Mafia Lite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Why would I waste time putting myself in improbable situations? I do not need to cover if I am mafia, because I am not mafia. I'm trying to scumhunt, which is the entire point of discussion. I do not need to put myself in possible pairups, because that's effectively scumhunting when I already know my role.

digitalmez has already given my reason for why I don't think she is mafia. Based on personal observations and repeated playing throughout the seasons of mafia I have played with her, she would not try a strategy as to vote for me if she was mafia and I was not. I wouldn't even suggest that strategy for two mafia members to do with each other, considering with this setup, any mafia member lost hits hard for the mafia team. The entire discussion of 'lurking' is a bit moot as well, considering she was active enough on day one, day two was over in a flash, and day three is the only real evidence of lurking.

1) From a town sided perspective, you feel inferno is the most town sided of anyone here. -I feel he's had the most town-like train of thought.
2) You don't think digi is Mafia. - I think inferno has good reasoning to believe digi's innocent, and I am inclined to take his reasoning seriously.
3) You at this point bring it to me, Mars and you, then going on to claim your innocence. Of course I would claim my innocence. Any mafia player does, no matter who they are, and what their role is.
4) Your inclined to believe me and Mars are. In a choice between You+Mars or Inferno+digi, yes, I would wager on you.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, why am I suspicious? Because of my peculiar vote for Sploorky? Look, if I were Mafia I would have made some attempt killing him on the first night.
Also, let me address the lurking, I have work and when you guys do reply it's the middle of the night. So please have patience c:
As for me looking guilty, I understand your concerns, the only thing I can say to defend myself is, I'm not Mafia. At this point I'm highly suspicious of Inferno.
Notty outs himself as Cop and then Inferno comes up with the plan to lynch the Oracle--

The evidence against me is that I'm attacking Digi. Has anyone here played EpicMafia actually? I've nailed 90% of mafia players through picking out those that are currently taking a lurking standpoint. I'm acting off of experience.
So what?
You could have nailed 90% of town players as well.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Wait, why am I suspicious? Because of my peculiar vote for Sploorky? Look, if I were Mafia I would have made some attempt killing him on the first night.
Also, let me address the lurking, I have work and when you guys do reply it's the middle of the night. So please have patience c:
As for me looking guilty, I understand your concerns, the only thing I can say to defend myself is, I'm not Mafia. At this point I'm highly suspicious of Inferno.
Notty outs himself as Cop and then Inferno comes up with the plan to lynch the Oracle--

The evidence against me is that I'm attacking Digi. Has anyone here played EpicMafia actually? I've nailed 90% of mafia players through picking out those that are currently taking a lurking standpoint. I'm acting off of experience.
So what?
I can understand you a bit more now, and am a tad less suspicious. Though I'll still say that in every game of Mafia I've ever played lurking and random votes are very suspicious. I'm honestly unsure at this point, as I didn't expect you to fos inferno really. Gonna think about this a bit and come back later...

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm really getting thrown under the bus here for some sort of 'attack' that is being blown out of proportion. We're not getting anywhere without working together. Little pieces of information like that are what sinks our boat.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score

So what?

Gonna start with a reply to this.

First of all, the thing that makes me suspicious is you throw out a vote with the only reasoning being sploorky is a good player. Now this seems extremely unreasonable to me considering the potential of him being town and being able to help us that way. Why you would try to just jump on a player solely because of who they are is beyond me.

As for your killing him N1 as maf, there would be two other mafia members to make a decision, one being UB, so even if you were maf and wanted to kill him N1, the other two could of aimed more for Oog and overuled your decision so dont use that as an excuse.

As for lurking, its mostly due to the fact you post so rarely. If work and timezones were the only case, than its should be every 24 hour period or so. Since i dont want to bring real life into this im just gonna ignore that for the time being and drop the lurking thing.

Next bit is why i find you innocent. Other than the bandwagon excuse and the others excuses i previously made, your posts contain a very "towntell" like style. What i mean by this is you posts i find identify you as town. You have unique ideas, you bring new ideas to the table, and you for the most part act like town. Thats why im not fosing you at the moment

For the last bit is the reason you find me suspicious. You fos me for coming up with a strategy to tackle day 1 with? I dont see anyone else with a better approach to D1 other than a random lynch and pray. Sure, lynching the oracle may not have been the most in-meta plan, but that seemed like our best chance at the moment so i decided to mention it. Also, 5 other players if i count correctly agreed with the plan, so this reasoning for suspicion seems weak if you ask me.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
I'm really getting thrown under the bus here for some sort of 'attack' that is being blown out of proportion. We're not getting anywhere without working together. Little pieces of information like that are what sinks our boat.

No one ever really through you under the bus. No attacks were made, and no true reasoning for suspicion has fell on other than the reason of me ruling sploorky and digi out leaving you and jinks in my eyes.

You cant call what im doing as an attack on you, however your very defensive response to my assumption is setting off a few red flags to me so now i believe i have at least a ground to suspect you.

I really want to wait to see what conclusions you others bring before i make any last decisions myself. Sometimes, the reactions of others is what gives away their true desires.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
1) From a town sided perspective, you feel inferno is the most town sided of anyone here.
2) You don't think digi is Mafia.
3) You at this point bring it to me, Mars and you, then going on to claim your innocence.
4) Your inclined to believe me and Mars are.

You aren't defending digi, but out of the five of us left she and inferno are the most believable to be town? How can you say you aren't defending her when you blatantly make it out that she is not Mafia? You also don't give any example of where you could be Mafia, which I find odd as well. I understand I am the most suspicious right now, but I still fail to see how A) Me and Mars are wrong for having suspicion of digi for lurking and random voting and B) How you can say there is zero chance you are the Mafia. Of course, your gonna say your town, but for all the suspicion on me I'll proclaim I am town til I'm blue in the face.

Basically, I have one massive question for you and inferno:

Why do you have such little suspicion of digi, despite lurking and random voting you (two immensely suspicious things in every game of EpicMafia I've ever played) but rather find me and Mars suspicious for pointing out these obvious issues?

I'm not going to put in any final vote/fos until I've seen you and inferno's response, and would also love to see a reply from digi herself as she still has not posted throughout this whole day.

(As a quick note, I'm not going to say Mars is innocent as of now, and in fact and believing inferno more and more as innocent but rather would like to focus on my main fos' at this moment.

And last but not least ill answer this

I find that the reasons people are finding digi suspicious can all be easily explained
First of all is her early attack on sploorky.
This really seems like an attack due to inexperience at the game. Now i dont mean for this to be taken in an offensive way, what im saying is because she isnt as experience as sploorky, she fears his capabilities to either lead the mafia against her if he is one, or to lead the town against her if she is mafia. The third possibility being they are both town and her fear would then be nelgible, which is the case i find the most likely

Next off is her "lurking"
Sure she lurked on Day 1 a lot, but a lot of us did. She had little to no information to go off of other than her suspicion of sploorky so what more could she really say. Do to time zone difference she coulnt really pick up when we all started posting a lot and that makes her seem lurky. I find lurking to be a nelgible trait in forum mafia unless done in extreme amounts like 2 or more days of not posting.

The next thing, which is a little more complex than the first two reasons, is her towntell. Im sure most of you know what this means so let me explain why i believe she town-tells.
She has independent ideas and she doesnt go along with what everyone is saying. She also acts like she genuinly wants town to win. It's hard to explain exactly why her posts make her seem town to me, but i believe she is towntelling a lot more than scumtelling.

Also dont get me wrong, i still am suspicious of sploorky, just less so than you and Mar's for his towntell

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
I'm not attacking Digi, but I do wish she would post more. I'm not planning on voting for her unless she completely drops off the radar.
Also i want to mention this. I feel that both you and Digi need to post a bit more of the ideas you have given the current situation.

Digi posted once with a bit of information, but not much to back up her claim

Mar's posted a few times, but all the posts were defensive and don't seem to have any independent ideas. I would like if you two posted a bit more if possible.

Also i would like to apologize for posting so many times in a row. I prefer to keep my ideas separate from each other.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
You know inferno, I honestly feel very sure your town and think your making a lot of sense. I said earlier my suspicion on digi is dropping a bit, but I still wonder...

Now, Mars hasn't been on my radar but looking back at his posts and then reading your posts today I can suddenly understand why your suspicious of him. Though I really don't know why, I just have something in my gut about Sploorky... I dunno. Maybe wait for Mars to reply to your posts?

Sploorky

Reaction score
You know inferno, I honestly feel very sure your town and think your making a lot of sense. I said earlier my suspicion on digi is dropping a bit, but I still wonder...

Now, Mars hasn't been on my radar but looking back at his posts and then reading your posts today I can suddenly understand why your suspicious of him. Though I really don't know why, I just have something in my gut about Sploorky... I dunno. Maybe wait for Mars to reply to your posts?
Aaaand this is where I feel you're slipped up. From what I'm getting across in this post, you're desperate to save yourself, so you are agreeing with the person who is suspicious of you, trying to make yourself out to ally with him. You distance yourself from Mars for fear of him bringing you down/forming a valid connection, and then you mention a 'gut' feeling against me. I'm sorry, but I hate the usage of gut feelings, because it's basically saying "Yeah, I don't have any good reasons for being suspicious of this person, but I'll say I am so I look like I'm not flying under the radar/have alternatives to lynch." If you've got no evidence, I don't take gut feelings seriously.

I feel I've gauged things long enough. I am willing to bet that Da_Jinks is a member of the mafia, even under the threat of a LyLo, I am confident enough to do this.

vote Da_Jinks

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

Aaaand this is where I feel you're slipped up. From what I'm getting across in this post, you're desperate to save yourself, so you are agreeing with the person who is suspicious of you, trying to make yourself out to ally with him. You distance yourself from Mars for fear of him bringing you down/forming a valid connection, and then you mention a 'gut' feeling against me. I'm sorry, but I hate the usage of gut feelings, because it's basically saying "Yeah, I don't have any good reasons for being suspicious of this person, but I'll say I am so I look like I'm not flying under the radar/have alternatives to lynch." If you've got no evidence, I don't take gut feelings seriously.

I feel I've gauged things long enough. I am willing to bet that Da_Jinks is a member of the mafia, even under the threat of a LyLo, I am confident enough to do this.

vote Da_Jinks
Gah, will reply to this in a bit.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Alright, right now, honestly I am just reading each person. Mars hadn't gotten on my radar because I was honestly looking more at why we were being paired together for simply fos'ing digi. Now that inferno has posted his reply, I was looking back and realizing that skipping over him was a terrible idea. Everyone is possible Mafia now, and I'm just trying to figure out who could possibly be the Mafia.

Sploorky, I said gut feeling and that is all, a little feeling towards someone. It is by no means any attempt to get you lynched or say you are Mafia, but rather I've honestly felt you were innocent this whole game and am just beginning to start and take notice of you.

Inferno I am currently finding innocent not because he thinks of me was guilty but because his posts are very sound and have good logic. He has every reason to think of me as suspicious and posts true reasons to believe it.

Digi I'm still suspicious of, though the fact she at least explain her lurking and such is good.

Sploorky, if you are town, I'm in the same boat as you. I just want to find the Mafia anyway possible. I am very suspicious right now, and there is every reason to be. Others have small reasons to be suspicious of, but I am currently the big fish to fry. Please, understand me saying I have a gut feeling isn't a attempt to get you lynch'd but just to say I don't find you completely innocent currently and just want to keep a eye out.

I think, honestly, what would be nice is to see each persons current thoughts on each person, as that would be a nice way to see someone possibly slip up or give good reasons to be suspicious of someone.

I honestly feel rather then focusing on one person we should focus on who the TWO are and not instantly rush to lynch the elephant in the room. I'm honestly town and will do what I can to prove it.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't like posting long replies because they can put up a smokescreen of trust. I've seen previous games, and JKangaroo was always shifty because he posted huge paragraphs of information every once in a while. Just because he posted a lot of words, town players were inclined to trust him. But he has been a Mafia player before, granted he was caught, but posting a lot is just as anti-town as posting few times.

As for me being defensive, I believe I do have a right to be slightly discomforted. I pointed out that Digi was lurking and you starting making a basis for an investigation out of that. Scum generally lurk or post too much, that's a fact of the game.

In regarding Jinks, I will defend him a bit, whether that makes me anti-town in your eyes or what. Let's be serious here people, would a mafia player really be that clumsy? Then again, every is suspicious this game. Maybe he really is guilty and is just playing idiotic.

I guess it all depends on who presses on lynches the most. Withholding my vote for now, gonna view some stuff.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alright. Double-posting like a pro.

Let's start with DaJinks.

Jinks seems to have been a big suspicion since Day 1, first started by Notty. Granted, his/her death would benefit any Mafia player considering he/she was the cop, but wouldn't that give Jinks the upper hand? He was able to wipe away the basically clear cop and get away clean.

Then there's the death of 77, the only town member made completely clear. That doesn't really indicate anyone in particular, but it helps the mafia majorly. Maybe Jinks got overconfident and made a slip?

Also, he alluded to there still being a doctor. There is no way there is a doctor in this game. Ooglie was definitely the doctor. Who wouldn't have protected Notty or 77? Only scummy guys would try to implement the idea of a still-living doctor, giving the town false feelings of protection (though it didn't work at all).

Then Digi, who had a lot of suspicion near the start. I actually defended him/her because the vendetta vote was just too silly of a maneuver for a mafia player. My only complaint is the lack of posting, that's all. He/she may be a town player for all I know, but in a MyLo situation, everyone needs to be talking.

Then Inferno, who became active after being called out by a few people for his inactivity. More of a coincidental thing, but still something to consider.

Sploorky has been pretty un-suspicious and helping out the town. But that's what a mafia player strives to do.

And for the sake of argument, how about myself? I've been relatively quiet, but early on I did offer my thoughts on the Digi-Jinks debate. Then there's my defensive posts. They were responding to Inferno saying I was attacking Digi. As said above, contribution is key.

Everyone is pretty scummy, and I'm not excluded.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

So what?

Gonna start with a reply to this.

First of all, the thing that makes me suspicious is you throw out a vote with the only reasoning being sploorky is a good player. Now this seems extremely unreasonable to me considering the potential of him being town and being able to help us that way. Why you would try to just jump on a player solely because of who they are is beyond me.

As for your killing him N1 as maf, there would be two other mafia members to make a decision, one being UB, so even if you were maf and wanted to kill him N1, the other two could of aimed more for Oog and overuled your decision so dont use that as an excuse.

As for lurking, its mostly due to the fact you post so rarely. If work and timezones were the only case, than its should be every 24 hour period or so. Since i dont want to bring real life into this im just gonna ignore that for the time being and drop the lurking thing.

Next bit is why i find you innocent. Other than the bandwagon excuse and the others excuses i previously made, your posts contain a very "towntell" like style. What i mean by this is you posts i find identify you as town. You have unique ideas, you bring new ideas to the table, and you for the most part act like town. Thats why im not fosing you at the moment

For the last bit is the reason you find me suspicious. You fos me for coming up with a strategy to tackle day 1 with? I dont see anyone else with a better approach to D1 other than a random lynch and pray. Sure, lynching the oracle may not have been the most in-meta plan, but that seemed like our best chance at the moment so i decided to mention it. Also, 5 other players if i count correctly agreed with the plan, so this reasoning for suspicion seems weak if you ask me.

*My vote for Sploorky-- meh, I did it to stir a reaction and yes for my own selfish means I voted for him.

*I'm a team player. IF I were part of Mafia I'm not going to go out on a limb and ignore what my other team mates have strategised. Now I know what I said contradicts the point above (being selfish), seeing as I'm town and we're suppose to work together to pin point who's suspicious; but there's so many other factors involved - such as Mafia, who are trying to deceive us.

*Lynching the Oracle was a good idea, IF the Cop didn't out himself and we weren't down a Doctor. I'm not targeting you and only you, but know that the reason I find you suspicious is because you suggest this after Notty has outed himself. This gives Mafia a great advantage to taking out the Cop.

And now look---
Here we are stuck with nothing to go on but luck.

I
As for me being defensive, I believe I do have a right to be slightly discomforted. I pointed out that Digi was lurking and you starting making a basis for an investigation out of that. Scum generally lurk or post too much, that's a fact of the game.
Also, what is this?
What is too much and what is less? I feel I've made a generous amount of posts. Or is it that my posts lack input or do you genuinely believe that I haven't contributed at all?

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bump, just letting you know that this day phase will end on

Sunday 17 October @ 9pm GMT
Please finish this day before then, or a giant meteor will crash down and make you all lose!

• Haha
Reactions: Jivvi

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I. AM. FREAKING. OUT!

Right now my suspicions lie with Mars and Jinks.
I also get the feeling that Sploorky and Mars could be working together. At this point I sort of, kind of trust inferno. I'm not really sold on voting for Jinks, for me I'm more inclined to vote for Mars--- BUT my god what if Sploorky and inferno are working together?

Ok. Here goes nothing vote Da_Jinks

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Claiming does nothing. All we'll get is a bunch of people saying random roles and arguing over who is the best candidate for them. Also, it gives the Janitor a huge advantage, considering he can't be CC'd.

So I guess we review the two prime suspicions: Da Jinks and infernofox, Jinks for his defensive mannerisms and inferno for his pro-lurking for a chunk of the game.

Overly-defensive isn't a typical mafia strategy; it puts you under too much town scrutiny. But, Jinks could be a naturally defensive person, or is frustrated at being picked out. Pushing that aside, however, I don't have too much suspicion on him admittedly.

Inferno, however, was doing well avoiding conflict by using the most popular EpicMafia scum strategy: lurking. I've played EpicMafia enough to know nearly all scummy players lurk. Considering this is an Epic setup, that strategy is definitely in play. Also, this is a small game; the vocal players can easily take center stage, blocking the more quiet players from view.

My current two cents. Jinks and Inferno are our prime suspects in my opinion. Digi is only acting on a vendetta, and something like that just screams angry town player. Throwing yourself out there as a mafia member would be an awful move, as it puts you in right in the center of the spotlight.

There's something off about this.
So you're suspicious of me, but would rather attack Inferno and Jinks-- this eradicates my thoughts of a team between you and Jinks.

Even after the elimination of Notty, Ansoro and Ultimate, you then still attack Inferno-- so that eliminates a team between Inferno and you.

Plus you've been going after me a lot.
You don't seem to have any kind of opinion towards Sploorky.
vote Marskid

Status
Not open for further replies.