Mafia Lite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I gave you my opinion of Sploorky, he's been acting pro-town. That can be just as scummy as anyone else here.

I am not 'going after' anyone, contrary to what everyone seems to think. I simply voiced my concerns that someone wasn't talking too much during MyLo. Now you're talking a little more requently. That's all I pointed out.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I see no reason to unvote, I'm still very sure and sold of da_jink's guiltiness.

And yes, I know there are two mafia, and I know I will need to scumhunt the other. I want to focus on jinks now, because I fear he is particularly skilled in proving he is town. It took this long for me to even notice him on the radar, and he's defended himself rather.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I see no reason to unvote, I'm still very sure and sold of da_jink's guiltiness.

And yes, I know there are two mafia, and I know I will need to scumhunt the other. I want to focus on jinks now, because I fear he is particularly skilled in proving he is town. It took this long for me to even notice him on the radar, and he's defended himself rather.
...Or you could possibly want to lynch me because I seem to be the only person here who has any suspicion of you? You also say you want to scumhunt tomorrow for the other mafia, well have you even considered I am NOT the mafia? There is no scumhunting tomorrow if we aren't sure today.

Also to say I'm skilled in proving I'm town, I believe every single person remaining has at least some suspicion on me currently, I don't think I've done that well if that's the truth.

Sploorky

Reaction score

...Or you could possibly want to lynch me because I seem to be the only person here who has any suspicion of you? You also say you want to scumhunt tomorrow for the other mafia, well have you even considered I am NOT the mafia? There is no scumhunting tomorrow if we aren't sure today.

Also to say I'm skilled in proving I'm town, I believe every single person remaining has at least some suspicion on me currently, I don't think I've done that well if that's the truth.
Didn't I say I was suspicious of you far before you mentioned suspicion of me?
Of course I have considered that you are not mafia. But considering gets us nowhere. I've thought of every angle, I know the outcomes if I am wrong. I do not think I am wrong, I 100% believe you are mafia. I am sure of this, and you can see this, because I am already talking about scumhunting the next day(if I don't get killed in the night). Noone will ever be completely sure of someone's guiltiness, unless a PR calls. Waiting for confirmed suspicions or whatever isn't going to give any more answers. Just intuition and reasoning.

I believe you're skilled in town because, no matter how long people have had suspicion on you, you've deflected it well and you were in no huge danger to be voted for...until now. It did take quite a bit for me and others to lay that vote on considering how long the discussion of the topic was.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

Didn't I say I was suspicious of you far before you mentioned suspicion of me?
Of course I have considered that you are not mafia. But considering gets us nowhere. I've thought of every angle, I know the outcomes if I am wrong. I do not think I am wrong, I 100% believe you are mafia. I am sure of this, and you can see this, because I am already talking about scumhunting the next day(if I don't get killed in the night). Noone will ever be completely sure of someone's guiltiness, unless a PR calls. Waiting for confirmed suspicions or whatever isn't going to give any more answers. Just intuition and reasoning.

I believe you're skilled in town because, no matter how long people have had suspicion on you, you've deflected it well and you were in no huge danger to be voted for...until now. It did take quite a bit for me and others to lay that vote on considering how long the discussion of the topic was.
True, you were suspicious of me before I was of you, though I'll also point out saying that "Oh, because I say we'll scumhunt tomorrow means I'm 100% certain of you" isn't a good argument in my eyes. Mafia could easily say that to get the town to vote with them on who they know is town to get to tomorrow ;)

I'm really unsure right now. I feel safe of digi now with her unvoting when it would of been easy to lynch me and win, and inferno gives a decent reason to unvote later on. Could Mars actually be Mafia? I'm not really sure. Will probably do more re-reading later on to see if I can dig anything little up.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
OK, so I've reread some, and I can look back at the rest of today for more information if needed (the following quotes will only be from day 1) though I also use evidence from today on who I believe the TWO Mafia are.

I believe our final Mafia paring is Sploorky and infernofox.

Why do I believe this?

(will probably divide things into two posts since it may be a tad big, this will be Sploorky's post):

Right, so...well, we've got nothing at this point.

Early game is always waiting for roles to claim, especially in small setups like this. I don't have much to say at this point, so I'll step back and see if anyone has anything to reveal. If so or if not, I'll go from there.
Sploorky starts off day one waiting for claims and saying he will go from there. Feels kinda like he starts off instantly wanting to take charge of this game, at least in my eyes.

infernofox Thank you for the post, I get where you're coming from now.

In most games with this setup, 90% of the time, a claimed cop would get counter claimed. The fact that there was no counter claim is out of the ordinary, and suspecting notty because of it is actually really valid.
Later on, suspicion is rising on inferno due to things I will post later. Just after he makes his counter argument, Sploorky instantly proclaims he gets where he is coming from and (as he did a few times day 1) puts suspicion/doubt on Notty's claim.

We're in a MyLo, fuck. For all intents and purposes, it's blues vs vanilla maf. If we don't get a mafia member lynched now, the town loses.

Anything anyone want to say to start off this scumhunt? Nobody's hugely stood out to me besides infernofox, and that's in a positive light for calling out UltimateBudgie as maf.
Then after we've finished day 1 and lynched UB, his first post of the day is asking whether anyone wants to start the scumhunt (helps Sploorky fly under the radar) and calls out inferno in a positive light.

Now, onto inferno:

Alrighty so I am sceptical that Notty could be mafia since he would have had no idea of Ooglie's role and a cop would have of CC'd. I am indeed a civilian as he says. Sooo lets begin!

Infernofox has only asked for a CC from another cop and hasn't said anything else. Flying under the radar!

vote Infernofox
77 starts off the day bringing suspicion on inferno for his lurking.

Who do you find most suspicious, and why?: No one at the moment, i don't have much to go off of for actual suspicion, most of it would be based on person knowledge and feeling towards other, but i dont want that to get in the way so for no i fos (Finger of Suspicion) no one.

Who do you not find suspicious, and why?: Obviously myself, and since no one CC'd notty im gonna predict the worse case scenerio and either the cop or doc was killed last night.

What do you think of yourself in this game?: I'm gonna keep reading everyones post and scumhunt, but as of now i dont have much.

In an unrelated note i made a new account on epic mafia so if you play on that add me.

http://www.epicmafia.com/user/318390#/
*completely ignores my post and continues to try and fly under the radar*
Later, when Priz gives us questions, inferno gives some pretty mediocre answers and continues to fly under the radar, which both me and 77 acknowledge.

Now, afterwards he does give a pretty good counter argument, but I am not finished!

Thanks for those mafia terminology. Helps a lot.

And lynching someone is fine with me. The thing is that we don't really have enough information about everyone at this point. Does claiming roles would help with something? Or that's just a dumb thing to do at this point? I know several will lie about their role but I bet something will come up if we do that.
no problem, if you have a question on terminology feel free to ask.

Claiming roles would be pointless other than cop since everyone will prob claim blue.

I guess another approach we could take is have the oracle claim their role if they are on someone who is alive and then lynch them to have a clear to work with tomorrow.

Otherwise i would recommend lynching Da Links for the reasons posted above
Says here that role claiming wouldb e a bad idea (which I'll admit, wouldn't of been the best thing, but also helps Mafia because all claiming blue would look pretty bad) and suggests I be lynched.

Now, this honestly isn't a ton of bad stuff against him (beyond the fact 77 was killed before today, which probably would of hurt inferno being 77 had suspicions on him) but this last quote is what truly made me connect the dots:

Who was the only person to ask ansoro who he had chosen as oracle?

Yeah, just wondering who are you orc'd on?

vote Ansoro2112
The only group who I can see at this point having a issue with this would be the Mafia, since the cop had claimed without a counter and doctor was quite possibly dead.

Beyond this, they both have been highly suspicious of me today and done everything possible to get me lynched, and it has felt like inferno has in fact taken the lead mainly and Sploorky followed at some points.

I may look back on this day later, but for now this is what I have.

I truly think digi is town, I know I am town and Mars, though he is somewhat suspicion, isn't ringing bells like inferno and Sploorky are.

I'll assume that Sploorky and inferno will still vote for me, I KNOW Sploorky will, but I think at this point I've brought up a decent argument against them.

So yet again,

Vote Sploorky

• Winner
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Sploorky

Reaction score
Why would inferno throw his own mafia member under the bus?

infernofox said:
UltimateBudgie - You honestly seem like a typical mafia player to me. Nothing too much to suspect, but nothing that really clears you up. 50/50 on you.
In a setup like this, even one mafia member dying hurts mafia odds immensely.

Why would I, as a mafia member, constantly harp on the innocence of my fellow maf? The point is to be untraceable, not obvious.

In games like these, I'm careful. Games like doomed cruise, huge 30 people things, I go out on a limb more, but here, I take it seriously. I listen to what everyone has to say before coming to my own conclusion. Which is why, on day 1 and 3, I do not start, because the thoughts of others are just as valid to figure out what's happening here.

And I suppose what I just said is protecting inferno, and if anyone calls me out on that, simple: Protecting somebody does not make you guilty. If you believe they are town sided, of course you will protect them.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We need to make up our minds.

That sudden surge of voting against Jinks was pretty sudden. Just as quickly as it came, it was gone. Sploorky led that momentary bandwagon, Digi and Inferno tagged along. But Digi backed down from an almost certain Mafia win situation. Unless he/she is crazy smart, it's safe to say Digi is town.

His/her unvote led Jinks to calm down. Inferno only backed off because everyone else did, as though giving in to the fact that his bandwagon was failing.

I'm sensing cooperation between Sploorky and Inferno.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Why would inferno throw his own mafia member under the bus?

infernofox said:
UltimateBudgie - You honestly seem like a typical mafia player to me. Nothing too much to suspect, but nothing that really clears you up. 50/50 on you.
In a setup like this, even one mafia member dying hurts mafia odds immensely.
How is this even close to throwing him under the bus? Inferno also posted MAJOR suspicion of me in that same post, along with suspicions on digi, 77 and a little bit on ansoro and notty at least from my POV.

Why would I, as a mafia member, constantly harp on the innocence of my fellow maf? The point is to be untraceable, not obvious.

In games like these, I'm careful. Games like doomed cruise, huge 30 people things, I go out on a limb more, but here, I take it seriously. I listen to what everyone has to say before coming to my own conclusion. Which is why, on day 1 and 3, I do not start, because the thoughts of others are just as valid to figure out what's happening here.

And I suppose what I just said is protecting inferno, and if anyone calls me out on that, simple: Protecting somebody does not make you guilty. If you believe they are town sided, of course you will protect them.
On this as well, it feels like you are becoming defensive about it. You at least one point stated you were suspicions on inferno, and if I remember right even said you wouldn't consider anyone completely town with the setup. How do you switch from that to completely trusting inferno as town to the point you will defend him at any cost?

Sploorky

Reaction score
How is that close to throwing him under the bus: He literally said "UltimateBudgie is acting like a mafia member." There's a huge difference between putting suspicion on your teammates and outright calling them mafia. And as I've said before, in this setup, you do not bus your own teammates.

Of course I am being defensive, you want to lynch me and it's a LyLo.

I do not 'completely' trust inferno. I still consider the possibility of him being mafia, but in the end--it's improbable. To lay that much suspicion on another mafia just does not make sense. A mafia member clearing an innocent does not make sense, especially when the reasoning he gives actually make a lot of sense.

I do not remember ever saying I had any real suspicions of inferno. If I did, it's valid for them to change as the game goes on.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
How is that close to throwing him under the bus: He literally said "UltimateBudgie is acting like a mafia member." There's a huge difference between putting suspicion on your teammates and outright calling them mafia. And as I've said before, in this setup, you do not bus your own teammates.
He also said "nothing to much to suspect, nothing to clear you up, 50/50".

Of course I am being defensive, you want to lynch me and it's a LyLo.
But I've often come under fire for being defensive? I also realize it's lylo, and I am town, so I guess I'm not nearly as suspicious?

I do not 'completely' trust inferno. I still consider the possibility of him being mafia, but in the end--it's improbable. To lay that much suspicion on another mafia just does not make sense. A mafia member clearing an innocent does not make sense, especially when the reasoning he gives actually make a lot of sense.

I do not remember ever saying I had any real suspicions of inferno. If I did, it's valid for them to change as the game goes on.
In a lylo situation, trusting somewhat as much as you seem to be trusting inferno can hurt very much. I've felt for almost this entire game digi could be Mafia, and now she has proven me wrong. Why aren't you nearly as suspicious of inferno? In fact, quite a bit of my post you didn't respond to, mainly just the accusations of you two teaming and added his bit on UB. Am I the only one that finds it odd he's the only one to inquire on who ansoro orc'd, rather then go along with it? Am I the only one, who finds anything I quoted odd? It seems not, from Mars' post. As well, would love to hear from digitalmez on her thoughts, since I currently trust her the most.

Sploorky

Reaction score
He also said "nothing to much to suspect, nothing to clear you up, 50/50".
Still bussing, can't deny that. He may not have acted on it, but that doesn't make it any less strange for a mafia member to say that to another maf.

But I've often come under fire for being defensive? I also realize it's lylo, and I am town, so I guess I'm not nearly as suspicious?
Doesn't mean I'm not suspicious, it means it's not a good reason to be suspicious of me. Being defensive isn't something that should be used against people, because town can be defensive for the purpose of helping out the town.

In a lylo situation, trusting somewhat as much as you seem to be trusting inferno can hurt very much. I've felt for almost this entire game digi could be Mafia, and now she has proven me wrong. Why aren't you nearly as suspicious of inferno? In fact, quite a bit of my post you didn't respond to, mainly just the accusations of you two teaming and added his bit on UB. Am I the only one that finds it odd he's the only one to inquire on who ansoro orc'd, rather then go along with it? Am I the only one, who finds anything I quoted odd? It seems not, from Mars' post. As well, would love to hear from digitalmez on her thoughts, since I currently trust her the most.
I know what comes out of it if I am wrong. In the end, we have to vote for someone. I think you are mafia, and given the entire events that happened, I would not suspect inferno to be mafia if you are.

I believe I responded to every part of your post that concerned me? I do not need to speak for inferno, and I do not know what else I would need to respond to in your post.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Just gonna give a little heads up that im really busy today and working on a tough project right now. Ill try to get a post explaining a bit more in a few hours.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Yeah, like im gonna take a "break" from working and just go back to working. Guess i underestimated my procrastination.

Let me explain the unvote. In the short run, it was a reaction test against sploorky.
I had a gut feeling early game that the mafia was sploorky and Mars and i just wanted to make sure i can trust sploorky's vote. If he withdrew it ment that the majority vote was shifting, and as mafia he would want to shift towards it. Since he held his stance, even after a few hours, im going to say he passed the test and ill give him my trust for now.

Now for some question answering on everything else, and im not gonna quote since it gets messy in the posting area.

First of all you claimed my lurkiness in the first few days. Let me explain forum mafia is different in time settings than a typical epic mafia game. This isnt where i can sit down for 30 minutes and play without any real life things grappling me. I was legitimately busy in that time, and i find it odd you are tunneling so hard on me alone for supposed lurking, when im sure there were several others who were posting very little in that same period. I can elaborate more on this if you would like later on.

The next point you mentioned is the whole 77's deaththing. Of course he would be killed, he is clear town player, and that makes him a prime target for mafia to create confusion among townies. You cant say just because a certain player dies, it must be anothers fault specifically because then planned set-ups can come into play.

Your other point was the part where i was asking who he was orc'd on. Once again i dont see how this is a good point against me. I't was a simple matter of curiosity on who the player was on and just a conversation starter. Does it really matter if i ask who he was orc'd on if it would become apparent in a short while anyway? seems too much like you gripping at anything you can find.

Now let me me explain one more thing before i get back to work, at the start of today i had a fos on Jinks, and Jinks alone for that single slip on D1. But now i am 100% sure on my choice. jinks and Mars are the last mafia and i can say this with certainty. Digi and Sploorky both have heavy towntells, Mars leans to neither scum nor town, but i found him by process of elimination. Jinks i can almost confirm as mafia due to his defensive reactions to my posts. Notice how a lot of the evidence he throws against me is somewhat stretched. The death of a clear? Asking who someone is orc'd on when obviously it will become known anyway? Lurking along with several other players? These are all pretty far stretched claims and seem way to desperate of an attempt to turn the suspicion on me

The last point I want to bring up is how earlier today he stated he trusted me and thought i was town. Notice how when the focus is lifted off of him, even just a little, he changes his view completely. As i said, the unvote was a reaction test, but it had meaning on both you and Sploorky. In this case, it cleared sploorky in my eyes, and confirmed you as mafia.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
One last thing im gonna mention before i get back to work.

Im not gonna re-vote yet since if i vote for Jinks right now, Jinks can change his vote to Mars, and Mars can vote no one. If this happens it forces a No Lynch and lets mafia win.

I highly recommend until we can get 3 people to agree on one person, we dont vote. I dont want Mars and Jinks to set a blitz on the town.

Im going to say this one last time.

Da Jinks and MarsKid are mafia, and now i am 100% sure on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.