Mafia Lite 2 - Sign-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This will be a bare-bones Mafia game using Setup163 - no flavor text, no roleplaying, just pure strategy and Mafia.
To keep the game running quickly and to prevent confused new users entering the game, it is recommended that only players with significant (2+ games) forum Mafia or a few weeks of EpicMafia experience sign up, although this is not mandatory. Many of the power roles in this game you probably won't have seen before unless you play EpicMafia, so make sure to check their wiki if you're confused on any of the roles. Players with significant past experience take priority, so a player with 5 forum games under his belt can take the place of someone who's only just joined in the case of too many signups.
[panel]

RULES
  • Under no circumstances may you edit your post. Double-posting is allowed, however.
  • Inactive players will be given one warning, then kicked and replaced.
  • If you're dead or not playing, don't rate posts.
  • All roles are randomly selected, don't moan if you get a role you don't want.
  • Games may take upwards of a month to complete. Please, don't sign up if you can't commit.
  • All game chat must be kept here or in faction conversations.
  • During the daily lynch, bold your vote otherwise it won't count.
  • Factions that talk in conversation may only speak during the night.
  • There is no Last Statement in this game, as a precaution after an extremely easy first lynch D1 in Mafia Lite V1.
  • This setup is intentionally confusing, and is recommended for experienced players. Do not sign up if you think you won't understand everything.
ORDER OF ACTIONS: Mafia, Disguiser, Janitor, Tracker/Watcher/Bodyguard
ROLES
I'm making some changes to Mafia Lite V1. We'll be using a completely different setup this time around, using Politics as Usual (Setup163 from EpicMafia) which has 3 villagers, 1 mafia, 1 bodyguard, 1 watcher, 1 tracker and 1 janitor. The game starts at night and as usual there are no PMs allowed beyond power roles PMing their targets to me.
Role descriptions are as follows.
  • Villager: Sided with the Town. Has no power ability but can vote in the daily lynchings.
  • Bodyguard: Sided with the Town. Every night, they can choose one person to save from death and if they were targeted by the Mafia the Bodyguard will be killed instead.
  • Watcher: Sided with the Town. Every night, the Watcher can choose one player to track and see who visits them.
  • Tracker: Sided with the Town. The Tracker is the same as the Watcher, but instead of seeing who visits the target, they will see who the target visits.
  • Mafia: Sided with the Mafia, will choose 1 player per night with the Disguiser to kill.
  • Disguiser: Sided with the Mafia, will choose 1 player per night with the Mafia to kill. This role does not work normally with forum games - it has been modified. Each night, the Disguiser chooses one player. If the Disguiser is killed, the role shown on the death ticker is that of the last chosen player.
  • Janitor: Sided with the Mafia. Does not take part in the standard Mafia conversation - instead, the Janitor chooses a target each night. If the Janitor chooses the player who was to die that night, their role is only revealed to the Janitor. The Town do not find out.
Mafia/Disguiser will be able to PM each other and decide on ONE person to eliminate from the game. When a decision is reached they will PM the host (Prizyms in this case), saying which player to target and which member of the Mafia will carry out that target. All roles except the Villager have an ability that requires a PM to the host.

SIGNUP FORM
Timezone:
Previous Mafia Experience:
CURRENT PLAYERS (7/9):
vati180
77_is_the_best
Sploorky
theodorre
Dessern5
Balloon98
Ooglie101
HarmakPaul
JKangaroo[/panel]​
Ok, that's a wrap! Good luck to all participators.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The last 2 slots are reserved for a random pick of players.

Everyone, feel free to sign up, but I will only be choosing 2 to go into the game. The rest will be substitutes.

Signups close on Friday.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I hope I'm not to late. D=
I had to go to a couple of classes.

Timezone: PST (Hawaii Time or GMT -10)
Previous Mafia Experience: Alpha's Mafia Seasons 2,3, and 4; Mafia Lite v1
- Won Alpha's Seasons 2 and 3; Lost Mafia Lite and Season 4​

(Edit: Didn't mention this, but to lessen any possible confusion, I did see the post that says the remaining 2 spots will be randomly picked; So Harmak, myself, and any others afterwards will be possible candidates; so I did see that just to clear up the "Hope I'm not to late" statement I made)

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Players: I'd recommend that you sign up for EpicMafia and play a few games with this setup (163/Politics as Usual) to familiarize yourself with how all of the roles work. Many of these roles haven't been featured in Blocktopia Mafia before.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Players: I'd recommend that you sign up for EpicMafia and play a few games with this setup (163/Politics as Usual) to familiarize yourself with how all of the roles work. Many of these roles haven't been featured in Blocktopia Mafia before.
Quick question: How quickly do games go by in EpicMafia?
The website does not entirely give a clear idea of what each and every role is or the time period for the game besides that you are matched up with random players.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Quick question: How quickly do games go by in EpicMafia?
The website does not entirely give a clear idea of what each and every role is or the time period for the game besides that you are matched up with random players.
Games take no longer than 5-10 minutes. It is chat based, not forum based. All of the roles are available on their Wiki, and you can learn a lot about Mafia tactics there.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.