Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i dont know how the game works, but you are SO SURE aqua CANT POSSIBLY exist in the setup and its unsettling.
I'm so suspicious of inf... only after pages of arguing he's now somewhat accepting that I'm most definitely town but is STILL insisting my role is a 50/50 whether it's fake or not.

On it's own that 50/50 number comes out of nowhere and makes no sense but in the context of the situation it feels like he's trying tofocus on this point to make me seem scummier than I am.

It's unhelpful and makes no sense - especially coming from inf.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're now separating the 50/50 from whether I'm scum to my role.
"now"

ive said this since my big post on you

and so my conclusion is that, at this point in the game, its like a 50/50 as to whether aqua's role is legit or not, when looking at it in isolation.

so at that point i decide to look past his claim and instead go back to his behaviour/vibes, in which case i still actually lean town.
ive said it several times in fact, for example, here i said it again

aqua feels town and his claim supports his behaviour so that part of him is why i lean town, but looking at the claim itself, alone, is a 50/50 on whether he'd be scum or town imo
It still seems scummy as FUCK that you are pushing this pointso much because all it does is distract from the mountains of evidence in my favour
im not "pushing this point so much" the only reason ive said it more than once is because you keep bringing it up

i bring it up since it shouldnt be ignored, since its not impossible youre scum, its not impossible you came up with the fakeclaim night 1 (since you couldve come up with the voodoo thing without this claim in mind, its mostly how you dealt with tim/alisha thats evidence for you, which was day 1). its not impossible we dont have a cop this game due to the several tracks we're able to attain. so late-game if theres still no evidence of a hypnotist role we should look at you again

Dealing with people like FOG or possibly unu coaxing people into making deals OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE mafia have poor sinners too.
thats literally just an ability to deny other town of their choice of using their ability which seems unlikely to me

and again, highly doubt maf have poor sinners

1) he's litteraly a sorta cop. 2) prevent town from possible making devestating deals with the devil. 3) voodoo mechanics that require a sinner to make a deal with the devil.

i dont know how the game works, but you are SO SURE aqua CANT POSSIBLY exist in the setup and its unsettling.
1) yeah but thats not relevant to my point, im talking about the other part of his role, if thats useless then it brings his whole claim into doubt for me. 2) see my point right above this. 3) that just doesnt make sense to me bearing in mind sinners dont even get abilities til the next night so how would aqua's role protect against a voodoo role

the reason im confident is since i cant see any other point to that part of his role. if you or someone else can think of something then by all means im all ears, but so far i cant think of any other purpose for his role.

I'm so suspicious of inf... only after pages of arguing he's now somewhat accepting that I'm most definitely town but is STILL insisting my role is a 50/50 whether it's fake or not.
what???

ive said i think youre town ever since my big post yesterday

ive never been resistent to the idea that youre probably town

you and hk just randomly started acting like im attacking you just because im pointing out that we should have a maf hypnotist if your role is to make any sense, even though im not using that as a reason to not believe you

On it's own that 50/50 number comes out of nowhere and makes no sense
do you truly disagree that theres roughly equal chance that either a) the nokill n1 wasnt due to hk saving you, b) the hypnotist role exists but has just happened to not show any evidence of it yet

if you agree, bearing in mind you also agree that your role needs a hypnotist role to make sense, why do you disagree with the idea that your role has a 50/50 of being town or scum (again, looking at the claim in isolation, not your behaviour, because as ive said multiple times, your behaviour is townie and fits your claim)

On it's own that 50/50 number comes out of nowhere and makes no sense but in the context of the situation it feels like he's trying tofocus on this point to make me seem scummier than I am.

It's unhelpful and makes no sense - especially coming from inf.
i wasnt even focusing on it until you kept bringing it up

if you think im trying to set you up as a mislynch then explain why i keep saying i think youre town

besides i can hopefully prove myself tonight anyway so focusing on me today really isnt going to get anywhere anyway

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
thats literally just an ability to deny other town of their choice of using their ability which seems unlikely to me
That's literally what your ability does too????????

There is as much evidence for mafia sinners as there is for mafia poor sinners or for mafia hypnotists which is none OTHER than our claims.

The fact you're so eager to brush off hypothetical mechanics supporting the purpose of my role - but are happy to acknowledge and even push the idea that mafia has sinners in order to give credence to your role is insane?

the reason im confident is since i cant see any other point to that part of his role. if you or someone else can think of something then by all means im all ears, but so far i cant think of any other purpose for his role.
So tell me inf, what's the point of your role and why are you so confident that it isn't to stop town sinners?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
"Personally I think Aqua is town but there's this big 50/50 chance he's not town... now go make up ur mind on Aqua"
It's honestly classic Jordan Peterson 101 on how to bullshit

give a bunch of descriptive claims in order to put a specific agenda or opinion in someones head but fall short of a normative claim so you can runaway from facing any repercussions of pushing that POV.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That's literally what your ability does too????????
except i dont think it is

There is as much evidence for mafia sinners as there is for mafia poor sinners or for mafia hypnotists which is none OTHER than our claims.
theres flavour evidence that poor sinners are town

but yeah the others have no evidence aside from our claims

The fact you're so eager to brush off hypothetical mechanics supporting the purpose of my role - but are happy to acknowledge and even push the idea that mafia has sinners in order to give credence to your role is insane?
what? what "hypothetical mechanics" am i brushing off, aside from ones that dont make sense?

im acknowledging and pushing the idea the mafia has sinners because i know my role is real and thats the only way i can see it having purpose

just like how im acknowledging and pushing the idea that mafia has a hypnotist role, despite 0 evidence for it, because i think youre town and thats the only way your role makes sense to me

So tell me inf, what's the point of your role and why are you so confident that it isn't to stop town sinners?
to stop mafia making deals with the devil

my role would be silly if it were just to save town sided sinners from making deals, because either a) itd just be declining sinners their own choice for their own role which makes no sense to me, or b) theres a hypnotist role in which case my role would render any of their efforts entirely useless since a sinner would just be able to say 'i got forced into a deal' and then id visit them and undo it as long as i was alive/not blocked, unless the sinner isnt allowed to say they were forced into a deal i guess, thats possible and i wasnt considering that

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Personally I think Aqua is town but there's this big 50/50 chance he's not town... now go make up ur mind on Aqua"
"let me address all the reasons aqua could be town or scum and give my honest conclusion. i think his role, if you look at it in isolation, is 50/50 either way, and so i dont want to make a lynch choice off of it because it could easily swing either way and i dont want to lynch based on it. so instead i want to go back to lynching based off reads, which i think hes town, and i think vat's scum." is what my point was.

im not saying "guys there's a 50% chance aqua is scum so lets get him" im saying "looking at aquas roleclaim is pointless since it could either be scum or town, so lets look at his vibes and behaviour instead", for which case almost everyone has been universally townreading you

so again if you think im trying to mislynch you, youre paranoid
It's honestly classic Jordan Peterson 101 on how to bullshit

give a bunch of descriptive claims in order to put a specific agenda or opinion in someones head but fall short of a normative claim so you can runaway from facing any repercussions of pushing that POV.
except i literally tried to prove your role by getting tim to make another deal

but yeah, im obviously trying to mislynch you

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
what? what "hypothetical mechanics" am i brushing off, aside from ones that dont make sense?

im acknowledging and pushing the idea the mafia has sinners because i know my role is real and thats the only way i can see it having purpose

just like how im acknowledging and pushing the idea that mafia has a hypnotist role, despite 0 evidence for it, because i think youre town and thats the only way your role makes sense to me
But you're denying that my role could apply to these mafia sinners when there is more evidence to support that logic than there is to support a hypnotist role

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
"let me address all the reasons aqua could be town or scum and give my honest conclusion. i think his role, if you look at it in isolation, is 50/50 either way, and so i dont want to make a lynch choice off of it because it could easily swing either way and i dont want to lynch based on it. so instead i want to go back to lynching based off reads, which i think hes town, and i think vat's scum." is what my point was.

im not saying "guys there's a 50% chance aqua is scum so lets get him" im saying "looking at aquas roleclaim is pointless since it could either be scum or town, so lets look at his vibes and behaviour instead", for which case almost everyone has been universally townreading you

so again if you think im trying to mislynch you, youre paranoid

except i literally tried to prove your role by getting tim to make another deal

but yeah, im obviously trying to mislynch you
I'm not paranoid I'm malding because I feel pretty betrayed. They way you have gone about this and phrased this is definitely in a way that implies I am scum, even Hk go that exact same vibe so it has nothing to do with me being paranoid.

I'll accept you worded your argument badly I guess if that genuinely wasn't your intention but it still feels like an attempted descriptive/normative meme which is one of the worst bad faith arguments you can make

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not paranoid I'm malding because I feel pretty betrayed. They way you have gone about this and phrased this is definitely in a way that implies I am scum, even Hk go that exact same vibe so it has nothing to do with me being paranoid.
genuinely i dont understand why both of you got that impression

ive said over and over that i think youre town

the 50/50 point is me saying "the claim could go either way, so im not lynching based on it, i want to look at him outside of his claim, for which i think hes town"

but you two seem to misinterpret it as me saying "aqua has a 50% chance of being scum so lets lynch him" but that wasnt what i said at any point

it still feels like an attempted descriptive/normative meme which is one of the worst bad faith arguments you can make
idk what this is

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
but there isnt

the evidence is in favour of there not being mafia sinners, as i pointed out
How?

My role is evidence that I can stop DWTD - implying eitherit's anti dumb townie, it's anti hypnotist or it's anti sinner

fog's deal not being accepted suggests another deal took it's palce. As no townie's stepped forward that implies there are mafia sinners making deals.

these are two pieces of evidence supporting mafia sinners.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How?

My role is evidence that I can stop DWTD - implying eitherit's anti dumb townie, it's anti hypnotist or it's anti sinner

fog's deal not being accepted suggests another deal took it's palce. As no townie's stepped forward that implies there are mafia sinners making deals.

these are two pieces of evidence supporting mafia sinners.
oh i thought you meant Poor Sinner mafia role, specifically

i agree there are most likely mafia who can make deals, i just dont think theyre called Poor Sinners, i think thats the town name for them, because the flavour implies sinners = town and the "poor" part comes from the fact theyre "poor, unsuspecting" people from the devil's point of view

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
idk what this is
a descriptive claim is where someone says something as a description of absolute fact, how something is.

a normative claim is where someone says something as an opinion of how it should be, how something ought to be.

I assume as a Psychologist you're familiar with Jordan Peterson but he's a shill who does this all the time.

If you present an argument as a bunch ofcarefully selected descriptive claims thatpush a specific agenda without giving a normative claim of how something ought to be - readers will think they're forming their own conclusion when in reality they're just assuming the agenda that is implied via the descriptive claims.

Here you are giving big buzzword descriptive claims such as 50/50 chance of my role being mafia without properly emphasising where this stands in the grand scheme of things other than "Oh I think he's town". So people reading this (aka me and hk, which is why we called you out) inherently assume the position that the 50/50 chance of me being mafia is a valuable argument and is the deciding factor of whether I'm mafia.

A good example of JP doing this, since we're on the topic and fuck JP, is his opinion of women in the work place and sexual harassment:

He will say make up is inertly sexual, a lack of dresscode (which is fucking bullshit btw) can be sexual etc.

he gives a bunch of descriptive claims about women in the workplace while falling short of saying this is why they are sexually harassed/this is why womend on't belong in the work place.... instead saying he doesn't know.

This is what you're doing inf whether intentional or not.

• Informative
Reactions: Timdood3

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
oh i thought you meant Poor Sinner mafia role, specifically

i agree there are most likely mafia who can make deals, i just dont think theyre called Poor Sinners, i think thats the town name for them, because the flavour implies sinners = town and the "poor" part comes from the fact theyre "poor, unsuspecting" people from the devil's point of view
Would you argue that a member of a cult is a victim despite joining of their own free will and participating in whatever nefarious acts the cult carries out?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i guess you could argue that theyre still seen as victims being tricked into being friends with the devil

but that seems like a huge stretch
I see the mafia DWTD thing being as much of a stretch tho, assuming there are 3 mafia (2 if the devil is included) it seems so unlikely your role would ever see any use if it was intended to be directed at mafia sinners or whatever. I'm pretty sure, if we are both townies, that our abilities are both intended for use on townies

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I see the mafia DWTD thing being as much of a stretch tho, assuming there are 3 mafia (2 if the devil is included) it seems so unlikely your role would ever see any use if it was intended to be directed at mafia sinners or whatever. I'm pretty sure, if we are both townies, that our abilities are both intended for use on townies
i just dont see why stranger would make a bunch of town roles who are able to deal with the devil, then make another town role who can stop them from being able to, unless they werent always in control of their actions. its giving 1 town more of a right to decide on how someone uses their role than the person with the role themselves and it just doesnt make any sense to me.

but what do you think about lynching skele today, vat making a deal today, and you choosing vat today?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i just dont see why stranger would make a bunch of town roles who are able to deal with the devil, then make another town role who can stop them from being able to, unless they werent always in control of their actions. its giving 1 town more of a right to decide on how someone uses their role than the person with the role themselves and it just doesnt make any sense to me.
I mean this, regardless of whether mafia can make DWTD's, this setup makes no sense to me either without a hypnotist/

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why does vat have to make a deal?
to confirm all aspects of your role, since being able to tell whos a sinner or not doesnt inherently prove you as town since it could be a role for maf to locate sinners and that we just dont have a cop this game since we have loads of trackers/blockers potentially instead. being able to prevent town's deals is inherently townie though imo, so if you prove you can do it, youre essentially confirmed town to me

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
to confirm all aspects of your role, since being able to tell whos a sinner or not doesnt inherently prove you as town since it could be a role for maf to locate sinners and that we just dont have a cop this game since we have loads of trackers/blockers potentially instead. being able to prevent town's deals is inherently townie though imo, so if you prove you can do it, youre essentially confirmed town to me
The devil could just not accept his deal tho...?

Status
Not open for further replies.