Do NOT talk about the game anywhere else.
Be active! Promote discussion! Make the game interesting for everyone!
You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead to prevent information hiding.
After you have died and made a last statement, do NOT post in the thread until the game is over. If you are not in the game, please do not post.
If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
Do not rate posts(ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia.
You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
----
How to vote properly:
BOLD your vote when you vote during a day period, and type the person's FULL NAME. This is to prevent vote confusion, and makes the host's job a lot easier, and significantly reduces the chances of error. Any vote posts not following this rule will not count. The same applies for Abstain and No Lynch.
If you want to remove a vote, make sure to bold your vote removal.
----
NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game, your post removed with no chance of alternates replacing you.
Abstains and No-lynch
If you abstain, that shows that you do not count in the vote and you are not factored into the total player count.
Ex. 20 people playing, 6 abstain
Normally it would be a majority (11/20) of the total players, but with 6 abstains it only requires 8 to lynch. (8/14)
No-Lynch-If you do not want to lynch anyone that night. You are still factored into the total players.

Reaction score
As an influx of settlers swelled the population Zerbous awaited its first offical holiday, Commemoration day.
People scurried about preparing for the great day that lay ahead of them, immigrants waited in line for admitance
while the mayor rehearsed a speach commending the new township for its hard work and optimistic future. A scientist
placed the finishing touches on an easily presentable experiment to show some of the new properties of phlebotinum
and the merchants who had grown rich on the success of the town smiled at the new civilians who would eventually
come to the mines. But among the new comers where a single squad of the infamous mafia! They had come with their
leader whose plots could be described as madly ambitious or briliant, depending on the audience. As the PA system
announced midnight many outsiders relaxed in their quarters but several figures moved amongst the shadows careful
to avoid the watchful eye of the cameras in the corridors. One of these a figures moved to a labrotory and picked
the lock on the steel door, inside a single scientist hopped about. The lone marsupial sipped on a mug of coffee as
a sample of mysterious rocky crystal as it was suspended in the air while surrounded by a ring of brightly glowing
redstone. The unfortuante kangaroo had no idea what was to happen as a behind him a bony hand grabbed his head and
shoved foward into the experiment! As fear gripped him he screamed as he was forced face first into the
phlebotinum, the last thought that went through his head was a the feeling of comfort in the knowledge that his
death would lead to learning about the new ore. Meanwhile in the gaurds barracks, a lone detective sat at duty with
a plate of birthday cake and a fork. An audio output connected to the science labs artifical intelligence
congraulated the officer on his birthday "Its too bad that you have to work the late shift on your birthday but you
know what they say when you got a plate of cake on your birthday nothing can go wrong" as soon as the machine had
said this a micro brownout flashed the lights for a moment. The detective quickly zoomed in on the only scientist
and after staring at his charred remains for a minute he bolted up, his cake spilling on the console and while he
grabbed his service arm from the desk he ran out of the office! "where are you going?" questioned the AI, but the
detective quickly called back "The cake is a lie!" Two figures creept forward through the shadows hiding behind a
crate waiting for a camera to pivot when suddenly the detective sprinted past! While momentarily confused the
quickly moved past the camera onward to their mission into the habitat block B. They worked quickly and broke the
lock. Moving forward into the home they stared at all the odd poster designs and massive boxes that littered the
home. They located the bedroom quietly and set up their cargo, TNT and redstone wire, than left as non chalantly as
possible. Jolteon woke up suddenly in the night with a letter stuck to his head, his tounge coated in envelope
glue. He got up from his desk and turned the door knob. As the detective looked at the burnt face of JKangaroo he
heard a great big blast "This just gets better and better!" He hurried toward the habitat area as crowds grew near,
not wanting to start a panic. As people trickled toward the burnt remains of Jolteons home half burnt fliers
litered the corridor. COME TO THE NEW FAN CLUB, they said though that would never happen it seems. Only one person
walked away from the habitat block, muttering aloud as the labortory grew nearer. Alarmed from the smell in the air
and the fact the door was open a deeply angered individual walked into the lab and spied the cooked object of his
passionate hatred "NO! THIS ISN'T HOW THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! KNOW EVERYONE WILL JUST THINK HES A VICTIM AND
NEVER KNOW HOW HE TRUELY WAS! DAMN IT! YARGHH" In the maifa headquarters, things were different. As the sounds of
cracking knuckles pierced the sounds of sobbing, "just please! tell me what you want!" "I want you to talk, tell me
everything..." The god father placed a replica of the mayors security card into the reader than snuck into the
office. Cracking open the casing on the mayors PA input system the godfather spliced just the right wires and
attached a special circut to it, than pressed the talk button. In the corridor people demanded answers from the
detective while security bots maintained a perimiter around the scourched door, the mayor spoke to the crowd
through the PA system "Citizens, please keep calm but I have some bad news it would seem against all odds the gates
to the outside have been jammed and will not open despite our best efforts, also the redstone line to the near by
towns have been severed from the outside robbing us of all communication to the outside world. As the sun dawned on
commeration day people eyed each other with paranoia and suspicion...
It is now day 1

Jolteon was the fanboy and has been killed!
JKangaroo was a civilian and the rival!
The lyncher was defeated!

The settlement of Zerbous is now sealed!

Note- the lyncher has been defeated but may continue to play as s/he sees fit

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
damn two power roles in one night. So the Mafia for this round are people who are experienced and they know the JK and jolteon were both very experienced players both being powerful at that. But first has the detective found anything out?

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That's a good question. So you aren't the detective, then?
Is it really necessary to determine who the detective is? After all they are one of our greatest assets in working out who the members of the mafia and serial killer are, having the detective reveal themselves now wouldn't be very smart, especially this early in the game.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to determine who the detective is? After all they are one of our greatest assets in working out who the members of the mafia and serial killer are, having the detective reveal themselves now wouldn't be very smart, especially this early in the game.
We do have a doctor, remember? Then again, if the detective reveals himself, it will only take one lucky kill to take out the doctor, and they're both dead.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Old_Man_Oak_63 Well, I sorta think so. If the detective reveals himself, the doctor can keep saving him from the mafia.
True but that makes him reliant upon another role, which is a very precarious situation, especially if the doctor is found out in which case we lose two of our strongest assets. At the very start of this is not the way to go I believe.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Old_Man_Oak_63 Yeah, I see. So, Who are we going to lynch?
As of yet I'm not sure who we should lynch, there really just isn't enough information or leads to follow to find a possible mafia member and I suppose this is where your side of the argument comes in, the detective could give us an early lead, however given time he could also find us more mafia members.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
balloon is trying to create plans to save himself! Kill balloon!

No, but really - this isn't the time to already start assuming. I say the doctor saves himself/herself for the first 3 rounds, while we focus on eliminating at least one mafia member. And yes, I'd like the lyncher to reveal themself, so we can be sure they won't die.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Meh. That's one way to do it, balloon. nitasu does seem to want the detective to reveal themselves, maybe because he's mafia and wants to take him down as soon as possible.
I have to agree and in fact when nitasu asked that question it was my first thought as well, its a rather odd question to ask to be truthful. Why ask who the detective is when really you just need to know the information he has gathered?
So I ask nitasu987 to explain why you asked that

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I dont know it makes sense why he wouldnt want to since the detective coming forward now would be dumb if he has no good leads. Unless he has found out a mafia member in which case let him reveal himself.

nitasu987

Reaction score
balloon98 The doctor can protect him/her, so really there's no harm in it, is there?

Also if you think I'm mafia This early in the game.... Yeesh. you all just have to kill me cuz I'm not good at these games, right? For all you know I'm could be a power role on the civilian side!

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
balloon98 The doctor can protect him/her, so really there's no harm in it, is there?

Also if you think I'm mafia This early in the game.... Yeesh. you all just have to kill me cuz I'm not good at these games, right? For all you know I'm could be a power role on the civilian side!
I'm not good at them either, but that just seemed suspicious to me. About the doctor argument, if the doctor's dead, we'll lose the detective the very next night. It just takes one lucky kill...

Status
Not open for further replies.