Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Holy mother of speculation

Quick thoughts since these are some trending topics:

1) Skele is the worst suspicion to have ever because he's an actual blank slate; convinced this man does not exist. Could easily be town or scum and there's never a way of knowing. Frustrating 24/7
2) Vat sus'd Skele but never made a sufficient push, just tossed it out there. Bad move but it's getting exaggerated.
3) Agreed that there is a bait aspect w/deals or maf can force deals, or otherwise town would never take a chance to compromise town. Notty is not in the game so there is theoretically no at-risk townies to switch (unless Alisha & Tim decide to commit?)

Related to 3), if there is a 'catch' aspect a la vote stealing, this would be terrible in late game. IDK who suggested it because catching up on 13 pages already is hurting my brain, but making a deal in that scenario could easily cost a MYLO/LYLO situation.
didn't ask, plus you're white

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
pffsh
So I've done some speculating and I think it's an easy assumption to make that the devil is a player.
i'm trying to think of ways the setup could be, and perhaps the devil is not a player and simply a mechanic.
Doesn't necessarily mean that's the case this game but a 'Deal with the Devil' isn't outside the realm of possibility imo
I was thinking along the lines of saint/sinner being a smokescreen to make an easy mislynch happen from misreading alignment connotations, so I still stand behind my coming out!
in hindisght i find it interesting how much alisha was throwing out from the start, and i cant help but feel she was baiting players into revealing themselves.
also i would rather have every sinner claim at this rate so any potential alignment shifts are narrowed down into a pool of people
ye you would like that wouldn't you
The reason why I think further sinners shouldn't claim is because I think it's this game's equivalent of VT and would narrow the pool of NK targets.
i find this reasonable, but then there must be some interaction with these roles and maf. tim seems a lot more reserved about all this, and with alisha im getting a chaotic vibe.
what scenario is a sinner claiming throwing the game?

hey my enthusiasm convinced one person so already the plan is a partial success!
tim is town (for now) and i am town (for the rest of the game!)
mhmhm, im grabbing the vibe eye <o>
wouldn't the devil be more screwed if they didn't even know who was a sinner and therefore able to accept a deal
you get a night action with only vague consequences, i can see people taking the deal and being converted
i quoted both of these. there is a lot of speculation on how the setup works, but alisha's posts have a some certainty in it and I dont like it.

also inf seemed real eager to vote alisha, and was quick to retract. i dont like it.
Would like more content from lurker extraordinaire @HKCaper
cant you just let me lurk day 0 geez. dont make me get on my fence. aqua passes the vibe check (weird ik)

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what do you mean by 'for the sake of it'
Like I feel he made a post and people were like LETS HOP ON THAT TRACTOR and have just been riding it... but he hasn't really done anything too suspicious in my opinion so far.

Would like more content from lurker extraordinaire @HKCaper , @Fog , and @BetaPanda
What kinda content? Infected_alien8_ might recommend my fanfic reading? My Roleplay skills? My Minecraft commentary?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
doesnt bother me too much, i could see vat throwing some easy suspicions on inactives to bait reactions.
i gave him plenty of opportunities to explain that it was just completely random for a bait, and he still stuck to the idea that it came from a genuine place but that he chose to say it to get reactions

but tbh i dont even know how to feel about vat anymore. i still think his post implying he's not confident contributing to theorycrafting was out of character and weird, and i still think his read of skele is suspicious, but at the same time i'm getting deja vu from erik last game, where i feel like he's playing too sloppy to actually be scum. i've given him plenty of opportunity to explain himself, i gave him the opportunity to blame his weird skele read on just being random for the sake of baiting reactions, and ive asked him questions, but he's not taken any of those opportunities and he's just ignoring my questions. surely if he's scum he knows that won't look good and he basically ignored an easy way out of being suspected. so he actually feels kinda town to me now. plus his self-focused 'i dont care about explaining my reads, only you sharing yours' bit felt townie to me, i think maybe because as scum he'd know that'd look bad for refusing to explain his read. all this could be wifom strats but it seems unnecessarily risky so i kinda doubt it

ill do a reads list

alisha - i think they're probs town but planning on becoming scum. i agree with hk that she has a chaotic vibe this game. i get the impression she's not trying to get too invested in it and therefore not being as cautious/worried about jumping too fast into a wrong move as she usually is as town, and i think it's since she's planning on switching alignment since that'd be in character for her. i think if she was scum she'd be trying to imitate being more cautious/concerned than what she is, so i don't think she's scum right now, just that she's planning on betraying town if she can. if alignment switching does turn out to be a thing she's probs gonna be my #1 suspect

vat - i keep switching from slight scum to slight town, right now thinking slight town, reasons above

skele - slight town. i think skele's meta is that when he's scum he's prickly and when he's town he's more playful. he was prickly last game and i almost mentioned it, but then i didnt since i hadn't played with him in a while so i didnt trust the meta anymore, but turns out he was scum, and now this game he doesn't seem prickly at all, so i wonder if the meta still applies. but i think the prickliness probably comes from being nervous about others suspecting him, and so given how he did well last game it could be that the prickliness has gone even if he's scum this time since he's more confident, but for now i slight townread him

hk - neutral-slight town. he's making actual stances so far, but he could've learnt to do that from last game when i accused him of not doing, so i'm not giving it too much credit.

tim - neutral-slight town. right at the start of the game he felt slightly scummy to my gut but that feeling's gone now. his post where i asked him for clarification on his stance on vat felt town but idk why

beta and sessy - im grouping these two together since i have basically the exact same read on them both. they feel townie in their tone of their posts, but their latching onto my vat push felt odd. like, their reasons mentioned that vat scumreading skele was suspicious because skele had barely posted, even after i'd explained that vat didn't suspect skele for anything he said, it was the fact he'd barely posted. i could easily see this just being a miscommunication though, so it doesn't bother me too much, but it did raise my eyebrow. also, beta made this one post where he seemed to be catching up on the game but he only quoted sessy and that seemed an odd coincidence as well. i wonder whether they feel more comfortable speaking to sessy since its their partner. they've only actually directly spoken to sessy so far, except for when they spoke to me but thats since i asked them a question. this feels like such a tiny point but figured i should mention it anyways. if vat does turn out to be scum though then beta and sessy will become strong townreads for me since i don't see them bussing so early on like that.

UNU - neutral. nothing he's said has stood out as indicative of alignment so far.

Fog - neutral. i had a gut town read at the start but that feeling's gone now.

aqua - neutral. he's been very anti-deal-with-the-devil but i could see him doing that just since he realized that town would realize making deals is bad anyway so he may as well take credit for pushing that agenda.

marskid - neutral, same as UNU.

i guess i dont have any actual scumreads anymore

anyone else want to give a reads list?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
alisha - i think they're probs town but planning on becoming scum. i agree with hk that she has a chaotic vibe this game. i get the impression she's not trying to get too invested in it and therefore not being as cautious/worried about jumping too fast into a wrong move as she usually is as town, and i think it's since she's planning on switching alignment since that'd be in character for her. i think if she was scum she'd be trying to imitate being more cautious/concerned than what she is, so i don't think she's scum right now, just that she's planning on betraying town if she can. if alignment switching does turn out to be a thing she's probs gonna be my #1 suspect
i guess you still cant read me

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
im saying you think im gonna betray everyone even though ive flat out denied it!
yeah but your reason was 'that'd throw away all my contribution to town just for a cute gotcha moment'

but like fog said it's so early in the game that you wouldn't be throwing away much at all, and i think you know that, and i think your reason there was a lie

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
yeah but your reason was 'that'd throw away all my contribution to town just for a cute gotcha moment'

but like fog said it's so early in the game that you wouldn't be throwing away much at all, and i think you know that, and i think your reason there was a lie
excuse me i am very proud of my game winning theory because tim is totally going to betray us later, he even said he might!

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fog - neutral. i had a gut town read at the start but that feeling's gone now.
Well... you not scumreading me, this is a first

im saying you think im gonna betray everyone even though ive flat out denied it!
Just saying, if you were planning on betraying town, would you admit it? ?

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.