Mafia Season 4 SIGNUPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Blocktopia Mafia Season 4

Arzanlon City has had it easy. Arzanlon City is considered to be the forefront of the new technology boom of Minecraftland. The city's biggest technological feature is an AI created by shrunken redstone wires. The AI is represented by a chip that can be inserted into several devices. The AI is called Zeta, the 102nd AI created, and the 7th successful AI created. Zeta runs the city by maintaining the streets, the walls, and most importantly the crime levels. Zeta is considered indispensable to the citizens of Arzanlon. It would be a shame if anything would happen to Zeta...

Finally, season 4 of Mafia is ready to be started! New rules/features are marked with a (NEW!) Rewordings and small rule changes are also present.
How to Play

The people who sign up for a mafia game are given a role in a private message. Do not share the message.
Many roles have additional properties that will be covered later.
There are three factions in this mafia game.
Town-They aim to eliminate mafia members and others. Lynching during the in-game day is their most powerful asset. The town wins when all the Mafia members and some anti-town 3rd party members are dead.
Mafia-The mafia aims to equal their numbers with the rest of the Town-sided players left, and all non-town sided threats to them.(E.X. Serial Killer).They target one player each in-game night to kill.
3rd Party-These are usually players that are by themselves. 3rd party roles have been regarded as very skill based roles, due to the players with these roles typically having no allies. Their win conditions will vary.
Reminder: Multiple parties are able to win together provided they each meet their respective win conditions.
Mafia is played in two phases, day and night.
Day
In the daytime all players are able to select who to vote off, and when a majority has decided on a single person, that person will be lynched and out of the game. The killed person will have their role revealed and have a last statement to the remaining players.(With exception)
Night
Mafia members will be able to PM each other and decide on ONE person to eliminate from the game. When a decision is reached they will PM the host(Alpha102 for this game), saying which player to target and which member of the mafia will carry out that target. Certain power roles also have the ability to PM the host with a decision according to what they can do.
NEW: The role list does not reflect the power roles that are in the game. The actual in-game role list will be provided in the gameplay thread.

In-depth Role List

Town Sided
These roles win when the town wins.
--
Civilians: The civilians are the most basic role in Mafia. They have no night time actions, and their job is to lynch during the daytime.
The Cop: The cop's job is to figure out who is the Mafia. At night, he/she will send one PM to the narrator saying who he/she wants to investigate. The narrator will reveal the role of the person he/she investigated. Beware cop, as not being stealthy can have the mafia figure out your true identity! The Cop is the exception to the last statement rule. The Cop cannot make a final statement due to them knowing other player's roles!
The Doctor: At night, The Doctor can choose one person to SAVE. If the person he/she saves would normally have been killed by the mafia or another power role, said person is saved by the doctor. Doctors can only save themselves once per game.
NEW: The Doctor will be told if they successfully save somebody, but the Doctor will not know who targeted the person they saved.
The Vigilante: This role can target one person for death each night. The Vigilante does not have to target someone, though, and will say so in a PM if he/she desires.
The Bulletproof Civilian: The bulletproof civilian is able to take ONE extra hit from an attack at night. So if the mafia targeted the bulletproof civilian, the civilian would be spared for one night only. If they targeted the bulletproof civilian again, the bulletproof civilian would be killed. A bulletproof civilian is NOT saved if he/she is lynched.
The Town Drunk: The town drunk is able to pick one person to get drunk(targeted) each night. The targeted person is not able to preform anything they could have usually done that night. The town drunk will not know what role he/she targeted. The role that was targeted will get a PM saying they were targeted. The town drunk is able to stop a mafia night kill if he/she targets the mafia member chosen to preform the kill. The town drunk is capable of targeting a town-sided power role, so the town trunk does not have to target anyone. If the Town Drunk chooses not to target anyone, he/she will say so in a PM.
--
Mafia sided
These roles win when the mafia wins.
--
Mafia: The standard member of the Mafia. The Mafia talk to each other along with other roles affiliated with the Mafia each night and decide on a person to target for death.
The Godfather: 'Head' of the mafia. If a cop investigates The Godfather, the cop is told The Godfather is a civilian. Traditionally,The Godfather gets the final say in mafia kills. (The Godfather does not actually get the final say in Mafia kills) The Godfather should be the one to PM the host of the Mafia's target.
The Hooker: Able to...ehrm...'pleasure' one person each night.The person pleasured will be unable to do what they can normally do that night. The hooker will not know what role he/she targeted. The role the hooker targeted will be given a PM saying so. If the hooker is the last member of the mafia, he/she will not be able to pleasure anyone, and will be limited to only targeting one person each night to kill.
3rd Party
These roles have varying win conditions.
--
The Serial Killer: Serial killers have an alternative goal from everyone else in the game; they want everyone besides them to be eliminated. When it is just the Serial Killer and one other player left, the Serial Killer takes priority and wins. At night, the serial killer sends the narrator one PM of the person he/she wants to kill for the night. The Serial Killer will get one extra hit from night targets. NEW: The Town Drunk is unable to stop the Serial Killer. The Town Drunk will survive if they target the Serial Killer, but the Town Drunk will not know that their powers had no effect.
NEW: The Cop will see the Serial Killer as a Civilian when investigated.
These changes are to make The Serial Killer more powerful, and seem less of a long-shot role.
New Role
The Lyncher: The Mafia considers The Lyncher town-sided.The Lyncher will pick one player in the game during Night 1. The Lyncher wants to see the picked name be killed by lynch, not any other form of death. If the Lyncher succeeds, the town will be notified The Lyncher has won, but the game will keep going. At that point The Lyncher is able to do whatever he/she wants, support whoever he/she wants. If the Lyncher's target is killed by any way that is not Lynching, The Lyncher loses. The Lyncher can do two things if that happens. The Host will tell The Lyncher he/she can commit suicide, ending the game for him/her, OR continue playing and support whichever side he/she wants to win despite not being able to win himself/herself. The Lyncher will win if his/her target is lynched even after his/her own death. Consider victory for The Lyncher independent from the typical Mafia/Town/Serial Killer victories.
--
Mechanics

I will assign roles using random.org.
If I find a day period is becoming stagnant with few or none people talking, or night roles are not sent to me quickly during a night period, I will ping people that have not spoken in the last 48 hours in the thread and tell them to say something within 24 hours. PMs. If they do not resume participating in 24 hours, I will replace you or remove you, depending on if alternates are available.
NEW: The old 'Highest lynch number in 24 hours' rule will only be used as an absolute last resort. Seriously, don't let that rule happen.
NEW: If the host or the mafia moderator says that you have a majority vote against you, do not talk anymore. This is to prevent psuedo-last statements.

Forum Rules

Be respectful and polite.
ONLY sign up if you think you are able to commit to a game of Mafia. These can take a long time to finish.
Do NOT talk about the game anywhere else.
Be active! Promote discussion! Make the game interesting for everyone!
You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead to prevent information hiding.
After you have died and made a last statement, do NOT post in the thread until the game is over. If you are not in the game, please do not post.
If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
NEW: Do not rate posts(ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia.
NEW:You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
----
How to vote properly:
BOLD your vote when you vote during a day period, and type the person's FULL NAME. This is to prevent vote confusion, and makes the host's job a lot easier, and significantly reduces the chances of error. Any vote posts not following this rule will not count. The same applies for Abstain and No Lynch.
If you want to remove a vote, make sure to bold your vote removal.
----
NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game, your post removed with no chance of alternates replacing you.
Abstains and No-lynch
If you abstain, that shows that you do not count in the vote and you are not factored into the total player count.
Ex. 20 people playing, 6 abstain
Normally it would be a majority (11/20) of the total players, but with 6 abstains it only requires 8 to lynch. (8/14)
No-Lynch-If you do not want to lynch anyone that night. You are still factored into the total players.

AvantGarde is the new mafia moderator!
AvantGarde will be doing the following to moderate the game-
-Deleting posts that violate the rules, and posts during Mafia nights.
-Editing the host's messages in case there is a problem.
-Assisting the host(E.X. Vote Counts)
-AvantGarde is allowed to play if he desires, because as a controller he is proven to be trustworthy.

I will close signups at 20 players.

If you want to be an alternate, just say so and I can add you to the alternate list.
If a player has to leave the game in a non-normal fashion(quitting or being kicked) , they will be replaced in most cases with an alternate. First come first served.

Roleplaying is encouraged as always! Feel free to make up your own character and backstory!(You are not limited to being minecraft themed) Players with made up characters will appear more in the story sections!

NEW: Set-ups
I have considered two different set-ups for this season. I would appreciate your input on them.
Set-up #1: Two factions of mafia, 4 members each including one Godfather. Lyncher, Bulletproof Civilians, Cop, Doctor, Vigilante. No Serial Killer.
Set-up #2: One faction of mafia with 5 members, including Godfather. Serial Killer. Lyncher. Town power roles not decided beyond the obligatory Cop/Doctor/Bulletproof Civilian.

Set-up #1 has more mafia involved, and with a greater chance of crossfire between both sides of mafia. Mafia wins by having all the enemy mafia forces eliminated as well as equaling the town numbers. Possibility of many town members dying early, as well as the Mafia being handicapped from the beginning.
Set-up #2 would be kept closer to the set-ups of Blocktopia Mafia Seasons 2 and 3. Changes would be the Lyncher addition and the Serial Killer having its buffs. Hooker/Town Drunk/Vigilante roles in set-up 2 are not decided yet.

Both set-ups are preliminary and may/will be tweaked for balance reasons.

Player List:
1. Defiant_Blob(As Dex Bonshon)
2. Nottykitten(As Self)
3. dessern5(As Calico Jack)
4. JKangaroo(As Cromwell the Kangaroo)
5. theodorre(As Theodorre the Nut n' Rose Maker)
6. 77_is_the_best(As Drake the Archer)
7. gasy_europeon(As Self)
8. kraby1(As Self)
9. HarmakPaul(As Self)
10. Jolteon_42(As Self)
11. The road to ruin(As Jericho the Steve)
12. Sploorky(As Self)
13.balloon98(As Self)
14. Marnixxie(As Self)
15. DarthLego5679(As Sith Lego)
16. Ooglie101(As Mooglie the Cow)
17. Prizyms(As Self)
18. vati180(As Incognito)
19. Duffie(As Duffie Shirayuki)
20. paceboys(As self)
Alternates:

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Ahem... Mentlegen.​
I am Dex Bonshon, attorney at law.​
Due to past events, I will not yell Objection, Hold It, or Take That, and I will not slam my hands on my desks as other attorneys tend to do.​
However, I will point our every contradiction I can possibly find, and I will find the truth, or my name isn't Dex Bonshon.​

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I would love to join this round, been looking foward to it for awhile. ^_^​
Once Again I will be Cromwell the Kangaroo​
who loves his fancy top hat and suit.​
I have given up my drinking habits from the previous incident(or have I?)​
and hope for this to be a​
MARVELOUS time. Cheers!​

• Haha
Reactions: balloon98

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
-People who are already in Prizym's Game: Don't neglect either game.

-Remember, if you want you are able to roleplay and make up your own character.

-I would like opinions on set-ups this time around, see towards the bottom of the first post. I have two current set-up ideas detailed there.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I would say we should go with set-up #1 as it appears to be more dynamic compared to the normal Mafia game set-up, and could provide a more interesting game.

Although that set-up looks like there wouldn't be a large chance for the town to actually step in and win, since it seems the battle will be mainly the 2 Mafia gangs.
My votes on set-up 2 because of that.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Wow. Up until this thread, I have NEVER had alerts break for me for a topic. Never. Very strange they decided to break just now.

-After looking again and taking input from everyone, I'm 80% sure the game would be akin to Set-up 2.

Set-up 1 is a good thought, but also requires balance for three big factions rather than two big factions. 3 mafia for each side would lead to small chances of each individual mafia team winning. Town would need Vigilante.

Side notes: I am excited to include The Lyncher this game, as it plays very differently than every other role on this list, and has a reasonable chance of success. Serial Killer is likely to be in Setup 2 because of the buffs given to it. The one thing I don't want happening with the Serial Killer this time is players automatically assuming they will fail if given the serial killer. Vigilante's status in Set-up 2 is unknown.

4 Slots left.

Status
Not open for further replies.