Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Guess I'm scum then cus I'm consistent as fuuuuuucc
I do think consistent is more scummy than it's town. Town players generally know very little and should keep thinking about who could be scum and why, adapting when it makes sense. If you are consistent on someone it doesn't feel like thinking and more like pushing a (scum) agenda.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I do think consistent is more scummy than it's town. Town players generally know very little and should keep thinking about who could be scum and why, adapting when it makes sense. If you are consistent on someone it doesn't feel like thinking and more like pushing a (scum) agenda.
Sounds like something an inconsistent person would say

• Agree
Reactions: Vatumok

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Dunno if that inconsistency in role dms is anything to go by
i dont know but pretty sure this is pm mechanics but i will ask stranger how much we can discuss

1) I meant more that everyone (active ofc) seemed to be fine wish lynching fog and nobody came to his defense like Weak for example now.
2) Just cuz it seemed random to you doesn't mean it is as I'm not constantly posting my all thoughts.
3) Obviously, but I wanted to avoid another NL so that's why I decided Fog was a decent enough choice after townreading some people pushing him.
1) 1 other person had come to his defence (tim iirc? i dont remember exactly who but i remember pointing this out at the time), and most of the game hadnt even given an opinion on him. i find it hard to believe you didnt consider that maf were just ignoring him, instead thinking maf must be coming to defend him, bearing in mind how difficult it would have been to defend him without looking scummy themselves, because his actions (claiming sinner, claiming he made a deal, contradicting himself about what UNU said, etc etc) wouldve been difficult to paint as a townie

2) yeah i know, but still the timing was too convenient for me

3) fair enough i guess

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i dont know but pretty sure this is pm mechanics but i will ask stranger how much we can discuss
Unless Stranger has a vastly different set of rules when it comes to dm mechanics than the average host it doesn't. In a themed game it's completely fine for me to theorycraft how that theme will effect what's in your role dm.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unless Stranger has a vastly different set of rules when it comes to dm mechanics than the average host it doesn't. In a themed game it's completely fine for me to theorycraft how that theme will effect what's in your role dm.
pretty sure what we're discussing is usually the definition of pm mechanics

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
You can't copy and paste to prove it, but you can definitely say yes or no to my questions about what's in it.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
pretty sure what we're discussing is usually the definition of pm mechanics
I've made these arguments here and else where numerous times and if it's never been an issue so I've mistaken it's on me I guess.

But since you can't provide evidence either way it's perfectly fine for me to postulate.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I've made these arguments here and else where numerous times and if it's never been an issue so I've mistaken it's on me I guess.

But since you can't provide evidence either way it's perfectly fine for me to postulate.
Like for example, going back to phraseology if there was something completely different in what you've claimed your role is to what mine is (such as if you say your role refers to dirty sinners whereas my role refers to poor sinners) of course I can call you out on that inconsistency, especially since if you were making the role up, you wouldn't know better.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount 6: Holding out for a hero, idk?
Good Skele - Unusual_Dood [L-5]
Vatumok - Good Skele, HK Caper, Infected_Alien8_ [L-3]
TheWeakGuy48_ - Vatumok, Timdood3 [L-4]

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch and 5 votes to no lynch. If nobody reaches a majority of votes by the end of the day, nobody will be lynched.

Host note: Please do NOT analyze PM mechanics.

Day 2 Deadline

• Sad
Reactions: Aqua

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
OK, I'll post quick and easy.
Saints

HKC - most likely town (believable doc claim),
Inf & Aqua - I feel like their role sorta contradicts eachother (with Aqua being cop/blocker for poor sinners and Inf being just a blocker if I understood it correctly).
Unusual - He's more or less a messenger, right? His ability is actually proven, however we do not know his alignment. There has been several mafia messengers over the past (looking at you Iggy), so it's still a possibility. Still feel like he could be town however. Unusual_Dood make a chat with me tonight!
Skele - Claimed Oracle, which is probably the easiest fakeclaim there is. Don't really see it fitting into the setup, I'm not exactly sure why every jumped off of his lynch? IMO one of the viable options today.

Poor Sinners
While I think the majority of poor sinners are town, I think it's possible that one/two might be mafia but eh it makes my brain turn into porridge so I'd rather just assume the opposite for now.

Beta - Probably town (my instinct tells me so)
Alisha - OK so I either I'm going crazy or I'm seeing a connection between Alisha & Inf (that they are mafia partners), but like I said I will just assume that all poor sinners are town for my own sanity rn. (That doesn't mean I'm not letting you out of my sights Alisha (wink))
Tim - OK from the few posts I've read from him he seems helpful & actually contributing (f.exs unlike myself, shameful self-exposition). This kinda makes me read him as town, but at the same time I'm getting flashback to that time we all trusted tim because he was so nice and helpful but he was instead a murderer who wanted us all dead, but rn I think he's town, so maybe a minor town read.
Vatu - I feel like he's been weirdly accusing me and, yes there's been some merit in that (my afk-ness), but he feels a bit sketchy (like he has ill-intentions). Out of the Poor Sinner claims I think he's the most likely to be mafia.

There's 12 players in the game which makes it possible that there's 3 or 4 mafia. If there's 4 then it's mylo today. If we include the dead poor sinners, then there's 7 Poor Sinner claims, which means that 1 or 2 should be fake. RN I think the mafia team could be: Vatu/Alisha/Inf or Vatu/Skele/Aqua, maybe even throw in Beta in a worst-case scenario. Seeing as we have a little under 6 hours left I'll make sure to come online in time to vote later on, I'd prefer if we went for Vatu/Skele, however I would also be fine with voting anyone to at least secure a lynch.

• Haha
Reactions: Alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alisha - OK so I either I'm going crazy or I'm seeing a connection between Alisha & Inf (that they are mafia partners)
can you elaborate on this

I'd prefer if we went for Vatu/Skele, however I would also be fine with voting anyone to at least secure a lynch.
out of those 2 which do you prefer and why?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Alisha - OK so I either I'm going crazy or I'm seeing a connection between Alisha & Inf (that they are mafia partners), but like I said I will just
Wouldn't this also mean that Aqua has to be scum as he "cleared" Alisha? I can hardly see both Aqua and Inffy being evil. That said I don't trust Alisha cuz she has been very casual in just joining lynches on me while she knows how I play. It's definitely good that you brought up agaom that one of Aqua/Inffy is likely lying. That's why I also think it's weird inffy and aqua have been willing to vote together easily today.

• Agree

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Wouldn't this also mean that Aqua has to be scum as he "cleared" Alisha? I can hardly see both Aqua and Inffy being evil. That said I don't trust Alisha cuz she has been very casual in just joining lynches on me while she knows how I play. It's definitely good that you brought up agaom that one of Aqua/Inffy is likely lying. That's why I also think it's weird inffy and aqua have been willing to vote together easily today.
You say you don't make random conspiracy theories yet once again this has come out of nowhere.

I haven't cleared alisha and I've made that painfully obvious. I have confirmed she is a poor sinner. This does not prove her alignment.

I would also like to say I too have suggested alisha could be trying to bus inf, especially after how they acted together day 0.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You say you don't make random conspiracy theories yet once again this has come out of nowhere.

I haven't cleared alisha and I've made that painfully obvious. I have confirmed she is a poor sinner. This does not prove her alignment.

I would also like to say I too have suggested alisha could be trying to bus inf, especially after how they acted together day 0.
what do you mean how we acted together day 0

• Agree

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
what do you mean how we acted together day 0
Said it before in a more lengthy post - basically how alisha submitted to her lynch and her relationship with you towards the end of day 0. Felt like she was trying to build you up as town as she headed for her death.

If she was townie this could have been sincere, if not this could have been to assist her mafia buddy.

• Haha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Said it before in a more lengthy post - basically how alisha submitted to her lynch and her relationship with you towards the end of day 0. Felt like she was trying to build you up as town as she headed for her death.

If she was townie this could have been sincere, if not this could have been to assist her mafia buddy.
ive seen her vote herself as town to secure a lynch for information i think (memory is hazy on that though)

but shes basically confirmed town anyway since realistically maf dont have poor sinners

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha and Vatumok
Status
Not open for further replies.