Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Announcement: I'm extending this day phase by 24 hours, or until hammer is reached.

Informal votecount:
Good Skele - Unusual_Dood [L-5]
Vatumok - Good Skele, HK Caper, Infected_Alien8_, Aqua, Timdood3 [L-1]
TheWeakGuy48_ - Vatumok [L-5]

First off, I do want to say I'm just as annoyed at the AFK situation as everyone else here. I've been bugging pretty much all the AFK players on discord with limited success at best. Modkilling all the AFKs isn't an option b/c it would break the setup, and I don't have any further subs on deck after contacting everyone I can think of. So I'm gonna throw up a few options and let you have a say on what you want to do. I won't be locking the thread at deadline to allow for that discussion to happen, nor will I be unlocking mafia chat or any other night chats until I decide on what we're doing. Obviously while we're doing this please don't strategize/discuss future lynches, just talk about the subject at hand here.

1. Switching from mandatory majority to top-voted lynch starting next day phase. The main reason I'm not thrilled with this option is because I don't want to fall into a scenario where there's only 1 active player alive directing a bunch of AFKs/barely active players to do everything since realistically people don't lynch and/or nightkill inactive players due to lack of info.
2. Secondary lynch during the next day phase. During the next day phase I would allow each player two votes, so long as one of those votes is placed on a player who has and average of fewer than one post/message per 24 hours for this game (I'd work out more of the details on this during the upcoming night phase). This lynch would be TVL regardless of whether or not the main lynch changes. From a cursory glance at the setup, killing an single player outside of the standard order of things would not break anything.
3. Modkill an AFK at random. Would only be done once, and not at all if people prefer option 2. Criteria for being modkilled would be the same as option 2.
4. Change of venue - I'd be willing to move the game to a discord server or something if that would make people be more active, but also that's a lot of work on my end for an uncertain chance of people actually being more active on discord.

Let me know your thoughts on these options and I'll make a decision based on your feedback by the end of day phase tomorrow.

Last edited:

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Some quick responses to the alerts I have.

Sorry, I didn’t realise Skeles role only worked when night killed, and it is indeed convenient that the role doesn’t work with lynches, since that makes the role entirely useless now.

From what I can see it doesn’t matter who I visit at all since there will be no use for it regardless, so I’m wondering why you (TWG) want me to specifically visit you.
1 from hammer
That’s not very helpful.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
not sure if we're meant to be discussing the options now or not, but in my personal opinion i think we should probably tell you our opinions in private and then you make a decision based on which arguments convinced you more, just in case an open discussion about whether to kill the inactives results in it influencing the game/people's reads (e.g. one of the inactives is scum and someone is defending modkilling them when everyone else isnt, or something)

thats just my initial thought on it

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Day 2 Final Votecount
Good Skele - Unusual_Dood [L-5]
Vatumok - Good Skele, HK Caper, Infected_Alien8_, Aqua, Timdood3, Unusual_Dood [L-0]
TheWeakGuy48_ - Vatumok [L-5]

After another intense day of debate and devil-hunting, the people of New Orleans decided it was time to put Vatumok to death. Much like days before, the people mobbed Vatumok, and tied him up before finally ending his life with a bullet to the head. Alas, they had still not located the Devil or any of his minions.

Vatumok was Poor Sinner Scarlett. They were Town-aligned.

Welcome to Saints & Sinners, Vatumok.

Your role is Poor Sinner Scarlett. You are Town-aligned.

Each night, you may try to make a deal with the devil. To do this, you must indicate during the preceding day phase that you wish to make a deal with the devil and which power you would like: Roleblock, Track, or Mail. For the purposes of watching or tracking, attempting or successfully making a deal with the Devil will not appear as a visit. If the Devil agrees to your deal, you will gain a single use of this power at the beginning of the following night phase. You may not use a power during the same night phase that you attempt to make a deal with the Devil. And of course, tread carefully, poor sinner, as making a deal with the Devil may carry some unexpected consequences.
For clarification, the actions are as follows:
-Roleblock: Visit one player and prevent their night action
-Track: Visit one player and learn who that player visited.
-Mail: Visit one player and send them an anonymous message.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Town.

Now that we've made a lynch, please discuss what options you prefer from my post above (#2251). Night chats will not be unlocked for the next 24 hours to allow for this discussion to happen. You may submit your night actions in your role PMs if you wish to do so.

As mentioned, please do not strategize/plan future lynches during this time.

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Actually yeah, that's a good idea Inffy.

Update from above: I'll be locking the thread. Please let me know in DMs which of these options you prefer and why. I'll be accepting comments for 24 hours before night phase begins in earnest.

First off, I do want to say I'm just as annoyed at the AFK situation as everyone else here. I've been bugging pretty much all the AFK players on discord with limited success at best. Modkilling all the AFKs isn't an option b/c it would break the setup, and I don't have any further subs on deck after contacting everyone I can think of. So I'm gonna throw up a few options and let you have a say on what you want to do. I won't be locking the thread at deadline to allow for that discussion to happen, nor will I be unlocking mafia chat or any other night chats until I decide on what we're doing. Obviously while we're doing this please don't strategize/discuss future lynches, just talk about the subject at hand here.

1. Switching from mandatory majority to top-voted lynch starting next day phase. The main reason I'm not thrilled with this option is because I don't want to fall into a scenario where there's only 1 active player alive directing a bunch of AFKs/barely active players to do everything since realistically people don't lynch and/or nightkill inactive players due to lack of info.
2. Secondary lynch during the next day phase. During the next day phase I would allow each player two votes, so long as one of those votes is placed on a player who has and average of fewer than one post/message per 24 hours for this game (I'd work out more of the details on this during the upcoming night phase). This lynch would be TVL regardless of whether or not the main lynch changes. From a cursory glance at the setup, killing an single player outside of the standard order of things would not break anything.
3. Modkill an AFK at random. Would only be done once, and not at all if people prefer option 2. Criteria for being modkilled would be the same as option 2.
4. Change of venue - I'd be willing to move the game to a discord server or something if that would make people be more active, but also that's a lot of work on my end for an uncertain chance of people actually being more active on discord.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

So I've now heard from everyone who's been active so far, and after lots of thought, I've reached a decision. Going forward, lynches will operate on a top-voted lynch system at deadline instead of mandatory majority. The exception will be if no player has more than 1 vote. If that scenario occurs, a lynch will not happen. In the event of a tie, a lynch will not happen.

With that resolved, I will now be starting night 3 in earnest and unlocking all night chats accordingly.

Hard deadline for Night 3 will be 00:00 hours UTC on 7 June 2020 (Approximately 29 hours from this posting). Please submit your night actions via role PMs if you haven't done so already.

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Day 3
As the sun rose, the people of New Orleans went out, and saw the grisly sight of Aqua's skeleton lying right in the middle of Canal St. Upon further investigation, the townsfolk found out that Aqua was one of the few saints of New Orleans who had been working hard to put a stop to the Devil's fiendish plans. With this grim reminder of the Devil's presence among them, people began slinging around accusations, hoping to stop the Devil and his cronies.

Aqua was Saint Joseph. They were Town-aligned.

Welcome to Saints & Sinners, Aqua.

Your role is Saint Joseph. You are Town-aligned.

Each day, select a player. At the beginning of the night phase, you will visit that player and bless them. If the player is a Poor Sinner, you will prevent them from making a deal with the devil for this night only. If the selected player is not a Poor Sinner, this action will automatically fail. You will be informed as to whether this action was successful or not.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.

Reminder that lynches going forward will be done via top-voted lynch, so long as at least one player has more than one vote on them.

Day 3 Deadline Here

• Sad
Reactions: Aqua

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
well it's most likely mylo so you better hope youre right
this post exemplifies that it is not town inf here. Town inf would be more straightforward with his beliefs. scum inf enjoys rubbing it in, playing mind games, and has a little dose of cockiness when he's confident he's going to win.

considering i agree what we're in mylo, it's coming out full force here!

now please respond to this post i just made and incriminate yourself further!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
this post exemplifies that it is not town inf here. Town inf would be more straightforward with his beliefs. scum inf enjoys rubbing it in, playing mind games, and has a little dose of cockiness when he's confident he's going to win.

considering i agree what we're in mylo, it's coming out full force here!

now please respond to this post i just made and incriminate yourself further!
i implore you to at least consider the possibility im town because youve been hard tunnelling me all game, whether you believe it or not at least consider that you might be doing it

im not even sure where this meta is coming from because reminding you its mylo is me being straightforward

and i have no recollection of 'rubbing it in' or having 'a dose of cockiness' as scum ever

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i implore you to at least consider the possibility im town because youve been hard tunnelling me all game, whether you believe it or not at least consider that you might be doing it
yeah i did consider the possibility you were town all through the last couple days but now the jig is up!

and i disagree with hard tunneling, there were times i believed you could be town and then times i didn't!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i have 0 memory of this

what game was this
okay its slightly different than i remembered but it,s still in essence the same thing

we were about to hammer molten, winning you the game

you had power to hammer and decided to prolong the suffering by asking tim for any last thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.