Mafia Season 3.5: Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I am so confused with the chris thing what happened? But besides that the night was full of....death. Now I see what you mean Defiant about this game being faster I mean 3 kills? my god

Sploorky

Reaction score
Dessern(mason) visited the mafia, which is an instant kill. Chris(tracker) visited a different person, as the interceptor intercepted Chris.

Then the mafia used their one night kill to get Marnixxie. All three are seperate instances. No one player was visited too much.
Right on that, my bad. Though, the interceptor and Chose the same person, which is something(not something huge, but something).

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
That is true. We need to think on their level. Who would be known enough to be targeted by two people? Of course, it could be luck of the draw and it means nothing. But it is possible and so far is something to think about.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I don't understand how Dess died :( Can't masons recruit mafia?

On topic as alpha said it takes 6 to lynch with 10 people. Chris chose the same person as the blaze and so a good way to start is maybe finding the target.
Alpha said that someone well known could have been the target so I think the target may have been Alpha himself with the running of the games and all. It just seems logical that alpha would be a popular choice with the players.

helloworld111

Reaction score
Just to tell you guys, if the town folk find out who the cultist is, and kill him, and then the town folk find out that there was another person in the cult that is town-sided (the cultist did recruit someone right?), or they mis-lynch, the game would be over by Day 2 (if 3+ town folk died at night), or the town folk will be hanging on a thread (if 0-2 town folk died at night). So right now, pretty much the only ways I can think of for the town folk to win is:
1. Hope the cultist picked a non-town folk OR
2. The town people only lynch the mafia AND
3. The mafia only kills 0-1 people per night AND
4. Hope the cultist dosen't pick Samurai for every single night(assuming cultist picked a town folk)
Of course, this doesn't include all situations, and there are most likely errors in that paragraph (someone please check and confirm that it's right please), so let's continue playing this totally fair game of mafia! (note that this post is modified to try to have a neutral POV)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
The Samurai will kill the Cultist Leader, as well as all cultists. If we're lucky, we could nab a mafia tonight and have the Cultist Leader kill himself/herself, along with any new cultists. Plus the Cultist Leader can be targeted and killed by The Interceptor and a normal mafia target.

The Oracle ia an asset to us if he/she dies, as a role is revealed. No matter what that helps us during day periods. We may have lost three good power roles, but we are still able to win.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Ok, just an idea to throw out there, tell me what you think:

Let's say Alpha was the person who the interceptor chose at night. If this is true, Chris also chose Alpha to track that night. However, the interceptor did not choose a town sided role to follow that night. He chose a mafia member, and so anybody that visited that mafia member would die. This would be a very good strategy because it cuts down on the risk of the cultist recruiting a mafia member into the cult. So because of this idea, I have suspicions that Alpha102 is a member of the mafia.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
That relies on the mentality of following a experienced or well known player. That case could be made for a number of people.

One person that is more likely to be targeted by multiples is HarmakPaul. He states he is a sneaky bastard, piquing curiosity. With how well he has played Mafia to this date, it is reasonable to think that. (I have in no way said HarmakPaul is mafia in that statement)

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Okay, I'm back.

I kinda doubt it's notty, because he was mafia in both seasons one and two. Getting mafia 3/4 times seems unlikely, but possible. Don't cancel him out yet.
Everyone but yourself doesn't know your role, so I recommend keeping them unrevealed for now. In fact, I'm unsure of my own role right now.
As for my current suspicions, I kinda look in the direction of Sploor. He stated that, even though he used Alpha as an example, he moved his suspicions toward him because of something he explained to us.

Of course, this could be wrong, but I think that any ideas in the first day should be discussed.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Alpha102 said:
That relies on the mentality of following a experienced or well known player. That case could be made for a number of people.
Yes, but why wouldn't they follow an experienced player? If(IF) you were the mafia, I feel you would be the best person to protect.

Alpha102 said:
One person that is more likely to be targeted by multiples is @HarmakPaul. He states he is a sneaky bastard, piquing curiosity. With how well he has played Mafia to this date, it is reasonable to think that. (I have in no way said HarmakPaul is mafia in that statement)
Perhaps, though if anything, that makes me think he isn't the mafia.

HarmakPaul said:
As for my current suspicions, I kinda look in the direction of Sploor. He stated that, even though he used Alpha as an example, he moved his suspicions toward him because of something he explained to us.
I'm not experienced in this game at all :p.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
To get the game moving along I'm going to say...
I am most suspicious of HarmakPaul.
Why? I think he was the target of chris and the blaze last night because of the "I'm a sneaky bastard" post.
I think he said that knowing that someone would follow him or something and then he told the blaze (if HarmakPaul is mafia) to get on him that night, getting an easy extra kill.
He could still be the cultist leader however. Although he was just hoping that the blaze would go on him, hoping for a goodie follow himself as well. Getting rid of a goodie while also maybe a second person followed him so that person knows the identity of the blaze, taking out another enemy.
I'm going to say this again, I am only saying this now because I want to get the game moving, I would usually not say my suspicions so early but yeah I want the game to move along

paceboys

Reaction score
This game is failing .-.
Still nothing...
EDIT: Imo, if you are going to play mafia, you all need to be there for one period of time, and it has to be there, and then. not long, drawn out, post-whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.